Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel

Default The Power of Suggestion

Crash and I both had doctor's appointments today. While waiting for
Crash's doctor to make his grand entrance into the exam room, I was
looking at a poster that was hung on the door. Showed the liver,
stomach, and small intestine.

I told Crash, "Boy, that makes me hungry for liver!" When we were done
with our medical stuff, we went right to the store and bought a pound
of liver. Which I'll probably have to cook and eat in the driveway.
With a side of fava beans.

Damsel Lechter

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com>,
"Damsel" > wrote:

> Crash and I both had doctor's appointments today. While waiting for
> Crash's doctor to make his grand entrance into the exam room, I was
> looking at a poster that was hung on the door. Showed the liver,
> stomach, and small intestine.
>
> I told Crash, "Boy, that makes me hungry for liver!" When we were done
> with our medical stuff, we went right to the store and bought a pound
> of liver. Which I'll probably have to cook and eat in the driveway.
> With a side of fava beans.
>
> Damsel Lechter

Don't forget the fine Chianti....... ;-)
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article .com>,
> "Damsel" > wrote:
>
> > Crash and I both had doctor's appointments today. While waiting for
> > Crash's doctor to make his grand entrance into the exam room, I was
> > looking at a poster that was hung on the door. Showed the liver,
> > stomach, and small intestine.
> >
> > I told Crash, "Boy, that makes me hungry for liver!" When we were done
> > with our medical stuff, we went right to the store and bought a pound
> > of liver. Which I'll probably have to cook and eat in the driveway.
> > With a side of fava beans.
> >
> > Damsel Lechter
> >

> Don't forget the fine Chianti....... ;-)

Was that part of the movie too? I don't watch anything scary. I just
know the little I've heard. But Chianti is cool. When you finish
drinking it, you can stick a candle in the bottle and eat spaghetti.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article . com>,
"Damsel" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article .com>,
> > "Damsel" > wrote:
> >
> > > Crash and I both had doctor's appointments today. While waiting for
> > > Crash's doctor to make his grand entrance into the exam room, I was
> > > looking at a poster that was hung on the door. Showed the liver,
> > > stomach, and small intestine.
> > >
> > > I told Crash, "Boy, that makes me hungry for liver!" When we were done
> > > with our medical stuff, we went right to the store and bought a pound
> > > of liver. Which I'll probably have to cook and eat in the driveway.
> > > With a side of fava beans.
> > >
> > > Damsel Lechter
> > >

> > Don't forget the fine Chianti....... ;-)

> Was that part of the movie too? I don't watch anything scary. I just
> know the little I've heard. But Chianti is cool. When you finish
> drinking it, you can stick a candle in the bottle and eat spaghetti.
>
> Carol

Yes, I only watched it once and did not see the whole thing, but I do
remember that quote:

"I ate his liver with fava beans and a fine chianti".

Cheers!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Denny Wheeler

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:09:42 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>Yes, I only watched it once and did not see the whole thing, but I do
>remember that quote:
>
>"I ate his liver with fava beans and a fine chianti".

I believe it's 'some fava beans and a nice Chianti.'

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ward Abbott

On 31 Oct 2005 19:17:38 -0800, "Damsel" >
wrote:

> When you finish
>drinking it, you can stick a candle in the bottle and eat spaghetti.

I would look for a better class of Chianti,,,there are some fine ones
that don't come with the wicker and screw cap.

Here are a few to start with...

Castello di Monastero Castello di Monastero
Castello di Tornano 2000 Castello di Tornano
Castello di Uzzano Riserva Castello di Uzzano
Castello di Verrazzano Castello di Verrazzano
Castello Il Palagio Castello Il Palagio
Castelvecchi Castelvecchi
CELLOLE 2002 San Fabiano Calcinaia
Cennatoio Etichetta Oro Cennatoio Inter Vineas
CEPPETO Mannucci Droandi
Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva Le Baroncole San Giusto a Rentennano
Chianti Classico Riserva Il Molino di Grace
Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG 1999 Carpineto
Chianti Classico Riserva Docg Montemaggio Montemaggio
Chianti Classico Riserva IL MARGONE Il Molino di Grace
Collelungo Collelungo
Concadoro Concadoro
DellaVilla Il Campaccio
Doccio a Matteo Caparsa
Don Vincenzo Casaloste
Fattoria di Cinciano Fattoria di Cinciano
Fattoria di Corsignano Fattoria di Corsignano
Fattoria di Montecchio Fattoria di Montecchio
Fattoria di Petroio Fattoria di Petroio
Fattoria la Mandria La Mandria
Fattoria Poggiarello Fattoria Poggiarello
Granduca Ferdinando III Villa La Pagliaia
Il Borgo Belvedere di San Leonino
Il Grigio da San Felice San Felice
Il Rotone Il Mandorlo
La Castellina

