Dimitri

Default Cold stone creamery.

Well I know I shouldn't have but I just had to show a co-worker how they can mix
what ever you want. So had a small Strawberry with strawberries. Damn now I
need to drink a gallon or water. Dows sweet make you thirsty too?

Dimitri

Teri

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
.. .
> Well I know I shouldn't have but I just had to show a co-worker how they

can mix
> what ever you want. So had a small Strawberry with strawberries. Damn

now I
> need to drink a gallon or water. Dows sweet make you thirsty too?
>
> Dimitri

Coldstone reminded me of the old Steve's ice cream. Way overpriced for ok
ice cream ....
Teri

> Coldstone reminded me of the old Steve's ice cream. Way overpriced for ok
> ice cream ....
> Teri

So I'm not the only one who thinks so? My wife was raving about this
place for weeks, I finally obliged and went with her one day. I was
really not impressed. Our son loved it, but he is hardly a discerning
critic,which isnt' all bad at this stage.

But then, I am hardly ever impressed with most "chain" food. Most of
it is ok to slightly above average, but the "good" stuff is always at
the little out of the way places.

JW

Dee Randall

> wrote in message
ps.com...
>> Coldstone reminded me of the old Steve's ice cream. Way overpriced for ok
>> ice cream ....
>> Teri
>> >

> So I'm not the only one who thinks so? My wife was raving about this
> place for weeks, I finally obliged and went with her one day. I was
> really not impressed. Our son loved it, but he is hardly a discerning
> critic,which isnt' all bad at this stage.
>
> But then, I am hardly ever impressed with most "chain" food. Most of
> it is ok to slightly above average, but the "good" stuff is always at
> the little out of the way places.
>
> JW

I think the novelty of mixing on a cold slab is the com'on. I've been there
perhaps 4 times and each time they look at me like I've not been out into
civilization for some time while saying, "You've not been here before,
right?" or something to that effect/affect after I ask about this or that on
the menu, and I can tell they probably think they've got the latest
innovation in ice cream cones. The ice cream isn't bad, but the last time
I went, I said that it was the last time -- I'm too darned fickle for my own
good. Meanwhile, waiting for the next 'new game in town.'
Dee Dee

*JimH*

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
.. .
> Well I know I shouldn't have but I just had to show a co-worker how they
> can mix what ever you want. So had a small Strawberry with strawberries.
> Damn now I need to drink a gallon or water. Dows sweet make you thirsty
> too?
>
> Dimitri

This could be a sign of Type 2 diabetes.

When you eat a lot of sweets are you finding that you cannot quench your
thirst and urinate often?

If so you better get to your doctor and be tested for it.

Curly Sue

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:50:21 GMT, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>Well I know I shouldn't have but I just had to show a co-worker how they can mix
>what ever you want. So had a small Strawberry with strawberries. Damn now I
>need to drink a gallon or water. Dows sweet make you thirsty too?
>
>Dimitri

No. Jim H. has a very good point!

I avoid the place because although I think it's fine ice cream, I
can't afford the calories

Speaking of calories and ice cream, the Edy's Slow-Churned ice cream
is much better than most lite ones.

Sue(tm)
Dimitri

"*JimH*" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Well I know I shouldn't have but I just had to show a co-worker how they can
>> mix what ever you want. So had a small Strawberry with strawberries. Damn
>> now I need to drink a gallon or water. Dows sweet make you thirsty too?
>>
>> Dimitri
>>

> This could be a sign of Type 2 diabetes.
>
> When you eat a lot of sweets are you finding that you cannot quench your
> thirst and urinate often?
>
> If so you better get to your doctor and be tested for it.

Thanks for the concern by blood sugar is well in range - I actually seldom eat
real sugar. The water is to change the super sweet taste. I may be strange but
sweets and Beer make me thirsty for water. My normal range is about 80.

And you are right - is you can't pass a drinking fountain or a urinal go get
tested - also some pretty big mood swings as well.

