Katra

Default Black soy beans

In article >,
"Bob (this one)" > wrote:

> Katra wrote:
> > In article >,

<snip>

> > How much do you normally pay for these?

> Prices on the web site. Plus shipping. Cans I can get in supermarkets.

I saw the dried there and have it bookmarked.
I've never seen these in the supermarket, but I've never really looked
either. I'll check it out.

> > I plan to see if my local oriental market carries them before ordering
> > them on line.

> Not very likely. I had a hard time finding them in bulk.
>
> Pastorio

Ok, thanks again!
Once I get to try them, I'll let you know! :-)
Prep same as any other dried bean?
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Bob (this one)

Katra wrote:

> Ok, thanks again!
> Once I get to try them, I'll let you know! :-)
> Prep same as any other dried bean?

Oh, sure. Like I'm going to open the "to soak or not to soak, that is
the question" thread.

I don't soak them.

Oh, jeez. I did it....

Pastorio
Katra

In article >,
"Bob (this one)" > wrote:

> Katra wrote:
>
> > Ok, thanks again!
> > Once I get to try them, I'll let you know! :-)
> > Prep same as any other dried bean?

> Oh, sure. Like I'm going to open the "to soak or not to soak, that is
> the question" thread.
>
> I don't soak them.
>
> Oh, jeez. I did it....
>
> Pastorio

<lol> I've started beans from the dry state in the pressure cooker, they
did fine.

My dad is of the notion that ALL beans need to be soaked for at least 2
days with several rinses until they start to SPROUT. See, beans have
greater nutritional value if they germinate prior to cooking them.

According to dad....... ;-)
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Shaun aRe

"Katra" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bob (this one)" > wrote:
>
> > Katra wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, thanks again!
> > > Once I get to try them, I'll let you know! :-)
> > > Prep same as any other dried bean?

> > Oh, sure. Like I'm going to open the "to soak or not to soak, that is
> > the question" thread.
> >
> > I don't soak them.
> >
> > Oh, jeez. I did it....
> >
> > Pastorio

> <lol> I've started beans from the dry state in the pressure cooker, they
> did fine.
>
> My dad is of the notion that ALL beans need to be soaked for at least 2
> days with several rinses until they start to SPROUT. See, beans have
> greater nutritional value if they germinate prior to cooking them.
>
> According to dad....... ;-)

It's actually supposedly true - upon sprouting they start to produce certain
enzymes (? - been a few weeks since I read the nutrition paper on sprouted
seeds) and such that aid digestion and the absorption of certain minerals,
vitamins and trace elements.

We have a 3 tier sprouter from BioSnacky - put the seeds in, different in
each tier if you wish, pour a pint of clean cold water into the top tier,
and it runs down wetting each layer - pour out and change the water once or
twice a day, pretty soon you have lots of crunchy, tender sprouts for
salads, stir fries etc.

Mung beans are nice (typical Chinese bean sprouts), as are adouki (tastier
than the mung IME), but one of my favourites was methi (fenugreek - got into
the habit of calling it methi because we usually have it labelled that way
in the Asian stores here) seeds - grown in shade, partial light or full
light gives 3 slightly different tastes and textures.

You can buy packs of mixed seeds especially for sprouting, that have a very
tasty, spicy blend, almost hot - loved those in a salad, hmmmmm!

Shaun aRe

Katra

In article ws.net>,
"Shaun aRe" > wrote:

> "Katra" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> > > Oh, sure. Like I'm going to open the "to soak or not to soak, that is
> > > the question" thread.
> > >
> > > I don't soak them.
> > >
> > > Oh, jeez. I did it....
> > >
> > > Pastorio

> > <lol> I've started beans from the dry state in the pressure cooker, they
> > did fine.
> >
> > My dad is of the notion that ALL beans need to be soaked for at least 2
> > days with several rinses until they start to SPROUT. See, beans have
> > greater nutritional value if they germinate prior to cooking them.
> >
> > According to dad....... ;-)

> It's actually supposedly true - upon sprouting they start to produce certain
> enzymes (? - been a few weeks since I read the nutrition paper on sprouted
> seeds) and such that aid digestion and the absorption of certain minerals,
> vitamins and trace elements.

