BOZO

Default N. O.'s Cade du Monde reopens!

I've never been there, but I saw on Fox News where it has now reopened
and to coffee lovers that is great news! Man, the news footage of the
French Beignets, with all that powdered sugar, sure look good and to
have a great cup of coffee, well, that would be Heaven! I hope someday
to visit that place.

Btw, they posted a very nice notice to both the public and their
employees, where ever they may be. If you can to read it, go he

http://www.cafedumonde.com/

Bozo
Dee Randall

"BOZO" > wrote in message
> I've never been there, but I saw on Fox News where it has now reopened
> and to coffee lovers that is great news! Man, the news footage of the
> French Beignets, with all that powdered sugar, sure look good and to
> have a great cup of coffee, well, that would be Heaven! I hope someday
> to visit that place.
>
> Btw, they posted a very nice notice to both the public and their
> employees, where ever they may be. If you can to read it, go he
>
> http://www.cafedumonde.com/
>
> Bozo

My DH yesterday bought a can of Cafe du Monde in their honor. We haven't
done that in a long time. I told him if he'd open that fryer that I bought
oh so long ago, that I'd make him some Beignets.
But right now, we just found out that we have a horrendous leak under the
sink. He's on his hands and knees.
Dee Dee

Carol Garbo

The Cafe du Monde is one of my favorite places; great to hear that it's
open again! Carol

Our life may not always be the party we would have chosen, but while we
are here, we may as well dance!

BOZO

>My DH yesterday bought a can of Cafe du Monde in their honor.

Is it possible to duplicate or even come close to making Cafe du Monde
coffee in cans for home taste anything like what you get in the
restaurant?

A friend brought me a can home to Toledo one time and I could not make
anything that tasted good with it. I ended up throwing away most of
the can, but now I am wondering if I should have tried something else.

Anyone who has made it at home, can you tell me the proper way to do
it and if it is worth the trouble to get another can or should I just
pray that one day I can make it there in person? Also, doesn't Chock
Full of Nuts have chicory and if so, how close is it to the CDM
brand??

Bozo
Dee Randall

"BOZO" > wrote in message

>>My DH yesterday bought a can of Cafe du Monde in their honor.

> Is it possible to duplicate or even come close to making Cafe du Monde
> coffee in cans for home taste anything like what you get in the
> restaurant?
>
> A friend brought me a can home to Toledo one time and I could not make
> anything that tasted good with it. I ended up throwing away most of
> the can, but now I am wondering if I should have tried something else.
>
> Anyone who has made it at home, can you tell me the proper way to do
> it and if it is worth the trouble to get another can or should I just
> pray that one day I can make it there in person? Also, doesn't Chock
> Full of Nuts have chicory and if so, how close is it to the CDM
> brand??
>
> Bozo

Dear Bozo,
Choc-a-nuts tastes the same to me as Cafe du Monde. I don't buy it, but DH
will buy it if he has something quirky going on inside the head that day.
If I drink it, I make it STRONG, then add plenty of milk. Cinnamon and
cocoa might help. It's not a coffee I want to serve often. And I wouldn't
drink it without a tidbit (like beignets) to go along with it.
Dee Dee

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 22 Oct 2005 08:39:00p, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "BOZO" > wrote in message
>>

>>>My DH yesterday bought a can of Cafe du Monde in their honor.

>> Is it possible to duplicate or even come close to making Cafe du Monde
>> coffee in cans for home taste anything like what you get in the
>> restaurant?
>>
>> A friend brought me a can home to Toledo one time and I could not make
>> anything that tasted good with it. I ended up throwing away most of
>> the can, but now I am wondering if I should have tried something else.
>>
>> Anyone who has made it at home, can you tell me the proper way to do
>> it and if it is worth the trouble to get another can or should I just
>> pray that one day I can make it there in person? Also, doesn't Chock
>> Full of Nuts have chicory and if so, how close is it to the CDM
>> brand??
>>
>> Bozo

> Dear Bozo,
> Choc-a-nuts tastes the same to me as Cafe du Monde. I don't buy it, but
> DH will buy it if he has something quirky going on inside the head that
> day. If I drink it, I make it STRONG, then add plenty of milk. Cinnamon
> and cocoa might help. It's not a coffee I want to serve often. And I
> wouldn't drink it without a tidbit (like beignets) to go along with it.
> Dee Dee

Ah, beignets! Isn't that the point? :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
_____________________________

http://tinypic.com/eikz78.jpg

Meet Mr. Bailey
Dee Randall

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>>> Is it possible to duplicate or even come close to making Cafe du Monde
>>> coffee in cans for home taste anything like what you get in the
>>> restaurant?
>>>
>>> A friend brought me a can home to Toledo one time and I could not make
>>> anything that tasted good with it. I ended up throwing away most of
>>> the can, but now I am wondering if I should have tried something else.
>>>
>>> Anyone who has made it at home, can you tell me the proper way to do
>>> it and if it is worth the trouble to get another can or should I just
>>> pray that one day I can make it there in person? Also, doesn't Chock
>>> Full of Nuts have chicory and if so, how close is it to the CDM
>>> brand??
>>>
>>> Bozo

>> Dear Bozo,
>> Choc-a-nuts tastes the same to me as Cafe du Monde. I don't buy it, but
>> DH will buy it if he has something quirky going on inside the head that
>> day. If I drink it, I make it STRONG, then add plenty of milk. Cinnamon
>> and cocoa might help. It's not a coffee I want to serve often. And I
>> wouldn't drink it without a tidbit (like beignets) to go along with it.
>> Dee Dee

> Ah, beignets! Isn't that the point? :-)
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*