Old 31-07-2009, 01:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Today's breakfast

Today's breakfast

TJ's pizza Margherita dotted with extra pesto and lots of garlic and crushed
red pepper flakes with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

You?

Andy
--
I'm no longer a danger to society.

Old 31-07-2009, 01:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 31, 7:08*am, Andy wrote:
Today's breakfast

TJ's pizza Margherita dotted with extra pesto and lots of garlic and crushed
red pepper flakes with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

You?

The usual. Home made baked beans, brown rice and ham. With some red
pepper flakes cause I'm out of cayenne.

John Kuthe...

Andy
--
I'm no longer a danger to society.

0
Old 31-07-2009, 01:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

Today's breakfast

TJ's pizza Margherita dotted with extra pesto and lots of garlic and
crushed red pepper flakes with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

You?

I didn't eat breakfast; I was too preoccupied with inflating the post count
in the "Telemarketers" thread.

Bob

Old 31-07-2009, 01:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger said...

Andy wrote:

Today's breakfast

TJ's pizza Margherita dotted with extra pesto and lots of garlic and
crushed red pepper flakes with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

You?

I didn't eat breakfast; I was too preoccupied with inflating the post count
in the "Telemarketers" thread.

Bob

Heh heh heh heh heh!

Andy

Old 31-07-2009, 02:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

Andy wrote:

Today's breakfast

TJ's pizza Margherita dotted with extra pesto and lots of garlic and
crushed red pepper flakes with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

You?

I didn't eat breakfast; I was too preoccupied with inflating the post
count in the "Telemarketers" thread.

Bob

Yeah, me three. However, I'd like to point out that our friend Johnny
has been um, cheating over in that thread. Ever since he decided
to 'keep score', he's been responding to (almost) every post which of
course skews the statistics somewhat...

OBFood: I got to thinking about that 'flavorwave-type' oven I have after
you mentioned it in another thread... so I hauled it out the cupboard
today and dusted it off. (Shit, I forgot how big it is). Anyway, I
decided to compare apples to apples (or in this case chickens to
chickens) so when I went out at lunch time today, I bought a small
chicken (about 2 1/2 lbs - which is the size I usually buy to cook in
my MW). So.... I'm gonna fire up the 'monster' this evening and see if
it will 'roast' a chicken the same way my convection MW does. If the
result doesn't kill me, I let you know how they compare.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Old 31-07-2009, 03:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Flavor wave oven WAS Today's breakfast

ChattyCathy wrote:
snip

OBFood: I got to thinking about that 'flavorwave-type' oven I have after
you mentioned it in another thread... so I hauled it out the cupboard
today and dusted it off. (Shit, I forgot how big it is). Anyway, I
decided to compare apples to apples (or in this case chickens to
chickens) so when I went out at lunch time today, I bought a small
chicken (about 2 1/2 lbs - which is the size I usually buy to cook in
my MW). So.... I'm gonna fire up the 'monster' this evening and see if
it will 'roast' a chicken the same way my convection MW does. If the
result doesn't kill me, I let you know how they compare.

Isn't that the gizmo that is purported to cook meat/poultry from frozen
into some tastalicious result? I vaguely remember seeing a bit of an
infomercial about it and confess to having some impolite thoughts about
it! Do let us know how it works, Cathy!

TammyM who is still lusting after that convection MW!
Old 31-07-2009, 03:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:

Isn't that the gizmo that is purported to cook meat/poultry from
frozen
into some tastalicious result?

Yep - that's the one.

I vaguely remember seeing a bit of an
infomercial about it and confess to having some impolite thoughts
about
it!

Mine doesn't have 'FlavorWave' stamped on it anywhere; mine is
a 'SpeedChef' brand - but when I downloaded the 'FlavorWave'
instruction manual (our of curiosity) from a distributor's website, the
model numbers were amazingly similar lol - and they look pretty much
the same (judging by the pictures/diagrams).

Do let us know how it works, Cathy!

Will do!

TammyM who is still lusting after that convection MW!

more lol

I'd say splurge and buy one - but then I am a tad biased. ;-)

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Old 31-07-2009, 03:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:08:57 -0500, Andy wrote:

Today's breakfast

TJ's pizza Margherita dotted with extra pesto and lots of garlic and
crushed
red pepper flakes with a tall glass of nice cold milk.

You?

Andy

Is that what you found under your bed?

Old 31-07-2009, 03:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:45:43 -0400, "ElmerF." wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:08:57 -0500, Andy wrote:

Today's breakfast

TJ's pizza Margherita dotted with extra pesto and lots of garlic and
crushed
red pepper flakes with a tall glass of nice cold milk.

You?

Andy

Is that what you found under your bed?

No, he found me and Jennifer Anniston, but that's another story

Bad Andy, give me those pics!

Old 31-07-2009, 03:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

ElmerF. said...

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:08:57 -0500, Andy wrote:

Today's breakfast

TJ's pizza Margherita dotted with extra pesto and lots of garlic and
crushed
red pepper flakes with a tall glass of nice cold milk.

You?

Andy

Is that what you found under your bed?

Sure. Yeah.

A steaming hot pizza and a glass of cold milk. Coulda been there for
months.

Fidiot!

Andy
Old 31-07-2009, 04:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"FliedLice" wrote:

I am an idiot sock puppet.

But of course... because the correct nomenclature would be *PuhkFlyLice*.

Old 31-07-2009, 04:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy said...

TammyM who is still lusting after that convection MW!

more lol

I'd say splurge and buy one - but then I am a tad biased. ;-)

I'll add, your mentioning a convection MW piqued my curiosity too. Until just
now, I'd never heard of one.

I looked at some at epinions.com. Lots of reviewers said they hardly use
their regular oven anymore.

My 17+ year old MW is one of my last shreds of 20th century technology. Time
to upgrade.

Andy

Old 31-07-2009, 04:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

I'll add, your mentioning a convection MW piqued my curiosity too.
Until just now, I'd never heard of one.

I looked at some at epinions.com. Lots of reviewers said they hardly
use their regular oven anymore.

My 17+ year old MW is one of my last shreds of 20th century
technology. Time to upgrade.

I you feel so inclined - Goferit! I like mine - but as I said before,
I'm biased...

FWIW, my son still has my old 'nuker' - I bought it in the late '80s
('87-'89 - but I can't be sure) and it's still going strong.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Old 31-07-2009, 04:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
TammyM wrote:

TammyM who is still lusting after that convection MW!

more lol

I'd say splurge and buy one - but then I am a tad biased. ;-)

Would that I could! My salary was just cut (California's in HUGE
financial doo doo) - only absolutely necessary expenditures right now
for me. When my 20+ year old MW croaks, I'll look into it though :-)

TammyM

Breakfast today ViLco General Cooking 44 26-07-2009 07:38 PM
breakfast today... rosie[_1_] General Cooking 18 23-05-2009 04:35 PM
today's breakfast Amy Thorne General 3 15-03-2008 11:05 PM
Today's Breakfast Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 13 06-01-2006 10:00 PM
Breakfast today. Mike \Piedmont\ Barbecue 1 12-10-2005 09:42 PM