Hmmmmmmm...
But sprouts are no longer beans! :-)

> We have a 3 tier sprouter from BioSnacky - put the seeds in, different in
> each tier if you wish, pour a pint of clean cold water into the top tier,
> and it runs down wetting each layer - pour out and change the water once or
> twice a day, pretty soon you have lots of crunchy, tender sprouts for
> salads, stir fries etc.
>
> Mung beans are nice (typical Chinese bean sprouts), as are adouki (tastier
> than the mung IME), but one of my favourites was methi (fenugreek - got into
> the habit of calling it methi because we usually have it labelled that way
> in the Asian stores here) seeds - grown in shade, partial light or full
> light gives 3 slightly different tastes and textures.
>
> You can buy packs of mixed seeds especially for sprouting, that have a very
> tasty, spicy blend, almost hot - loved those in a salad, hmmmmm!
>
> Shaun aRe

I love sprouts!
Have not had much luck with a sprouter tho' so I usually just go and buy
them. Mung bean sprouts, Alfalfa sprouts, radish sprouts.... and our
favorite, SUNFLOWER sprouts! Those are fabulous in salads and sammiches.
;-d

--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain

Phred

In article >,
Katra > wrote:
>In article ws.net>,
> "Shaun aRe" > wrote:

[snip]
>> We have a 3 tier sprouter from BioSnacky - put the seeds in, different in
>> each tier if you wish, pour a pint of clean cold water into the top tier,
>> and it runs down wetting each layer - pour out and change the water once or
>> twice a day, pretty soon you have lots of crunchy, tender sprouts for
>> salads, stir fries etc.
>>
>> Mung beans are nice (typical Chinese bean sprouts), as are adouki (tastier
>> than the mung IME), but one of my favourites was methi (fenugreek - got into
>> the habit of calling it methi because we usually have it labelled that way
>> in the Asian stores here) seeds - grown in shade, partial light or full
>> light gives 3 slightly different tastes and textures.
>>
>> You can buy packs of mixed seeds especially for sprouting, that have a very
>> tasty, spicy blend, almost hot - loved those in a salad, hmmmmm!

>I love sprouts!
>Have not had much luck with a sprouter tho' so I usually just go and buy
>them. Mung bean sprouts, Alfalfa sprouts, radish sprouts.... and our
>favorite, SUNFLOWER sprouts! Those are fabulous in salads and sammiches.

Possibly more than you wanted to know about sprouts and sprouting:

<http://www.primalseeds.org/sprouting.htm>

Learnt something too in simply googling for "sprouting seeds",
thinking I would get pages of instructions for doing the job.
Instead, it seems "sprouting seeds" is also a retail line
distinguished from those "ordinary" seeds which haven't been "through
an amazingly complete cleaning", to quote one web site. :-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Shaun aRe

"Katra" > wrote in message
> In article ws.net>,
> "Shaun aRe" > wrote:

> > > <lol> I've started beans from the dry state in the pressure cooker,

they
> > > did fine.
> > >
> > > My dad is of the notion that ALL beans need to be soaked for at least

2
> > > days with several rinses until they start to SPROUT. See, beans have
> > > greater nutritional value if they germinate prior to cooking them.
> > >
> > > According to dad....... ;-)

> > It's actually supposedly true - upon sprouting they start to produce

certain
> > enzymes (? - been a few weeks since I read the nutrition paper on

sprouted
> > seeds) and such that aid digestion and the absorption of certain

minerals,
> > vitamins and trace elements.

> Hmmmmmmm...
> But sprouts are no longer beans! :-)

You don't need to sprout them all the way - once they show a shoot is
enough!

