Old 02-09-2005, 02:55 AM
jmcquown

Default Fats Domino

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

Jill
--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

Old 02-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Melba's Jammin'

In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

Jill

Didn't look at the link; I heard they got him; wife and daughter are
still missing. I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill. :-)
--
-Barb, http://www.jamlady.eboard.com Several notes since 8/18/05,
including the Blue Ribbon Brownie Recipe and a sad note added
Old 02-09-2005, 02:47 PM
jmcquown

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

Jill

Didn't look at the link; I heard they got him; wife and daughter are
still missing. I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill. :-)

Gotta love blueberries!

Old 02-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Nancy1

jmcquown wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

Jill
--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

I think he should be ashamed of himself taking precious rescue
resources away from less fortunate people - he could well have afforded
to evacuate, which was MANDATORY, and he should have done so.

N.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Dee Randall

"Nancy1" wrote in message
oups.com...

jmcquown wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

Jill
--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

I think he should be ashamed of himself taking precious rescue
resources away from less fortunate people - he could well have afforded
to evacuate, which was MANDATORY, and he should have done so.

N.

Perhaps his circumstance in life is not now as it was. Do we know?
Dee Dee

Old 02-09-2005, 06:03 PM
jmcquown

Nancy1 wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

Jill
--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

I think he should be ashamed of himself taking precious rescue
resources away from less fortunate people - he could well have
afforded
to evacuate, which was MANDATORY, and he should have done so.

N.

How do any of us know how much money this guy has? His hit songs were,
after all, hits 35 years ago, not last week. Maybe like many a musician he
squandered his money away. Somehow, I can't picture Fats investing it
T-Bills, but maybe it's just me.

Jill

Old 02-09-2005, 06:39 PM
cathyxyz

jmcquown wrote:

How do any of us know how much money this guy has? His hit songs were,
after all, hits 35 years ago, not last week. Maybe like many a musician he
squandered his money away. Somehow, I can't picture Fats investing it
T-Bills, but maybe it's just me.

Jill

Ain't that a shame?

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
Old 02-09-2005, 06:49 PM
jmcquown

cathyxyz wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

How do any of us know how much money this guy has? His hit songs
were, after all, hits 35 years ago, not last week. Maybe like many
a musician he squandered his money away. Somehow, I can't picture
Fats investing it T-Bills, but maybe it's just me.

Jill

Ain't that a shame?

ROFL! You just had to say that, didn't you!

Old 02-09-2005, 10:39 PM
bull moose

No matter... He is the fat man and MY hero....

Bull Moose

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:49:39 -0500, "jmcquown"

Old 02-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Nancy1

jmcquown wrote:
Nancy1 wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

Jill
--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

I think he should be ashamed of himself taking precious rescue
resources away from less fortunate people - he could well have
afforded
to evacuate, which was MANDATORY, and he should have done so.

N.

How do any of us know how much money this guy has? His hit songs were,
after all, hits 35 years ago, not last week. Maybe like many a musician he
squandered his money away. Somehow, I can't picture Fats investing it
T-Bills, but maybe it's just me.

Jill

I dunno, but he didn't look destitute when he was being helped into the
rescue boat - from what I read, some of his family (who DID evacuate)
tried to get him to leave, but he didn't want to. He wanted to stay
right there and "ride it out."

N.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:10 AM
jmcquown

Nancy1 wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Nancy1 wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

There's always that mind-set, N. Hurricane Parties and all that crap. I
don't feel sorry for anyone who could evacuate but chooses not to.

Jill

Old 03-09-2005, 04:38 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

"jmcquown" wrote in message

There's always that mind-set, N. Hurricane Parties and all that crap. I
don't feel sorry for anyone who could evacuate but chooses not to.

Jill

Agree. They should make them buy a $5000 ticket for the rescue boat.

Old 03-09-2005, 05:43 AM
kevin

Nancy1 wrote:

snip

I dunno, but he didn't look destitute when he was being helped into the
rescue boat - from what I read, some of his family (who DID evacuate)
tried to get him to leave, but he didn't want to. He wanted to stay
right there and "ride it out."

Not sure what your definition of "destitute" is - I saw a picture -
maybe the same one you saw. I wouldn't say he looked affluent. I don't
know if he's rich, poor or in between - and neither do you. All blabber
based on emotion and no facts. Maybe he's just older and a bit - umm,
eccentric.

Old 03-09-2005, 05:59 AM
BONIE BERGHEGER

how true

Old 03-09-2005, 07:54 AM
ntantiques

kevin wrote:
Nancy1 wrote:

snip

I dunno, but he didn't look destitute when he was being helped into the
rescue boat - from what I read, some of his family (who DID evacuate)
tried to get him to leave, but he didn't want to. He wanted to stay
right there and "ride it out."

Not sure what your definition of "destitute" is - I saw a picture -
maybe the same one you saw. I wouldn't say he looked affluent. I don't
know if he's rich, poor or in between - and neither do you. All blabber
based on emotion and no facts. Maybe he's just older and a bit - umm,
eccentric.

From what I read Fats is 78 and lived in a 3 story house he'd owned for

a long time. He may have rationalized - as did many foolish people -
that a home that had survived other storms would withstand Katrina. As
my Dad got older, he got more, shall we say...determined. That may have
been the case with Fats and at any rate I'm glad they found him.

NT