A.C.

> I left a note on the receipt to the waiter that due to
> the actions of the owner he would not be receiving a
> tip. I also commended him and the chef on their
> service.

i don't agree with this at all. you said the food and service were great but you
didn't tip the waiter. i don't think it was the waiters fault. those folks work
for tips so you basically make him work for free due to something that was not
in his control. you didn't hurt the manager at all. he still got his money and
corkage fee. it was nice that you commended the waiter on his service but
stiffing him was the wrong thing to do in my opinion.