tuppy

Default One More Vienna Beef Post

I am not sure why Target decided to go with a non-kosher hotdog to expand
their assortment but oh well. After all, it is faux kosher.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...i-business-hed

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 02 Jun 2005 08:32:22a, tuppy wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I am not sure why Target decided to go with a non-kosher hotdog to
> expand their assortment but oh well. After all, it is faux kosher.
>
> http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...1,5900236.stor
> y?coll=chi-business-hed

Maybe they liked the taste. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
tuppy

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Thu 02 Jun 2005 08:32:22a, tuppy wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > I am not sure why Target decided to go with a non-kosher hotdog to
> > expand their assortment but oh well. After all, it is faux kosher.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...1,5900236.stor
> > y?coll=chi-business-hed

> Maybe they liked the taste. :-)
>

> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>
> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

What a concept...liking the taste!! Actually, I was thinking more of the
concept of diversity of Target's product assortment in their food stores. I
enjoyed a Vienna beef hotdog today up at Fratello's in Volo, IL. They are
great...poppy seed bun, pickle relish, chopped onion, sport peppers, pickle
spear, tomato wedges, yellow mustard and a dash of celery salt. Helluva
lunch!

Rand

Ron G

Been there too, over the years---
They have a really great dog!

I wish that "Hippo's" was still open on Higgins road near Meacham :-)

Best---
Ron

tuppy > wrote in message
link.net...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> > On Thu 02 Jun 2005 08:32:22a, tuppy wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> > > I am not sure why Target decided to go with a non-kosher hotdog to
> > > expand their assortment but oh well. After all, it is faux kosher.
> > >

> http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...1,5900236.stor
> > > y?coll=chi-business-hed

> > Maybe they liked the taste. :-)
> >

> > --
> > Wayne Boatwright *¿*
> >
> > Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> > Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

> What a concept...liking the taste!! Actually, I was thinking more of the
> concept of diversity of Target's product assortment in their food stores.

> enjoyed a Vienna beef hotdog today up at Fratello's in Volo, IL. They

are
> great...poppy seed bun, pickle relish, chopped onion, sport peppers,

pickle
> spear, tomato wedges, yellow mustard and a dash of celery salt. Helluva
> lunch!
>
> Rand

---

tuppy

And Poochie's in Skokie.....and Flukey's on Peterson Avenue....also Big
Herm's in Skokie. You know, those Dempster Street in Skokie dog joints of
the past have humbled anything else I have enjoyed anywhere in the U.S.,
NYC, Detroit, Cincy included.

BTW, Hippo's is still there. You know...you can have a Hippo's for
lunch...shop at Woodfield and then head further down Higgins for Lou
Malnati's pizza.

I wonder what my cholesterol and calorie intake would be for the day!!??

Tup