Sarah

Default Whats a grahams cracker

It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make out it is
what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes used crushed to make
cheese cake base, I assume it's like a digestive biscuit, if any of you know
what a digestive biscuit is!
Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?
Thanks in anticipation
Sarah from the UK

Ophelia

"Sarah" > wrote in message
. uk...
> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make
> out it is what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes
> used crushed to make cheese cake base, I assume it's like a digestive
> biscuit, if any of you know what a digestive biscuit is!
> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?
> Thanks in anticipation

Yes Sarah... a digestive biscuit is the nearest thing

Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 24 May 2005 10:14:08a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Sarah" > wrote in message
> . uk...
>> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make
>> out it is what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes
>> used crushed to make cheese cake base, I assume it's like a digestive
>> biscuit, if any of you know what a digestive biscuit is!
>> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?
>> Thanks in anticipation

> Yes Sarah... a digestive biscuit is the nearest thing

I think that disgestive biscuits make an even better crust than graham
crackers.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Ophelia

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Tue 24 May 2005 10:14:08a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> "Sarah" > wrote in message
>> . uk...
>>> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make
>>> out it is what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes
>>> used crushed to make cheese cake base, I assume it's like a
>>> digestive
>>> biscuit, if any of you know what a digestive biscuit is!
>>> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?
>>> Thanks in anticipation

>> Yes Sarah... a digestive biscuit is the nearest thing

> I think that disgestive biscuits make an even better crust than graham
> crackers.

Ahh you have tried both Wayne?

Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 24 May 2005 10:26:53a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Tue 24 May 2005 10:14:08a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>

>>> "Sarah" > wrote in message
>>> . uk...
>>>
>>> Yes Sarah... a digestive biscuit is the nearest thing

>> I think that disgestive biscuits make an even better crust than graham
>> crackers.

> Ahh you have tried both Wayne?

I buy McVities Disgestive Biscuits at a local store here. Of course,
graham crackers are ubiquitous here. Chocolate covered graham crackers are
really quite good, however.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Wayne Boatwright wrote on 24 May 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> On Tue 24 May 2005 10:26:53a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

> > "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> >> On Tue 24 May 2005 10:14:08a, Ophelia wrote in
> >> rec.food.cooking:

> >> I think that disgestive biscuits make an even better crust than
> >> graham crackers.

> > Ahh you have tried both Wayne?

> I buy McVities Disgestive Biscuits at a local store here. Of
> course, graham crackers are ubiquitous here. Chocolate covered
> graham crackers are really quite good, however.

a picture
http://tinyurl.com/dfy4n

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
sf

On 24 May 2005 23:38:04 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Disgestive Biscuits

They sound positively medicinal.
Ophelia

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Tue 24 May 2005 10:26:53a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> I think that disgestive biscuits make an even better crust than
>>> graham
>>> crackers.

>> Ahh you have tried both Wayne?

> I buy McVities Disgestive Biscuits at a local store here. Of course,
> graham crackers are ubiquitous here. Chocolate covered graham
> crackers are
> really quite good, however.

So are chocolate digestives

Shaun aRe

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Tue 24 May 2005 10:26:53a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >> I think that disgestive biscuits make an even better crust than graham
> >> crackers.

> > Ahh you have tried both Wayne?

> I buy McVities Disgestive Biscuits at a local store here. Of course,
> graham crackers are ubiquitous here. Chocolate covered graham crackers

are
> really quite good, however.

Have you had the chocolate covered McVitties Digestives yet? - Excellent for
dunking in coffee ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Doug Weller

On 24 May 2005 23:38:04 +0200, in rec.food.cooking, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

>On Tue 24 May 2005 10:26:53a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> I think that disgestive biscuits make an even better crust than graham
>>> crackers.

>> Ahh you have tried both Wayne?

>I buy McVities Disgestive Biscuits at a local store here. Of course,
>graham crackers are ubiquitous here. Chocolate covered graham crackers are
>really quite good, however.

I wish we could get Graham crackers in the UK. Digestive biscuits have a
*lot* more calories.

Doug
--
Doug Weller -- exorcise the demon to reply
Doug & Helen's Dogs http://www.dougandhelen.com

FREECYCLEMOM

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
k...

