Chris Donnelly

Default KitchenAid Mixer

All,

I received an old KitchenAid KSM90PSWH from my parents upon college
graduation. Only problem was that the motor had got bum, but that it
would cost less to get it fix than purchase a new one. My question
is, is it worth fixing this model or should I buy a newer type model?
Does anyone know of a website where I can purchase a replacement
motor?

Thanks to all,

Chris
Ross Bernheim

Vicki L. Simon > wrote:

> KA's in general, have been very robust.

Once worked at a KA distributor. Had a customer come in to
buy 2 bowls and flat beaters for his K5's. I asked why he needed
new bowls and flat beaters. Seems he runs an assay lab and
used the K5's to mix rock samples prior to assay to get a better
result. He had the units for over 20 years and had the motors
re-wound and gears replaced, but they kept on going with this
abuse. Quite a testament to their robustness.

Ross Bernheim

Ross Bernheim