Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

Default Honeysuckle White (turkey)???

Only since today I've been seeing TV commercials about this white meat
turkey offering. Not sure if it's processed or real turkey breast only.
Nevertheless, first I've heard of it and at this stage of the game, it's a
little late to start an advertising blitz.

Imho,

--
Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Seamus

Andy wrote:
> Only since today I've been seeing TV commercials about this white meat
> turkey offering. Not sure if it's processed or real turkey breast only.
> Nevertheless, first I've heard of it and at this stage of the game, it's a
> little late to start an advertising blitz.
>
> Imho,
>
> --
> Andy

Just turkeys bred for larger breasts, a continuation of the trend that
began with the domestication of the wild turkey (still available at
your favorite liqour store or neighborhood bar :-) )

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dawn

Andy wrote:

> Only since today I've been seeing TV commercials about this white meat
> turkey offering. Not sure if it's processed or real turkey breast only.
> Nevertheless, first I've heard of it and at this stage of the game, it's a
> little late to start an advertising blitz.

It's been in stores in my area for nearly a year. It's real turkey, and
I find I like it. They offer a variety of cuts and products, their
breakfast links are my favorite. It must be a popular brand around here,
because it sells out regularly. One store stocks twice a week, and that
means the other 5 days there's a big empty spot in the meat case.

Dawn

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ranee Mueller

In article >, Andy <q>
wrote:

> Only since today I've been seeing TV commercials about this white meat
> turkey offering. Not sure if it's processed or real turkey breast only.
> Nevertheless, first I've heard of it and at this stage of the game, it's a
> little late to start an advertising blitz.

I haven't heard of this. I thought Honeysuckle White was the name of
the brand.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Glitter Ninja

Andy <q> writes:

>Only since today I've been seeing TV commercials about this white meat
>turkey offering. Not sure if it's processed or real turkey breast only.
>Nevertheless, first I've heard of it and at this stage of the game, it's a
>little late to start an advertising blitz.

Not sure what commercials you mean, but, when I got a turkey last
Sunday, the store had Honeysuckle White "turkey breast". I read the
label and it was essentially a whole turkey with the legs, wings, and
back 1/3 removed. It had breast, ribs, and some of the back, I presume
to hold it all together.
If they have it at other times of the year I might try one, just for
my husband, who won't eat anything from the turkey except breast meat.

Stacia

Posted to rec.food.cooking
tuppy

"Andy" <q> wrote in message
.. .
> Only since today I've been seeing TV commercials about this white meat
> turkey offering. Not sure if it's processed or real turkey breast only.
> Nevertheless, first I've heard of it and at this stage of the game, it's a
> little late to start an advertising blitz.
>
> Imho,
>
> --
> Andy

Honeysuckle White turkeys are the premium line of Cargill's turkey offering.
I guess that means they inject them with a higher quality of saline
solution.

Rand

Need white meat turkey help Todd Diabetic 3 20-04-2013 10:59 PM
Honeysuckle Paul E. Lehmann Winemaking 2 11-07-2008 10:47 AM
preserve honeysuckle flowers? DK1000 Preserving 0 11-06-2008 06:17 AM
Black and White Turkey Chili Rusty[_1_] Recipes (moderated) 0 01-06-2008 02:44 PM
Recipes for dry white turkey meat Joelle General Cooking 4 03-12-2004 05:19 AM