> "Sarah" > wrote in message
> . uk...
>> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make
>> out it is what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's
>> sometimes used crushed to make cheese cake base, I assume it's like
>> a digestive biscuit, if any of you know what a digestive biscuit
>> is!
>> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?
>> Thanks in anticipation

> Yes Sarah... a digestive biscuit is the nearest thing

Actually digestive bisuit is a little similar, but nowhere near like a
graham cracker. Because Graham crackers are.... crackers, not
biscuits/cookies. They are much harder.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Cinnamon-graham Crackers

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 24
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Thrifty, Scandinavia, Flatbreads, Crackers

-= Ingredients =-
2 cups Whole wheat flour
1 cup All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
3/4 cup Packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Shortening
1/3 cup Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 cup Milk
3 tablespoon Granulated sugar
1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon

-= Instructions =-
Stir together whole whea t flour, all purpose flour, baking powder,
baking soda, and salt. Cream together brown sugar and shortening till
light. Beat in honey and vanbilla till fluffy. Add flour mixture
alternately with milk to creamed mixture, beating well after each
addition. Chill dough several hours or overnight. Divide chilled
mixture into quarters. On welll-floured surface roll each quarter to
15x5-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle crosswise into 6 small rectangles
measuring 5x2 1/2 inches. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Mark a
line crosswise across center of each small rectangle with tines of
fork; score a pattern of holes on squares with fork tines. Combine
granulated sugar and cinnamon; Sprinkle over crackers. Bake at 350
for 13-15 minutes. Remove from sheet at once. Original poster not
on file From: Robert Miles Date: 24 Aug 98
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 232 Calories; 5g Fat (17.6%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
1mg Cholesterol; 53mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Non-Fat
Milk; 1 Fat; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Graham Crackers

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 0
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Rolled, Formed, Cookies, 1 Preparation Time :0:00

-= Ingredients =-
4 tablespoons butter ; softened
1 egg ; well beaten
6 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons water
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups graham ; whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour

-= Instructions =-
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Combine butter, egg and sugar in a bowl
and beat until smooth and creamy.Stir in honey and blend.Dissolve the
baking soda in the water and add to the butter mixture.Add the salt,
graham flour and all purpose flour to the mixture and
blendthoroughly.The dough should hold together and be manageable. If
it is too tacky add alittle more graham flour.Liberally dust a surface
with graham flour and roll the dough to a thicknessof about 1/8".For
convenience handling, cut the dough into 3 or 4 sections that will
fiton your cookie sheet.With knife score the dough without cutting
through, into 2 1/2" squares.Prick each square a few times with the
tines of a fork. Using a spatula,place the sections of scored cracker
dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.Bake on the first side for 8
minutes, then turn over and bake for 6-7minutes. Cool on racks.

NOTES : The person who this recipe is from says she uses 5 T. sugar
(insteadof 6) and 5 T. honey (instead of 4).She also uses 1/2 c. all
purpose flour instead of 3/4 c.

For cinnamon graham crackers: substitute sugar for the honey and add 1
tsp.cinnamon.

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Graham Crackers

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 24
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Thrifty, Scandinavia, Flatbreads, Crackers

-= Ingredients =-
1 cup Flour ; all-purpose
3/4 cup Flour ; whole-wheat
1/2 cup Flour ; rye plus additional
For rolling out the dough
5 tablespoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon ; ground
3 tablespoon Butter ; unsalted
Chilled & cut into small
Bits
1/4 cup Solid vegetable shortening
2 tablespoon Honey
1 tablespoon Molasses
1/4 C ; Water cold
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

