Paull

Default Cleaning Stainless Steel Pans - HELP!

My new stainless steel pan is so hard to keep clean. Both inside and out.
Is there an easy way to clean it? I'm using an abrasive cleanser with a
soft scouring pad. Lots of elbow grease involved.

--
Paull
Contact me at: m e r l e t w e b AT y a h o o . c o m
Sam D.

"Paull" > wrote in message
> My new stainless steel pan is so hard to keep clean. Both inside and out.
> Is there an easy way to clean it? I'm using an abrasive cleanser with a
> soft scouring pad. Lots of elbow grease involved.

I just use Bon Ami for stainless cookware but seldom encounter anything very
challenging. Revere Ware recommends Zud. I never used it at home but I've
used it on stainless steel hardware on my boat and it works well. FoodNews
radio host Melinda Lee has recommended Barkeepers Friend for cleaning
stainless and copper. For heavy duty burnt-on carbon and grease, you might
try Carbon Kleen http://www.diablo-products.com/default.htm

leo

"Paull" > wrote in message
> My new stainless steel pan is so hard to keep clean. Both inside and out.
> Is there an easy way to clean it? I'm using an abrasive cleanser with a
> soft scouring pad. Lots of elbow grease involved.

Try Barkeepers Friend.

leo

Vox Humana

"leo" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Paull" > wrote in message
> > My new stainless steel pan is so hard to keep clean. Both inside and

out.
> > Is there an easy way to clean it? I'm using an abrasive cleanser with a
> > soft scouring pad. Lots of elbow grease involved.

> Try Barkeepers Friend.

I use heavy duty oven cleaner.

Mary

I generally don't have problems with mine, but once in a while I soak
a pan overnight filled with hot water and about a tablespoon of
powdered dishwasher detergent -- soaks out anything!

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message >...
> "leo" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > "Paull" > wrote in message
> > > My new stainless steel pan is so hard to keep clean. Both inside and

> out.
> > > Is there an easy way to clean it? I'm using an abrasive cleanser with a
> > > soft scouring pad. Lots of elbow grease involved.

> > Try Barkeepers Friend.
> >

> I use heavy duty oven cleaner.

Raels

"Paull" > wrote in message
> My new stainless steel pan is so hard to keep clean. Both inside and out.
> Is there an easy way to clean it? I'm using an abrasive cleanser with a
> soft scouring pad. Lots of elbow grease involved.
> --
> Paull

I'd recently read about not using any scouring pad, etc as it'll scratch you
SS.

Try using Vingear.

Raelene
xxx

PENMART01

>"Raels" claims:
>
>"Paull" wrote:
>> My new stainless steel pan is so hard to keep clean. Both inside and out.
>> Is there an easy way to clean it? I'm using an abrasive cleanser with a
>> soft scouring pad. Lots of elbow grease involved.

>I'd recently read about not using any scouring pad, etc as it'll scratch you
>SS.

Any? Some will, some won't.

>Try using Vingear.

5% vinegar is too acetic and when used repeatedly will noticeably and
permanently etch stainless steel cookware.

For stuck-on food I use copper sponges (aka copper wire scouring pads) on all
my cookware as needed... copper sponges are easy to keep clean, they don't
stink, they don't rust, and they last a long time.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Paull

On 5-Feb-2004, "Vox Humana" > wrote:

> "leo" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > "Paull" > wrote in message
> > > My new stainless steel pan is so hard to keep clean. Both inside and

> out.
> > > Is there an easy way to clean it? I'm using an abrasive cleanser with
> > > soft scouring pad. Lots of elbow grease involved.

> > Try Barkeepers Friend.
> >

> I use heavy duty oven cleaner.

I can't find Barkeepers Friend so I'll try the over cleaner. I have problems
removing the brown/yellowish stain on the outside of the pan and dark
burnt stuff on the inside.

Thanks!