The Joneses

Andy wrote:

> Sunday I was out at the park participating in the fall hawk migration
> count. Between bald eagles, I saw a woman pushing her son on a bicycle.
> I realized it the instant I saw it. She had removed the training wheels
> and was teaching him to ride on two wheels!!! Now who of you don't
> remember taking flight on two wheels???
> He kept spilling and the ground provided a soft cushion so he kept at
> it.
> Through my binocs, I saw something that made me approach them. When his
> mother was getting the bike steady, pushing from behind, I said "Look
> ahead, not down!"
> And like magic, that kid cycled for about 100 feet. All the hawkwatch
> members applauded and I got a high five from his mom!
> Short of getting your driver's license, to a 4 year old, that's freedom!
> Another life list event for him AND me.
> Andy

Great story. Not all strangers are wacko.
I recently dragged one of my nieces out for an all-girl, all-day mall
shopathon for school clothes. As we stopped to rest for lunch, she confided:
"I can't wait 'til I'm an aunty and can take my niece shopping." Seven
hours were never better spent. And spent. And spent.
Edrena