Dimitri

sf

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:43:57 -0400, Teri wrote:

> Another horrid thing about the place is the 'sizes' - I way prefer small,
> medium and large over fancy schmancy pretentious Ventis or Gotta Love Its.
> ARGH! I sometimes think it's a ploy to make the consumer sound like an
> idiot.

No kidding? It sounds like they and Starbucks used the same person
when it came to naming sizes... Tall, Grande, Venti??? Whaaaazat?
Give me small, medium and large - then I can figure it out. I found
out that Venti is 20 oz.... it makes sense - if you're Italian. LOL!

> And don't even get me started on the singing for a tip thing :-)

For real? How degrading for the employees!

Obviously I've never been to a Cold Stone, but if I ever get a
hankering for ice-cream, there is a Rite Aide nearby which carries the
old Thrify ice creams (good stuff) and if I want to travel across
town, there's Swenson's.

They have one here in Branson. I avoid it like the plague. First of
all it is way too expensive and frankly, I like plain old chocolate ice
cream and don't have to eat a pint at a time to enjoy it. One scoop is
fine for me, thank you. Gimme a good old-fashioned ice cream place any
day. By the way, in Branson that would be the Station Cafe next to Jim
Stafford - just in case you are interested.

chula

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 01 Aug 2005 06:06:12p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:43:57 -0400, Teri wrote:
>
>> Another horrid thing about the place is the 'sizes' - I way prefer
>> small, medium and large over fancy schmancy pretentious Ventis or
>> Gotta Love Its. ARGH! I sometimes think it's a ploy to make the
>> consumer sound like an idiot.

> No kidding? It sounds like they and Starbucks used the same person
> when it came to naming sizes... Tall, Grande, Venti??? Whaaaazat?
> Give me small, medium and large - then I can figure it out. I found
> out that Venti is 20 oz.... it makes sense - if you're Italian. LOL!
>
>> And don't even get me started on the singing for a tip thing :-)

> For real? How degrading for the employees!
>
> Obviously I've never been to a Cold Stone, but if I ever get a
> hankering for ice-cream, there is a Rite Aide nearby which carries the
> old Thrify ice creams (good stuff) and if I want to travel across
> town, there's Swenson's.

When we first moved to AZ, I kept noticing COld Stone stores at the
various malls we shopped at, but didn't actually go to one for a couple of
years. It was great disappointment!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0531-0, 08/01/2005
Tested on: 8/1/2005 6:22:24 PM

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 01 Aug 2005 06:35:17p, Stan Horwitz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:

>> > So I'm not the only one who thinks so? My wife was raving about
>> > this place for weeks, I finally obliged and went with her one day.
>> > I was really not impressed. Our son loved it, but he is hardly a
>> > discerning critic,which isnt' all bad at this stage.
>> >
>> > But then, I am hardly ever impressed with most "chain" food. Most
>> > of it is ok to slightly above average, but the "good" stuff is
>> > always at the little out of the way places.
>> >

>> Is Cold Stone (I thought it was named Stone Cold up to this point) the
>> one that mashes icecream on a counter? The entire concept is just
>> gross.

> Yes. What's gross about it? Its not like people sit or walk on those
> counters.

I don't consider it gross, but I do consider below par. When I lived in
Ohio there was a privately owned "mix-in" ice cream shop. They sold a lot
of their ice cream plain, in cones or dishes. For mix-ins they used a
refrigerated marble slab similar to Cold Stone. The major difference was
that they made every flavor of their own ice cream in a huge commercial
size White Mountain freezer, using ice and salt. Some of their ice creams
were custard-based, but all of them contained nothing more than cream,
sugar, flavorings, and (in the case of the custard base) eggs. Their ice
cream was superb. The whipped cream they made was so rich in butterfat and
beaten so stiffly, that it was almost at the point of turning to butter.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0531-0, 08/01/2005
Tested on: 8/1/2005 6:43:58 PM

Bob

JW wrote about Coldstone Creamery:

> So I'm not the only one who thinks so? My wife was raving about this
> place for weeks, I finally obliged and went with her one day. I was
> really not impressed. Our son loved it, but he is hardly a discerning
> critic,which isnt' all bad at this stage.
>
> But then, I am hardly ever impressed with most "chain" food. Most of
> it is ok to slightly above average, but the "good" stuff is always at
> the little out of the way places.