> > We have a 3 tier sprouter from BioSnacky - put the seeds in, different

in
> > each tier if you wish, pour a pint of clean cold water into the top

tier,
> > and it runs down wetting each layer - pour out and change the water once

or
> > twice a day, pretty soon you have lots of crunchy, tender sprouts for
> > salads, stir fries etc.
> >
> > Mung beans are nice (typical Chinese bean sprouts), as are adouki

(tastier
> > than the mung IME), but one of my favourites was methi (fenugreek - got

into
> > the habit of calling it methi because we usually have it labelled that

way
> > in the Asian stores here) seeds - grown in shade, partial light or full
> > light gives 3 slightly different tastes and textures.
> >
> > You can buy packs of mixed seeds especially for sprouting, that have a

very
> > tasty, spicy blend, almost hot - loved those in a salad, hmmmmm!
> >
> > Shaun aRe

> I love sprouts!
> Have not had much luck with a sprouter tho' so I usually just go and buy
> them. Mung bean sprouts, Alfalfa sprouts, radish sprouts.... and our
> favorite, SUNFLOWER sprouts! Those are fabulous in salads and sammiches.
> ;-d

Yup! Had all those! The radish ones were nice, quite a bite to them, same
with some of the mustard type ones...

Hey - this sprouter is really good BTW, much better than the other ones Kath
tried (crap!!!) - just the simple way it works, is really effective - it
keeps the seeds moist the whole time without drowning them, and there's
plenty of space! You can basically use it as a perpetual sprouter if you
rotate the tiers - takes 2 to 3 days usually.

Shaun aRe

Katra

In article >,
(Phred) wrote:

> In article >,
> Katra > wrote:
> >In article ws.net>,
> > "Shaun aRe" > wrote:

> [snip]
> >> We have a 3 tier sprouter from BioSnacky - put the seeds in, different in
> >> each tier if you wish, pour a pint of clean cold water into the top tier,
> >> and it runs down wetting each layer - pour out and change the water once
> >> or
> >> twice a day, pretty soon you have lots of crunchy, tender sprouts for
> >> salads, stir fries etc.
> >>
> >> Mung beans are nice (typical Chinese bean sprouts), as are adouki (tastier
> >> than the mung IME), but one of my favourites was methi (fenugreek - got
> >> into
> >> the habit of calling it methi because we usually have it labelled that way
> >> in the Asian stores here) seeds - grown in shade, partial light or full
> >> light gives 3 slightly different tastes and textures.
> >>
> >> You can buy packs of mixed seeds especially for sprouting, that have a
> >> very
> >> tasty, spicy blend, almost hot - loved those in a salad, hmmmmm!

> >I love sprouts!
> >Have not had much luck with a sprouter tho' so I usually just go and buy
> >them. Mung bean sprouts, Alfalfa sprouts, radish sprouts.... and our
> >favorite, SUNFLOWER sprouts! Those are fabulous in salads and sammiches.

> Possibly more than you wanted to know about sprouts and sprouting:
>
> <http://www.primalseeds.org/sprouting.htm>
>
> Learnt something too in simply googling for "sprouting seeds",
> thinking I would get pages of instructions for doing the job.
> Instead, it seems "sprouting seeds" is also a retail line
> distinguished from those "ordinary" seeds which haven't been "through
> an amazingly complete cleaning", to quote one web site. :-)
>
> Cheers, Phred.

Groovy, thanks!
I'll czech that out!
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Katra

In article ws.net>,
"Shaun aRe" > wrote:

> "Katra" > wrote in message
>

> > Hmmmmmmm...
> > But sprouts are no longer beans! :-)

> You don't need to sprout them all the way - once they show a shoot is
> enough!

Just once they split.
That's what dad says.

I've not eaten beans in years due to the carb content.
I'm fixin' to go ahead and order from that website as I've not had any
luck locally.

I MISS beans dammit!!!

> > I love sprouts!
> > Have not had much luck with a sprouter tho' so I usually just go and buy
> > them. Mung bean sprouts, Alfalfa sprouts, radish sprouts.... and our
> > favorite, SUNFLOWER sprouts! Those are fabulous in salads and sammiches.
> > ;-d

> Yup! Had all those! The radish ones were nice, quite a bite to them, same
> with some of the mustard type ones...

Usually, alfalfa and radish are mixed.
That milds them down a bit. They are WONderful in a pita!

Good fiber source too. IYNWIM!

