Andy

Default Life List Events

Sunday I was out at the park participating in the fall hawk migration
count. Between bald eagles, I saw a woman pushing her son on a bicycle.
I realized it the instant I saw it. She had removed the training wheels
and was teaching him to ride on two wheels!!! Now who of you don't
remember taking flight on two wheels???

He kept spilling and the ground provided a soft cushion so he kept at
it.

Through my binocs, I saw something that made me approach them. When his
mother was getting the bike steady, pushing from behind, I said "Look
ahead, not down!"

And like magic, that kid cycled for about 100 feet. All the hawkwatch
members applauded and I got a high five from his mom!

Short of getting your driver's license, to a 4 year old, that's freedom!

Another life list event for him AND me.

Andy
The Joneses

Andy wrote:

> Sunday I was out at the park participating in the fall hawk migration
> count. Between bald eagles, I saw a woman pushing her son on a bicycle.
> I realized it the instant I saw it. She had removed the training wheels
> and was teaching him to ride on two wheels!!! Now who of you don't
> remember taking flight on two wheels???
> He kept spilling and the ground provided a soft cushion so he kept at
> it.
> Through my binocs, I saw something that made me approach them. When his
> mother was getting the bike steady, pushing from behind, I said "Look
> ahead, not down!"
> And like magic, that kid cycled for about 100 feet. All the hawkwatch
> members applauded and I got a high five from his mom!
> Short of getting your driver's license, to a 4 year old, that's freedom!
> Another life list event for him AND me.
> Andy

Great story. Not all strangers are wacko.
I recently dragged one of my nieces out for an all-girl, all-day mall
shopathon for school clothes. As we stopped to rest for lunch, she confided:
"I can't wait 'til I'm an aunty and can take my niece shopping." Seven
hours were never better spent. And spent. And spent.
Edrena

Andy

The Joneses wrote:

> Great story. Not all strangers are wacko.
> I recently dragged one of my nieces out for an all-girl, all-day mall
> shopathon for school clothes. As we stopped to rest for lunch, she
> confided: "I can't wait 'til I'm an aunty and can take my niece
> shopping." Seven hours were never better spent. And spent. And spent.
> Edrena

Edrena,

Kids say the darndest things! Too cute!

All the best,

Andy
Dee Randall

"Andy" <q> wrote in message
.. .
> The Joneses wrote:
>
>> Great story. Not all strangers are wacko.
>> I recently dragged one of my nieces out for an all-girl, all-day mall
>> shopathon for school clothes. As we stopped to rest for lunch, she
>> confided: "I can't wait 'til I'm an aunty and can take my niece
>> shopping." Seven hours were never better spent. And spent. And spent.
>> Edrena

> Edrena,
>
> Kids say the darndest things! Too cute!

Along the same line, I was recalling this yesterday to my DH when we were
talking about Sears catalogs. My brother and I used to sit leafing thru it
and he would always point to something and say, "I want this for my wife
when I grow up." I can't recall him saying "I want this or that (for
myself)."
Dee Dee

Chris

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> Along the same line, I was recalling this yesterday to my DH when we
> were talking about Sears catalogs. My brother and I used to sit
> leafing thru it and he would always point to something and say, "I
> want this for my wife when I grow up." I can't recall him saying "I
> want this or that (for myself)."
> Dee Dee

Was he looking at lingerie? ;-) Sexy stuff in those old Sears
catalogs!!

Cute story, though. My kids do that when we leaf through catalogs
together..."This dress would look pretty on you, Mommy." (They do want
plenty for themselves, though.)

Andy, as if watching the bald eagles was not enough of a life list
event, you inspired that young man to greatness. He could be the next
Lance Armstrong!

Edrena, what a sweet thing for your niece to say! I'm sure it was a
treat for her; somehow, a special aunt can make any hum-drum day of
errands exiting!

Chris

Dee Randall

"Chris" > wrote in message

> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
>>
>> Along the same line, I was recalling this yesterday to my DH when we were
>> talking about Sears catalogs. My brother and I used to sit leafing thru
>> it and he would always point to something and say, "I want this for my
>> wife when I grow up." I can't recall him saying "I want this or that
>> (for myself)."
>> Dee Dee

> Was he looking at lingerie? ;-) Sexy stuff in those old Sears
> catalogs!!

Tee hee -- perhaps he was! Thinking back, I think there probably was a lot
of bras and 'corsets.'
Dee Dee

Vilco

Mi e' parso che Dee Randall abbia scritto:

>> Was he looking at lingerie? ;-) Sexy stuff in those
>> old Sears catalogs!!

> Tee hee -- perhaps he was! Thinking back, I think there
> probably was a lot of bras and 'corsets.'

Lil' boys don't look at lingerie, they look at what's inside it

--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'