I haven't been to one, but I recently got a gift certificate for five
dollars off at Coldstone Creamery, and I was contemplating redeeming it. My
girlfriend tells me to avoid anything chocolate there; she says their
chocolate is so waxy it's virtually inedible.

Bob

sf

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:35:17 -0400, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> Yes. What's gross about it? Its not like people sit or walk on those
> counters.

I don't want anyone to mash (prethaw) my icecream. If I want mushy
ice cream, I'll get a softie.
Dee Randall

"Bob" > wrote in message
> JW wrote about Coldstone Creamery:
>
>> So I'm not the only one who thinks so? My wife was raving about this
>> place for weeks, I finally obliged and went with her one day. I was
>> really not impressed. Our son loved it, but he is hardly a discerning
>> critic,which isnt' all bad at this stage.
>>
>> But then, I am hardly ever impressed with most "chain" food. Most of
>> it is ok to slightly above average, but the "good" stuff is always at
>> the little out of the way places.

> I haven't been to one, but I recently got a gift certificate for five
> dollars off at Coldstone Creamery, and I was contemplating redeeming it.
> My
> girlfriend tells me to avoid anything chocolate there; she says their
> chocolate is so waxy it's virtually inedible.
>
> Bob

I'll second that. In the 'quote' deepest chocolate flavor, they do put
those chocolate chips in and you sit there biting on the chips hoping that
one doesn't fly across the room -- tee hee -- when you're trying to eat it,
then you forget to taste the chocolate. The chocolate is very waxy! If you
buy the largest with no extra toppings, I believe it is $4, because it is an
even $8, tax included, for two of us, so you'll pay an extra $3 over your
$5 certificate. Take money.
Dee Dee

Bell Jar

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

> I don't consider it gross, but I do consider below par. When I lived in
> Ohio there was a privately owned "mix-in" ice cream shop. They sold a lot
> of their ice cream plain, in cones or dishes. For mix-ins they used a
> refrigerated marble slab similar to Cold Stone. The major difference was
> that they made every flavor of their own ice cream in a huge commercial
> size White Mountain freezer, using ice and salt.

Hi Wayne ... I think you used to live where I live now (we had a talk about
Perogi Palace and the West Side Market some time ago)
May I ask where this ice cream place is ... sounds like a place I would like
to go.
Thanks,

Sandi

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 01 Aug 2005 06:35:17p, Stan Horwitz wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > In article >,
> > sf > wrote:

> >> Is Cold Stone (I thought it was named Stone Cold up to this point) the
> >> one that mashes icecream on a counter? The entire concept is just
> >> gross.

> > Yes. What's gross about it? Its not like people sit or walk on those
> > counters.
> >

> I don't consider it gross, but I do consider below par. When I lived in
> Ohio there was a privately owned "mix-in" ice cream shop. They sold a lot
> of their ice cream plain, in cones or dishes. For mix-ins they used a
> refrigerated marble slab similar to Cold Stone. The major difference was
> that they made every flavor of their own ice cream in a huge commercial
> size White Mountain freezer, using ice and salt.

That sounds like an ice cream shop where I used to live. They mixed in
things on a cold slab but they made all of their own ice cream on the
premises. That made a world of difference.