-= Instructions =-
Blend the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, rye flour, sugar,
salt, soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in a bowl. With a pastry
blender or your fingertips, work in the butter and shortening until
small, even particles are formed. Mix together the honey, molasses,
water and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Sprinkle gradually into
the dry ingredients, tossing with a fork until the liquid is evenly
incorporated. Press the dough together into a ball. It may be
crumbly, but do not add water. Wrap in plastic and chill for several
hours or overnight. Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Halve the
dough. Let soften about 15 minutes. Sprinkle a sheet of waxed paper
sparingly with rye flour, place one piece of the dough on top and
flatten it with a rolling pin. Sprinkle lightly with rye flour and
top with another sheet of waxed paper. Roll out to form a rectangle
roughly 7x15 inches, rolling slowly and with even pressure so the
crumbly dough does not break. Peel off the top sheet of waxed paper
and prick the dough all over at 1/2" to 1" intervals, using a skewer,
sharp-tined fork or a puff-pastry pricker if you have one. Cut into
approximately 2-1/2" squares. Transfer the squares to a large,
ungreased baking sheet with a spatula, placing them very close
together (almost touching). Repeat the process with the remaining
piece of dough. Re-roll and cut the scraps. Bake the crackers in the
middle level of the oven for about 15 minutes or until they brown
lightly on the edges. Remove to a rack and let cool completely, then
store airtight. Keep for at least 24 hours before serving. ~- Better
Than Store-Bought by Schneider and Colchie From:
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 303 Calories; trace Fat (0.2%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 78g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 98mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Other
Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at:
http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Honey Graham Crackers

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 12
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Thrifty, Scandinavia, Flatbreads, Crackers

-= Ingredients =-
2 cups Unbleached flour
1/3 cup Whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Dark brown sugar ; packed
3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 Stick butter ; cut in 4 pcs
1/3 cup Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
5 tablespoon Water

-= Instructions =-
Use the metal blade of your food processor to combine the flours,
brown sugar, soda, salt and butter, about 10 pulses. Add the remaining
ingredients, pulse 5 times, then process until the mixture forms a
mass, about 20 seconds. Remove the dough, press it into a ball and
divide it in half. Cover one half with plastic wrap. Preheat the oven
to 325 degrees. Roll out the other half on a buttered rimless 14x17
inch baking sheet. Lightly flour the surface of the dough and roll
until it is very thin and covers the baking sheet. Use the sharp side
of a knife to cut the dough into 3 inch squares, then use the dull
side of the knife to divide the squares in half. Prick evenly with a
fork. Bake until evenly browned and firm to the touch, about 12-15
minutes. Repeat with the remaining dough on a second baking sheet.
Follow the scored lines to cut the crackers apart while warm; they
will crisp as they cool. Gently lift them from the baking sheet with
a spatula. Separate the crackers and store in airtight containers.
Makes about 50 crackers. Compliments of: Kathleen's Recipe Swap
Page http://www.escape.ca/~myhome/recipes From:
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 108 Calories; trace Fat (0.5%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 171mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Fat; 1/2
Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at:
http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Honey Graham Crackers 1

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 3
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Crackers, Flatbreads

-= Ingredients =-
1/2 c Butter
2 c Graham flour
1 t Baking powder
2 tb Brown sugar
1/2 ts Cinnamon ; ground
1/4 c Honey
1 Egg ; beaten
1/4 c Water ; hot

-= Instructions =-
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a pastry blender or two knives,
cut butter into flour until mixture has the texture of cornmeal. Stir
in baking powder, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add egg and hot water and
mix until well blended. Knead dough 2 or 3 minutes. Set half aside.
Roll out into a square about 1/8 inch thick. Place on ungreased
baking sheet. Score dough into about 2-inch squares, using a sharp
knife. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes or until lightly
browned. Roll out and bake remaining half of dough. Cool baked
crackers and gently separate into squares. NOTES: * North
American crackers with graham flour, honey and cinnamon -- I
originally got this recipe from a newspaper and played around a bit
until I thought it tasted like Sunshine Honey Grahams. I've
occasionally used ordinary whole wheat flour when I didn't have any
graham flour and it still worked alright. Graham flour is coarser.
Yield: Makes 36-40. : Difficulty: moderate (judgment required). :
Time: 10 minutes preparation, 20 minutes cooking and cooling. :
Precision: measure the ingredients. : Miriam Nadel : Trailing Edge
Technology, Redondo Beach, Calif., USA :
{philabs, trwrb}!cadovax!gryphon!mhnadel : {hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax,
ihnp4, nosc}!crash!gryphon!mhnadel : Copyright (C) 1986 USENET
Community Trust
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 721 Calories; 31g Fat (36.9%
calories from fat); trace Protein; 118g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 83mg Cholesterol; 514mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Fat; 8 Other
Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at:
http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Tightwad Graham Crackers

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Thrifty, Scandinavia, Flatbreads, Crackers

