Posted to rec.food.cooking
levelwave

Default Left Half 'n Half in the car all night

yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?

~john

Posted to rec.food.cooking
BoboBonobo

levelwave wrote:
> yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
> if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
> over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?

40 degrees, it's definitely OK. If a milk product has gone off, you
can smell it.

> ~john

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

levelwave wrote:
> yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
> if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
> over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?

Safe for what... for birth control... yes you can swallow.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

levelwave wrote:
> yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
> if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
> over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?

Was it around 40°F and below, or 40°F and above? Your refrigerator
is probably 40°F, right? And the carton was unopened? If it smells
okay when you open it, I'd use it. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking
levelwave

actually... it was more like 50 to 55. I'll give her a whif here in a
few.

~john

Posted to rec.food.cooking
levelwave

Is it widely known that projectile vomit chick is Sheldon' gimmick?

~john

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 10 Jan 2006 11:22:16a, levelwave wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
> if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
> over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?
>
> ~john

Yes.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article .com>,
"levelwave" > wrote:

> yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
> if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
> over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?
>
> ~john

Sure. Taste it. If it's sour, toss it. If it's not, put it in the
fridge.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook

On 10 Jan 2006 10:22:16 -0800, "levelwave" >
wrote:

>yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
>if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
>over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?
>
>~john

Pour some in hot coffee. If it does not curdle, it is ok.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

The Cook wrote:
>"levelwave" wrote:
>
> >yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
> >if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
> >over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?

> Pour some in hot coffee. If it does not curdle, it is ok.

Curdling could also mean the coffee is too hot.

What a couple of babies... just taste it, no one ever died from soured
cream.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

levelwave wrote:
> yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
> if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
> over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?
>
> ~john

Yes. Especially if it was unopened, and even more so if it was
"ultra-pasteurized".

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Curly Sue

On 10 Jan 2006 10:40:46 -0800, "levelwave" >
wrote:

>actually... it was more like 50 to 55. I'll give her a whif here in a
>few.
>
>~john

It will probably be OK for a few days if stored properly, but expect a
shorter shelf life.

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jo Anne Slaven

wrote:

>yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
>if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
>over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?

Hell, we leave half&half out on the kitchen counter for hours at a
time, and haven't ever had a problem with it.

I think they must do something to it to make it keep longer than milk
- it's almost impossible to get the stuff to go bad.

Jo Anne
Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

> What a couple of babies... just taste it, no one ever died from soured
> cream.

Oh my I just totally agreed with Sheldon. Ack... taking some Echinacea just
incase.

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester

levelwave wrote:
> yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
> if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
> over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?
>
> ~john

You'll never know unless you taste it.

I suspect it will be OK but may sour a bit
sooner than the expiration date on the carton.

We all make mistakes.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

levelwave wrote:
> Is it widely known that projectile vomit chick is Sheldon' gimmick?

Actually we're a mutual admiration society... we've never met (not to
my knowledge) but if we ever did first thing we'd do to each other is
something pornographic.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kate Connally

levelwave wrote:

> yeah it's cheap...I should prolly just toss it, I know. But I'm curious
> if it would still be good... I left a carton of half 'n half in the car
> over night in around 40 degree weather. You think it's safe?
>
> ~john

Of course it's fine. Why wouldn't it be?
Kate