Sandi

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 01 Aug 2005 10:57:28p, Bell Jar wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>>
>> I don't consider it gross, but I do consider below par. When I lived
>> in Ohio there was a privately owned "mix-in" ice cream shop. They sold
>> a lot of their ice cream plain, in cones or dishes. For mix-ins they
>> used a refrigerated marble slab similar to Cold Stone. The major
>> difference was that they made every flavor of their own ice cream in a
>> huge commercial size White Mountain freezer, using ice and salt.

> Hi Wayne ... I think you used to live where I live now (we had a talk
> about Perogi Palace and the West Side Market some time ago)
> May I ask where this ice cream place is ... sounds like a place I would
> like to go.
> Thanks,

Well, hello! Yes, I remember... It's been a while. For the life of me, I
cannot remember the name of the place (and it's possible it may have
changed), but it's located in Rocky River. It's on Beach Cliff Boulevard
just north of Detroit Road. Beach Cliff is the first street (running north-
south) west of the bridge that links Rocky River and Lakewood. This is an
area of little shops and restaurants. There was a restaurant (at the time,
called Tommy's), and the ice cream/deli shop was just a door or two further
north from Tommy's. I hope it's still there and unchanged, but it's been
over 5 years ago since I've been there. Let me know if you find it. I can
e-mail you a small map of the area. Just let me know.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0531-0, 08/01/2005
Tested on: 8/2/2005 4:33:36 AM

Bell Jar

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Mon 01 Aug 2005 10:57:28p, Bell Jar wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I don't consider it gross, but I do consider below par. When I lived
>>> in Ohio there was a privately owned "mix-in" ice cream shop. They sold
>>> a lot of their ice cream plain, in cones or dishes. For mix-ins they
>>> used a refrigerated marble slab similar to Cold Stone. The major
>>> difference was that they made every flavor of their own ice cream in a
>>> huge commercial size White Mountain freezer, using ice and salt.

>> Hi Wayne ... I think you used to live where I live now (we had a talk
>> about Perogi Palace and the West Side Market some time ago)
>> May I ask where this ice cream place is ... sounds like a place I would
>> like to go.
>> Thanks,

> Well, hello! Yes, I remember... It's been a while. For the life of me,
> cannot remember the name of the place (and it's possible it may have
> changed), but it's located in Rocky River. It's on Beach Cliff Boulevard
> just north of Detroit Road. Beach Cliff is the first street (running
> north-
> south) west of the bridge that links Rocky River and Lakewood. This is an
> area of little shops and restaurants. There was a restaurant (at the
> time,
> called Tommy's), and the ice cream/deli shop was just a door or two
> further
> north from Tommy's. I hope it's still there and unchanged, but it's been
> over 5 years ago since I've been there. Let me know if you find it. I
> can
> e-mail you a small map of the area. Just let me know.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>
> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0531-0, 08/01/2005
> Tested on: 8/2/2005 4:33:36 AM

Great .. I know the area. I think we will go for a little drive this
weekend.

I'll let you know what we find.

Woofs

One of these Cold Stone places recently opened near me. Last weekend the DH
and I went in to try it out. We both got chocolate, which was pretty poor,
but what really got my attention was the wasabi-ginger ice cream. I stood
there transfixed for several minutes staring at it, trying to imagine WHY
anyone would want wasabi-ginger ice cream.

Finally I just had to ask for a taster spoon of it. The server handed it over
and told me that so far no one had liked it. I told her that I dote on both
wasabi and ginger but not in ice cream. It was vile.

Whose bright idea was this, I wonder? Who woke up at 3:00 in the morning
shouting *I've got it!!! Wasabi-ginger ice cream!!!*

I can still taste the stuff. Yuck.

Woofs

Take out the dog to reply

Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

> Another horrid thing about the place is the 'sizes' - I way prefer small,
> medium and large over fancy schmancy pretentious Ventis or Gotta Love Its.
> ARGH! I sometimes think it's a ploy to make the consumer sound like an

Dont' shoot me for this, but McDonald's(and I suspect the others) no
longer even have a small size. Medium, Large and Supersize. I dont'
go there very often, but sometimes when travelling when one just need a
super quick bite of something......

