Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

Default Today's Breakfast

A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced bananas, dusted
with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on the side. Hearty stuff!

What did you have?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced bananas,
>dusted
> with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on the side. Hearty stuff!
>
> What did you have?
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
> __________________________________________________ ________________
> And if we enter a room full of manure, may we believe in the pony.

A leftover Latka and some leftover Kasha Varniska. Had a late Chanukah
night at my house due to us all having the flu over the holidays. My Jewish
friend says she doesn't get treated to such good food by her own family. I
love hearing that every year and the kids and I really enjoy celebrating her
way.

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 05 Jan 2006 11:46:57a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it King's
Crown?

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>>A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced bananas,
>>dusted
>> with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on the side. Hearty
>> stuff!
>>
>> What did you have?
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>> __________________________________________________ ________________
>> And if we enter a room full of manure, may we believe in the pony.

> A leftover Latka and some leftover Kasha Varniska. Had a late Chanukah
> night at my house due to us all having the flu over the holidays. My
> Jewish friend says she doesn't get treated to such good food by her own
> family. I love hearing that every year and the kids and I really enjoy
> celebrating her way.

I love leftovers for breakfast, but right now I have no leftover anything.
<g>

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced bananas,
>dusted
> with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on the side. Hearty stuff!
>
> What did you have?

I had a bowl of raisin bran mixed with granola, topped w/ skim milk. Very
filling. I was worried that I wouldn't be hungry for my early lunch date w/
my husband today...but fortunately, I was. He had been given a gift
certificate to a sushi buffet place (Todai, which I believe is a chain. We
feasted on several kinds of sushi (though I don't eat the uncooked kind) and
really delicious salads. There was a hot food bar, but it didn't interest
me as much as the cold stuff.

Chris

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bronwyn

Sweet sweet honeydew and canteloupe melon pieces, plain yoghurt and LSE
mix.
Free range egg fried and some really tasty bacon.
Sitting on the deck with a girlfriend houseguest. very nice

Cheers
Bronnie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Elisa

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced bananas,
>dusted
> with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on the side. Hearty stuff!
>
> What did you have?
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
> __________________________________________________ ________________

Thomas's English Muffin with Olivio spread. I had one of those moments
where I couldn't get the english muffin apart and grabbed a knife resulting
in one thick half and one way-too-skinny half. I hate when that happens!

Elisa

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen MacInerney

Goat cheese on semi-stale italian bread with olive oil, a slice of
tomato, and some garlic salt. Which I eat more often than I probably
should. (Although lately I've been substituing arugula for the tomato.

Yours sounds healthier than mine. And tastier, too, come to think of
it...

Karen MacInerney
Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur, and culinary mystery author
www.karenmacinerney.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

a poached egg on a Thomas' english muffin half. Had the other half
with butter and jam with a cup of tea. Very nice. Usually though, I
eat oatmeal with milk and maple syrup for breakfast. With maybe a
satsuma orange afterwards.

Melsisa

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kathy in NZ

On 5 Jan 2006 19:30:26 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced bananas, dusted
>with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on the side. Hearty stuff!
>
>What did you have?
>
>--
>Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>_________________________________________________ _________________
>And if we enter a room full of manure, may we believe in the pony.

My usual workday breakfast, a muffin split with bacon and an egg
inside. Courtesy of our work caf.

Kathy in NZ
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 05 Jan 2006 09:34:19p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Kathy in
NZ?

> On 5 Jan 2006 19:30:26 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced bananas,
>>dusted with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on the side.
>>Hearty stuff!
>>
>>What did you have?
>>
>>--
>>Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>________________________________________________ __________________
>>And if we enter a room full of manure, may we believe in the pony.

> My usual workday breakfast, a muffin split with bacon and an egg
> inside. Courtesy of our work caf.
>
> Kathy in NZ

I loved the places I've worked where was a company cafeteria. Most were
very good. One, in particular, was excellent. I miss that!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kathy in NZ

On 6 Jan 2006 05:41:39 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Thu 05 Jan 2006 09:34:19p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Kathy in
>NZ?
>
>> On 5 Jan 2006 19:30:26 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced bananas,
>>>dusted with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on the side.
>>>Hearty stuff!
>>>
>>>What did you have?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>>_______________________________________________ ___________________
>>>And if we enter a room full of manure, may we believe in the pony.

>> My usual workday breakfast, a muffin split with bacon and an egg
>> inside. Courtesy of our work caf.
>>
>> Kathy in NZ

>I loved the places I've worked where was a company cafeteria. Most were
>very good. One, in particular, was excellent. I miss that!
>
>--
>Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Our work caf went upmarket a few years back and is now open to the
public as a coffee bar *** lunch venue. However, staff are given
subsidised prices. I find it okay, not brilliant.

Kathy in NZ

Posted to rec.food.cooking
rox formerly rmg

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced bananas,

dusted
> with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on the side. Hearty stuff!
>
> What did you have?

I got up and started working right away, and by the time I went into the
kitchen it was 11:30, so I boiled some whole wheat penne and added frozen
peas and spinach to the water at the end. Drain, drizzle with EVO and a
little salt, and copious toasted walnuts with just 1 or 2 dots of blue
cheese. Pretty good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 05 Jan 2006 09:34:19p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Kathy
> in NZ?
>
>> On 5 Jan 2006 19:30:26 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> A big bowl of pinhead oatmeal with toasted walnuts and sliced
>>> bananas, dusted with brown sugar. A couple of slices of bacon on
>>> the side. Hearty stuff!
>>>
>>> What did you have?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>> __________________________________________________ ________________
>>> And if we enter a room full of manure, may we believe in the pony.

>> My usual workday breakfast, a muffin split with bacon and an egg
>> inside. Courtesy of our work caf.
>>
>> Kathy in NZ

> I loved the places I've worked where was a company cafeteria. Most
> were very good. One, in particular, was excellent. I miss that!

I've never worked in a place with a cafeteria but in one building there was
this little privately owned place that did breakfast and lunch. For about a
buck you could get a bacon & egg sandwich on toast. Lunchtime they usually
offered one or two 'entrees', e.g. meatloaf or baked chicken with a couple
of veggie sides. It was great for a while, then I guess it changed owners.
Suddenly you could never tell if they'd be open or not. If they were open,
they often didn't have much in the way of food! LOL They were gone shortly
after that but we moved to a new building anyway so it didn't matter.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
serene

On 5 Jan 2006 16:01:50 -0800, "Bronwyn" > wrote:

>Sweet sweet honeydew and canteloupe melon pieces, plain yoghurt and LSE
>mix.
>Free range egg fried and some really tasty bacon.
>Sitting on the deck with a girlfriend houseguest. very nice

Toast and tomato juice. I need to go shopping.

What's LSE mix?

serene

Today's breakfast Andy[_15_] General Cooking 41 03-08-2009 03:02 PM
Breakfast today ViLco General Cooking 44 26-07-2009 07:38 PM
breakfast today... rosie[_1_] General Cooking 18 23-05-2009 04:35 PM
today's breakfast Amy Thorne General 3 15-03-2008 11:05 PM
Breakfast today. Mike \Piedmont\ Barbecue 1 12-10-2005 09:42 PM