-= Ingredients =-
2 cups Whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup Wheat bran
1/2 cup Lt brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon Salt ; opt.
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
1/3 cup Milk
Frey ; Iris Ihde
ISBN 0-312-17773-9

-= Instructions =-
Stir together dry ingredients. Mix oil and milk and add to dry
ingred. Mix with your hands until well mixed. Spray a large baking
sheet with Pam (you can use shortening) and press dough onto sheet.
Roll out dough with a rolling pin to a rectangle roughly 12x15". Cut
dough into squares Bake @ 305 for 15 minutes. Cool and store in an
airtight container. My recipe suggests that you prick the dough and
use a pastry wheel to cut the dough to make them look storebought. I
never do this so I don't think it affects the baking, just the
appearance. Recipe from: Crumpets and Scones
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1082 Calories; 113g Fat (88.9%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber;
11mg Cholesterol; 528mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Non-Fat Milk; 22 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Tw Graham Crackers (bdvs54a)

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Thrifty, Scandinavia, Flatbreads, Crackers

-= Ingredients =-
-TEXT-

-= Instructions =-
2/3 c. graham flour 3 T. Shortening 1/3 c. white flour 2 T. milk 1/2
tsp. soda 1/4 c. honey 1/4 tsp salt Blend the dry ingredients; cut
in the shortening. Thoroughly mix in the milk and honey. Make a ball
of the dough, and roll it out very thin. (Be sure to flour the
board.) Cut the dough into squares. Put them on an ungreased cookie
sheet and bake at 325 degrees F. Remove the crackers from the oven
when they are crisp and golden brown.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 0 Calories; 0g Fat (0.0%
calories from fat); 0g Protein; 0g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 0mg Sodium. Exchanges: .Nutr. Assoc. : 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

Dimitri

"Sarah" > wrote in message
. uk...
> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make out it is
> what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes used crushed to
> make cheese cake base, I assume it's like a digestive biscuit, if any of you
> know what a digestive biscuit is!
> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?
> Thanks in anticipation
> Sarah from the UK

From Epicurious;

Dimitri

graham flour
Whole-wheat flour that is slightly coarser than regular grind. It was developed
by Rev. Sylvester Graham, a Connecticut cleric, who was one of the early leaders
in health food advocacy. See also FLOUR.

graham cracker
This popular snack was touted as a health food in the 1830s by its creator, Rev.
Sylvester Graham, a United States dietary reformer. It's a rectangular-shaped,
whole-wheat cracker that has been sweetened, usually with honey. Graham-cracker
crust is made from a mixture of finely crushed graham crackers, sugar and butter
that is pressed into a pie pan. It's usually baked, but can simply be chilled
before being filled.
© Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995 based on THE FOOD LOVER'S
COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst

D.A.Martinich

Dimitri wrote:

> graham cracker
> This popular snack was touted as a health food in the 1830s by its creato=

r, Rev.
> Sylvester Graham, a United States dietary reformer. It's a rectangular-sh=

aped,
> whole-wheat cracker that has been sweetened, usually with honey. Graham-c=

racker
> crust is made from a mixture of finely crushed graham crackers, sugar and=

butter
> that is pressed into a pie pan. It's usually baked, but can simply be chi=

lled
> before being filled.
> =A9 Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995 based on THE FOOD =

LOVER'S
> COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst

If you want to know more, read 'The New Nuts Among The Berries' by
Ronald Deutsch. A very readable history of food fads, health nazis,
con men, and all the wackiness that diet seems to bring out. He starts
with Sylvester Graham and the Kellog brothers and continues into the
1970's.

D=2EM. =20
"Live right- eat food!"

D=2EM.

Dave Smith

Sarah wrote:

> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make out it is
> what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes used crushed to make
> cheese cake base, I assume it's like a digestive biscuit, if any of you know
> what a digestive biscuit is!
> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?

A Graham Cracker is a Graham Cracker, named for the inventor who used it as a
treatment for alcoholism, though I have no idea why.

It is a little like digestive biscuits. They are about 6 inches by 2 inches and
about 1/16" thick, and are bought by the box. Inside the box are sealed wax paper
blocks containing tight stacks of the crackers.