JW

Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 02 Aug 2005 05:49:42a, Bell Jar wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>>> Hi Wayne ... I think you used to live where I live now (we had a talk
>>> about Perogi Palace and the West Side Market some time ago)
>>> May I ask where this ice cream place is ... sounds like a place I
>>> would like to go.
>>> Thanks,

>> Well, hello! Yes, I remember... It's been a while. For the life of
>> me, I
>> cannot remember the name of the place (and it's possible it may have
>> changed), but it's located in Rocky River. It's on Beach Cliff
>> Boulevard just north of Detroit Road. Beach Cliff is the first street
>> (running north- south) west of the bridge that links Rocky River and
>> Lakewood. This is an area of little shops and restaurants. There was a
>> restaurant (at the time, called Tommy's), and the ice cream/deli shop
>> was just a door or two further north from Tommy's. I hope it's still
>> there and unchanged, but it's been over 5 years ago since I've been
>> there. Let me know if you find it. I can e-mail you a small map of
>> the area. Just let me know.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>
>> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
>> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
>>

>> ---
>> avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>> Virus Database (VPS): 0531-0, 08/01/2005
>> Tested on: 8/2/2005 4:33:36 AM

> Great .. I know the area. I think we will go for a little drive this
> weekend.
>
> I'll let you know what we find.

I'll be anxious to know! That area was always one my favorite haunts.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0531-0, 08/01/2005
Tested on: 8/2/2005 6:09:40 AM

Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 02 Aug 2005 05:52:08a, Woofs wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> One of these Cold Stone places recently opened near me. Last weekend
> the DH and I went in to try it out. We both got chocolate, which was
> pretty poor, but what really got my attention was the wasabi-ginger ice
> cream. I stood there transfixed for several minutes staring at it,
> trying to imagine WHY anyone would want wasabi-ginger ice cream.
>
> Finally I just had to ask for a taster spoon of it. The server handed
> it over and told me that so far no one had liked it. I told her that I
> dote on both wasabi and ginger but not in ice cream. It was vile.
>
> Whose bright idea was this, I wonder? Who woke up at 3:00 in the
> morning shouting *I've got it!!! Wasabi-ginger ice cream!!!*
>
> I can still taste the stuff. Yuck.
>
> Woofs

I can't understand the wasabi, but ginger ice cream is wonderful. I can
still remembeer Howard Johnson's back in the 1950s (then the leading
purveyor of flavors), introduced a ginger ice cream. I couldn't get
enough. Sadly, they stopped making it after a year or so.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0531-0, 08/01/2005
Tested on: 8/2/2005 6:12:10 AM

Woofs

>I can't understand the wasabi, but ginger ice cream is wonderful.

Oh absolutely! I'm with you on the ginger. It's heavenly in ice cream, but
the wasabi-ginger ice cream combo does not work. Take my word on this.

Woofs

Take out the dog to reply

Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Bell Jar

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>> Great .. I know the area. I think we will go for a little drive this
>> weekend.
>>
>> I'll let you know what we find.

> I'll be anxious to know! That area was always one my favorite haunts.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

I'm still shopping at the WSM, I found a cool website the other day that may
interest you.
It has Revolving 360 degree iPIX images from inside the Market

http://cleveland.about.com/cs/shoppi.../blmarketa.htm

Just scroll down and click on the pics.
I do about 90% of my shopping there, pretty much the only thing I don't buy
there are non food products. Now that I know the good venders from the bad,
venders who appreciate repeat business and friend referrals .... I have been
getting great deals.
I feel very fortunate that I live in this area. When we move, the West Side
Market is what I'm going to miss the most. Well, that and University
Circle.

Vilco

Mi e' parso che *JimH* abbia scritto:

>> Well I know I shouldn't have but I just had to show a
>> co-worker how they can mix what ever you want. So had a
>> small Strawberry with strawberries. Damn now I need to
>> drink a gallon or water. Dows sweet make you thirsty too?

