Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Crying Child At a Romantic Dinner?

Was I wrong or did I miss something???

"The Nest" is a 4 star restaurant nestled in the
romantic Saddleback Inn, Lake Arrowhead, CA. After
waiting 20 minutes past our scheduled reservation, we
were seated at a quiet booth that was available the
entire time. Soon (8:15pm)a family of 4 with a tired 2
year old crying to go home was seated behind us. After
10 minutes of non-stop crying, we spoke with a
waitress about the disturbance caused by the child.
The ownercame by our table and refused to speak to the
family and told us we could be moved to a louder part
of the restaurant if we didn't like the noise from the
child. Since the romance for the evening was ruined,
we decided to move. I was too upset to accept any
compensation offered, but still shocked that on my $86
tab they charged me a $10 corkage fee on my bottle of
wine. The food and service is worthy of 5 stars, but
owner is a horrible manager and will sacrifice your
romantic evening at the expense of a crying child.

I left a note on the receipt to the waiter that due to
the actions of the owner he would not be receiving a
tip. I also commended him and the chef on their
service.

While I think I should have walked out, my wife was
looking forward too much to her Duck breast with a
Lobster Tail. By that point McDonalds was good enough
for me.

I am curious as too your comments.