When we were kids we used to love them with butter and honey, but these days it
seems they are more popular as crumbs for pies and cheesecakes than as crackers.

Doug Kanter

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Sarah wrote:
>
>> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make out
>> it is
>> what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes used crushed
>> to make
>> cheese cake base, I assume it's like a digestive biscuit, if any of you
>> know
>> what a digestive biscuit is!
>> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?

> A Graham Cracker is a Graham Cracker, named for the inventor who used it
> as a
> treatment for alcoholism, though I have no idea why.

Dipped in milk until almost soft, they are a suitable substitute for opium
and heroin. :-)

Dimitri

"Doug Kanter" > wrote in message
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> Sarah wrote:
>>
>>> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make out it
>>> is
>>> what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes used crushed to
>>> make
>>> cheese cake base, I assume it's like a digestive biscuit, if any of you know
>>> what a digestive biscuit is!
>>> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?

>> A Graham Cracker is a Graham Cracker, named for the inventor who used it as a
>> treatment for alcoholism, though I have no idea why.

> Dipped in milk until almost soft, they are a suitable substitute for opium and
> heroin. :-)

Used in making S'Mores is better than speed........

;;-)

Dimitri

notbob

On 2005-05-24, Dimitri > wrote:

> Used in making S'Mores is better than speed........

Graham crackers, chedder cheese, and apple slices. Comfort food from
my youth.

nb
Doug Kanter

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2005-05-24, Dimitri > wrote:
>
>> Used in making S'Mores is better than speed........

> Graham crackers, chedder cheese, and apple slices. Comfort food from
> my youth.
>
> nb

I was about to say "What an odd combo", but, because of my father's kitchen
experiments, I grew up eating turkey, provolone & hard salami subs with
mayo. Interesting interplay of flavors.

Dave Smith wrote:

> When we were kids we used to love them with butter and honey, but

these days it
> seems they are more popular as crumbs for pies and cheesecakes than

as crackers.

Maybe your sphere has changed a bit since you were a kid. I have two
kids under 5, and I can assure you, graham crackers are still used as
crackers (or cookies rather).

Jan

Chris

"Sarah" > wrote in message
. uk...
> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make
> out it is what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes
> used crushed to make cheese cake base, I assume it's like a digestive
> biscuit, if any of you know what a digestive biscuit is!
> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?
> Thanks in anticipation
> Sarah from the UK

Here's a picture (it's animated, so look quickly)

http://www.nabisco.com/honeymaid/

Doug Kanter

"Chris" > wrote in message

> "Sarah" > wrote in message
> . uk...
>> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make out
>> it is what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes used
>> crushed to make cheese cake base, I assume it's like a digestive biscuit,
>> if any of you know what a digestive biscuit is!
>> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?
>> Thanks in anticipation
>> Sarah from the UK
>>

> Here's a picture (it's animated, so look quickly)
>
> http://www.nabisco.com/honeymaid/

Maybe they changed whatever you saw. What's there at 2:28 PM Eastern time is
snack bars, not graham crackers.

Sarah

"Chris" > wrote in message

> "Sarah" > wrote in message
> . uk...
>> It's driving me mad what a grahams cracker is! As far as I can make out it is
>> what we in the UK refer to as a biscuit? As it's sometimes used crushed to
>> make cheese cake base, I assume it's like a digestive biscuit, if any of you
>> know what a digestive biscuit is!
>> Does anyone have any links so I can see what one is?
>> Thanks in anticipation
>> Sarah from the UK
>>

> Here's a picture (it's animated, so look quickly)
>
> http://www.nabisco.com/honeymaid/

Aaah I see. I get the smores now as well, Max & Ruby on nick jr always have
smores round the camp fire!
Sarah
Curiousity is now satisfied thanks )

Grahams seafood lasagne [email protected] General Cooking 35 14-12-2016 09:41 PM
Claret, Piemonte, and Grahams at Lunch Bill S. Wine 0 03-09-2011 07:19 PM
Pride, Beyerskloof, Katnook, Grahams..... Bill S. Wine 0 14-10-2007 12:19 AM
TN 75 Grahams John Taverner Wine 0 24-01-2004 11:52 AM
TN: Leoville LC-82, Grahams -70 Anders Tørneskog Wine 0 03-01-2004 03:46 PM