> This could be a sign of Type 2 diabetes.

I wouldn't think that: lots of people get thirsty after an
ice-cream, it's very common.
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

On 2 Aug 2005 15:17:07 +0200, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>I can't understand the wasabi, but ginger ice cream is wonderful. I can
>still remembeer Howard Johnson's back in the 1950s (then the leading
>purveyor of flavors), introduced a ginger ice cream. I couldn't get
>enough. Sadly, they stopped making it after a year or so.

Mmmmm.... PumpkinPie ice-ceam....

<rj>
Dee Randall

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Tue 02 Aug 2005 05:52:08a, Woofs wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> One of these Cold Stone places recently opened near me. Last weekend
>> the DH and I went in to try it out. We both got chocolate, which was
>> pretty poor, but what really got my attention was the wasabi-ginger ice
>> cream. I stood there transfixed for several minutes staring at it,
>> trying to imagine WHY anyone would want wasabi-ginger ice cream.
>>
>> Finally I just had to ask for a taster spoon of it. The server handed
>> it over and told me that so far no one had liked it. I told her that I
>> dote on both wasabi and ginger but not in ice cream. It was vile.
>>
>> Whose bright idea was this, I wonder? Who woke up at 3:00 in the
>> morning shouting *I've got it!!! Wasabi-ginger ice cream!!!*
>>
>> I can still taste the stuff. Yuck.
>>
>> Woofs

> I can't understand the wasabi, but ginger ice cream is wonderful. I can
> still remembeer Howard Johnson's back in the 1950s (then the leading
> purveyor of flavors), introduced a ginger ice cream. I couldn't get
> enough. Sadly, they stopped making it after a year or so.
>
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

The best ginger candy I've ever eaten, I still remember it. They used to
sell it in boxes, but now it looks as if it is included only in the
assortment box. It used to be a fun gift for me to mail from Hawaii, just a
tad bit unusual. I could eat a box of it now!
http://kailua-candy.com/index.html
Dee Dee

Nancy Young

"Vilco" > wrote in message
> Mi e' parso che *JimH* abbia scritto:
>
>>> Well I know I shouldn't have but I just had to show a
>>> co-worker how they can mix what ever you want. So had a
>>> small Strawberry with strawberries. Damn now I need to
>>> drink a gallon or water. Dows sweet make you thirsty too?

>> This could be a sign of Type 2 diabetes.

> I wouldn't think that: lots of people get thirsty after an ice-cream, it's
> very common.

I know I do. I see ice cream hawkers at the ball game
and I think, the soda guy had better be right behind you!
No thanks.

nancy

Dee Randall

"Vilco" > wrote in message
> Mi e' parso che *JimH* abbia scritto:
>
>>> Well I know I shouldn't have but I just had to show a
>>> co-worker how they can mix what ever you want. So had a
>>> small Strawberry with strawberries. Damn now I need to
>>> drink a gallon or water. Dows sweet make you thirsty too?

>> This could be a sign of Type 2 diabetes.

> I wouldn't think that: lots of people get thirsty after an ice-cream, it's
> very common.
> --
> Vilco
> Think Pink , Drink Rose'

In the 'olden days' when one was served an ice cream, a glass of water
usually came with it.
Dee Dee

Vilco

Mi e' parso che Dee Randall abbia scritto:

>> I wouldn't think that: lots of people get thirsty after
>> an ice-cream, it's very common.

> In the 'olden days' when one was served an ice cream, a
> glass of water usually came with it.

Yes, the good ol' days
Now no more water with ice cream, but always more often they hand
you a little glass when you order an espresso.
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

*JimH*

"Vilco" > wrote in message
> Mi e' parso che *JimH* abbia scritto:
>
>>> Well I know I shouldn't have but I just had to show a
>>> co-worker how they can mix what ever you want. So had a
>>> small Strawberry with strawberries. Damn now I need to
>>> drink a gallon or water. Dows sweet make you thirsty too?