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Ward Abbott wrote:
> On 31 Oct 2005 19:17:38 -0800, "Damsel" >
> wrote:
>

>> When you finish
>>drinking it, you can stick a candle in the bottle and eat spaghetti.

> I would look for a better class of Chianti,,,there are some fine ones
> that don't come with the wicker and screw cap.
>
> Here are a few to start with...

I have not seen any Chianti bottles with those big bellies and the
wicker dresses for many years now. All the wine stores show are
bottles such as Ruffino or Antonori Chianti Classico and most are
quite good. And expensive. (

I miss those old bottles. You could not drink the wine, but the
bottles made great candle holders. )
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"Damsel" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Crash and I both had doctor's appointments today. While waiting for
> Crash's doctor to make his grand entrance into the exam room, I was
> looking at a poster that was hung on the door. Showed the liver,
> stomach, and small intestine.
>
> I told Crash, "Boy, that makes me hungry for liver!" When we were
> done
> with our medical stuff, we went right to the store and bought a pound
> of liver. Which I'll probably have to cook and eat in the driveway.
> With a side of fava beans.
>
> Damsel Lechter

ROFL.... wonderful)))))))))))))

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel

Ward Abbott wrote:

> On 31 Oct 2005 19:17:38 -0800, "Damsel" >
> wrote:
> >When you finish
> >drinking it, you can stick a candle in the bottle and eat spaghetti.

> I would look for a better class of Chianti,,,there are some fine ones
> that don't come with the wicker and screw cap.

We rarely drink wine. Mostly, I just use it as an ingredient. It's
not a good idea to give me a regular bottle of wine and a corkscrew.
You can put an eye out with one of those things. And my guests object
to having little pieces of cork floating around in their glasses.

> Here are a few to start with...
>
> Castello di Monastero Castello di Monastero
> Castello di Tornano 2000 Castello di Tornano
> Castello di Uzzano Riserva Castello di Uzzano
> Castello di Verrazzano Castello di Verrazzano
> Castello Il Palagio Castello Il Palagio
> Castelvecchi Castelvecchi
> CELLOLE 2002 San Fabiano Calcinaia
> Cennatoio Etichetta Oro Cennatoio Inter Vineas
> CEPPETO Mannucci Droandi
> Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva Le Baroncole San Giusto a Rentennano
> Chianti Classico Riserva Il Molino di Grace
> Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG 1999 Carpineto
> Chianti Classico Riserva Docg Montemaggio Montemaggio
> Chianti Classico Riserva IL MARGONE Il Molino di Grace
> Collelungo Collelungo
> Concadoro Concadoro
> DellaVilla Il Campaccio
> Doccio a Matteo Caparsa
> Don Vincenzo Casaloste
> Fattoria di Cinciano Fattoria di Cinciano
> Fattoria di Corsignano Fattoria di Corsignano
> Fattoria di Montecchio Fattoria di Montecchio
> Fattoria di Petroio Fattoria di Petroio
> Fattoria la Mandria La Mandria
> Fattoria Poggiarello Fattoria Poggiarello
> Granduca Ferdinando III Villa La Pagliaia
> Il Borgo Belvedere di San Leonino
> Il Grigio da San Felice San Felice
> Il Rotone Il Mandorlo
> La Castellina

Wow! That's a lot of wine!

Thank you,
Carol (hic!)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dean G.

Who says you need a wicker cover to put a candle in it ?

It works nearly as well with a regular wine bottle, trust me.

Dean

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com>,
"Dean G." > wrote:

> Who says you need a wicker cover to put a candle in it ?
>
> It works nearly as well with a regular wine bottle, trust me.
>
> Dean

Of course it works, but it's not as pretty. :-)
--
Om.