> Hey - this sprouter is really good BTW, much better than the other ones Kath
> tried (crap!!!) - just the simple way it works, is really effective - it
> keeps the seeds moist the whole time without drowning them, and there's
> plenty of space! You can basically use it as a perpetual sprouter if you
> rotate the tiers - takes 2 to 3 days usually.
>

> Shaun aRe

Jpeg???

--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Shaun aRe

"Katra" > wrote in message
> In article ws.net>,
> "Shaun aRe" > wrote:

> > You don't need to sprout them all the way - once they show a shoot is
> > enough!

> Just once they split.
> That's what dad says.
>
> I've not eaten beans in years due to the carb content.
> I'm fixin' to go ahead and order from that website as I've not had any
> luck locally.
>
> I MISS beans dammit!!!

Beans good food. Yum!

> > > I love sprouts!
> > > Have not had much luck with a sprouter tho' so I usually just go and

buy
> > > them. Mung bean sprouts, Alfalfa sprouts, radish sprouts.... and our
> > > favorite, SUNFLOWER sprouts! Those are fabulous in salads and

sammiches.
> > > ;-d

> > Yup! Had all those! The radish ones were nice, quite a bite to them,

same
> > with some of the mustard type ones...

> Usually, alfalfa and radish are mixed.
> That milds them down a bit. They are WONderful in a pita!
>
> Good fiber source too. IYNWIM!

No shit ',;~}~

> > Hey - this sprouter is really good BTW, much better than the other ones

Kath
> > tried (crap!!!) - just the simple way it works, is really effective - it
> > keeps the seeds moist the whole time without drowning them, and there's
> > plenty of space! You can basically use it as a perpetual sprouter if you
> > rotate the tiers - takes 2 to 3 days usually.
> >

> > Shaun aRe

> Jpeg???

Links! (Spam! heheheheh):

http://www.grainmills.com.au/category47_1.htm

Is similar, but is larger than our by the looks of it and ours has a flatter
top. (Back to Google!)

Hmmm, same again but with different views - I'm starting to wonder if ours
is an older version:

http://www.biosupply.com/biosnacky_hydro12_sprouter.htm (Off again!)

This is a small pic of what we have - the red things are trickle valves that
release the water gradually from layer to layer below:

http://healthypulses.co.uk/system/index.html

And (click image for bigger):

http://www.energiseforlife.com/item-...r--SPR0003.htm

And again:

http://wholesale.alexander-essential...germinator.php

The last few are al pics and sources for the one we have. Upon closer
lookiedoo, ours looks to be better designed that the domed one that just has
run through grill holes in each layer, so I don't know why there's two
version out there.

Oh well, hope it helps anyway!

',;~}~

Shaun aRe - cheers Kat! I'll be off home soon for a beer and a smurk and a
relax with my TENS and REMEDI machines on my back LOL! - Haverguddun luv! XX
--
I have that exquisite feeling, the feeling that I was born a thousand years
ago,

Katra

In article ws.net>,
"Shaun aRe" > wrote:

> "Katra" > wrote in message
>
> > I MISS beans dammit!!!

> Beans good food. Yum!

My favorites are black beans and navy beans.
OTOH mashed pintos with cheese, salsa and chips ain't bad either. <lol>

> > Usually, alfalfa and radish are mixed.
> > That milds them down a bit. They are WONderful in a pita!
> >
> > Good fiber source too. IYNWIM!

> No shit ',;~}~

<snork>
Thanks. You owe me a new monitor.....
Was having my tea! <lol>

> > > Hey - this sprouter is really good BTW, much better than the other ones

> Kath
> > > tried (crap!!!) - just the simple way it works, is really effective - it
> > > keeps the seeds moist the whole time without drowning them, and there's
> > > plenty of space! You can basically use it as a perpetual sprouter if you
> > > rotate the tiers - takes 2 to 3 days usually.
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe

> > Jpeg???

> Links! (Spam! heheheheh):
>
> http://www.grainmills.com.au/category47_1.htm

Ooh Ooh Ooh! I LIKE that one!!!
I'll have to do some websearches and see if I can find it within the US,
or see if they will export?