>> This could be a sign of Type 2 diabetes.

> I wouldn't think that: lots of people get thirsty after an ice-cream, it's
> very common.
> --
> Vilco
> Think Pink , Drink Rose'

When one gets so thirsty after eating ice cream they could drink "a gallon
of water" then there is a possibility of that person having type 2 diabetes.
Note the word 'possibility'. .

Yep, most folks get thirsty after eating ice cream, but not to that extent.
Just trying to offer a bit of advice....but I did not want to start WWIII
over the suggestion.

Jeesh.

Richard Kaszeta

Woofs > writes:
> Whose bright idea was this, I wonder? Who woke up at 3:00 in the morning
> shouting *I've got it!!! Wasabi-ginger ice cream!!!*

Probably someone from Japan. After having sampled shrimp ice cream,
cactus ice cream, and natto ice cream, I decided they have a
completely different flavor spectrum over there[1].

[1] That, and the chicken and mayonnaise pizza...

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 02 Aug 2005 06:21:38a, Bell Jar wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>
>>> Great .. I know the area. I think we will go for a little drive this
>>> weekend.
>>>
>>> I'll let you know what we find.

>> I'll be anxious to know! That area was always one my favorite haunts.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> I'm still shopping at the WSM, I found a cool website the other day that
> may interest you.
> It has Revolving 360 degree iPIX images from inside the Market
>
> http://cleveland.about.com/cs/shoppi...//cleveland.ab
> out.com/cs/shopping/l/blmarketa.htm

Alas, the IPIX won't load correctly on my PC here at work, although I do
have Java installed. I'll try it again at home tonight.

> Just scroll down and click on the pics.
> I do about 90% of my shopping there, pretty much the only thing I don't
> buy there are non food products. Now that I know the good venders from
> the bad, venders who appreciate repeat business and friend referrals
> .... I have been getting great deals.

I used to shop there often, especially in the warmer months when the
outside vendors were there. I do miss the WSM, as there's nothing at all
like it here in Phoenix, although we do have some good Farmer's markets.

> I feel very fortunate that I live in this area. When we move, the West
> Side Market is what I'm going to miss the most. Well, that and
> University Circle.

You're moving away?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Bell Jar

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>>> I'll be anxious to know! That area was always one my favorite haunts.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

>> I'm still shopping at the WSM, I found a cool website the other day that
>> may interest you.
>> It has Revolving 360 degree iPIX images from inside the Market
>>
>> http://cleveland.about.com/cs/shoppi...//cleveland.ab
>> out.com/cs/shopping/l/blmarketa.htm

> Alas, the IPIX won't load correctly on my PC here at work, although I do
> have Java installed. I'll try it again at home tonight.
>
>> Just scroll down and click on the pics.
>> I do about 90% of my shopping there, pretty much the only thing I don't
>> buy there are non food products. Now that I know the good venders from
>> the bad, venders who appreciate repeat business and friend referrals
>> .... I have been getting great deals.

> I used to shop there often, especially in the warmer months when the
> outside vendors were there. I do miss the WSM, as there's nothing at
> all
> like it here in Phoenix, although we do have some good Farmer's markets.
>
>> I feel very fortunate that I live in this area. When we move, the West
>> Side Market is what I'm going to miss the most. Well, that and
>> University Circle.

> You're moving away?

not yet ... but I want to. I really don't care for just about anything else
here.
I won't even go into how bad the schools are

Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 02 Aug 2005 06:57:52a, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> This could be a sign of Type 2 diabetes.

>> I wouldn't think that: lots of people get thirsty after an ice-cream,
>> it's very common.
>> --
>> Vilco
>> Think Pink , Drink Rose'

> In the 'olden days' when one was served an ice cream, a glass of water
> usually came with it.
> Dee Dee

That was also when they werved the ice cream in a proper dish.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974