> Is similar, but is larger than our by the looks of it and ours has a flatter
> top. (Back to Google!)
>
> Hmmm, same again but with different views - I'm starting to wonder if ours
> is an older version:
>
> http://www.biosupply.com/biosnacky_hydro12_sprouter.htm (Off again!)

Hmmmmm... no country of origin there.

> This is a small pic of what we have - the red things are trickle valves that
> release the water gradually from layer to layer below:
>
> http://healthypulses.co.uk/system/index.html
>
> And (click image for bigger):
>
> http://www.energiseforlife.com/item-...r--SPR0003.htm

Good price!

> And again:
>
> http://wholesale.alexander-essential...germinator.php
>
> The last few are al pics and sources for the one we have. Upon closer
> lookiedoo, ours looks to be better designed that the domed one that just has
> run through grill holes in each layer, so I don't know why there's two
> version out there.
>
> Oh well, hope it helps anyway!
>
> ',;~}~

Yes, it does indeed, thank you!
I LOVE sprouts and have not had much luck with jar sprouting.
Supposed to just be able to use a widemouth quart jar with a screen lid.
Rinse every day and dump the water out the screen lid.

Tends to be a bit too humid here sometimes so things mold. :-P

I wonder if shelled sunflower seeds would sprout? I note that the ones I
buy have the occasional shell in them so I have to pick those out prior
to serving them.

> Shaun aRe - cheers Kat! I'll be off home soon for a beer and a smurk and a
> relax with my TENS and REMEDI machines on my back LOL! - Haverguddun luv! XX

Hugs! :-)

> --
> I have that exquisite feeling, the feeling that I was born a thousand years
> ago,
> and yet have experienced every moment of that thousand years,
> as if through the senses of an enchanted child.
> This is the source of my love of life, my enjoyment of others,
> the very seed of my happiness.

Neat.

Have a good weekend luv!
Kat

--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Shaun aRe

"Katra" > wrote in message
> In article ws.net>,
> "Shaun aRe" > wrote:
>
> > "Katra" > wrote in message
> >
> > > I MISS beans dammit!!!

> > Beans good food. Yum!

> My favorites are black beans and navy beans.
> OTOH mashed pintos with cheese, salsa and chips ain't bad either. <lol>

Heheheh, sounds good.

Butter beans? Not had any in a while but used to like those. ',;~}~

> > > Usually, alfalfa and radish are mixed.
> > > That milds them down a bit. They are WONderful in a pita!
> > >
> > > Good fiber source too. IYNWIM!

> > No shit ',;~}~

> <snork>
> Thanks. You owe me a new monitor.....
> Was having my tea! <lol>

I would say sorry for that but that would make a liar of me ',;~}~

ones
> > Kath

effective - it

there's

you

> > > Jpeg???

> > Links! (Spam! heheheheh):
> >
> > http://www.grainmills.com.au/category47_1.htm

> Ooh Ooh Ooh! I LIKE that one!!!
> I'll have to do some websearches and see if I can find it within the US,
> or see if they will export?
>

> > Is similar, but is larger than our by the looks of it and ours has a

flatter
> > top. (Back to Google!)
> >
> > Hmmm, same again but with different views - I'm starting to wonder if

ours
> > is an older version:
> >
> > http://www.biosupply.com/biosnacky_hydro12_sprouter.htm (Off again!)

> Hmmmmm... no country of origin there.
>

> > This is a small pic of what we have - the red things are trickle valves

that
> > release the water gradually from layer to layer below:
> >
> > http://healthypulses.co.uk/system/index.html
> >
> > And (click image for bigger):

http://www.energiseforlife.com/item-...r--SPR0003.htm

> Good price!
>

> > And again:
> >
> > http://wholesale.alexander-essential...germinator.php
> >
> > The last few are al pics and sources for the one we have. Upon closer
> > lookiedoo, ours looks to be better designed that the domed one that just

has
> > run through grill holes in each layer, so I don't know why there's two
> > version out there.
> >
> > Oh well, hope it helps anyway!
> >
> > ',;~}~

> Yes, it does indeed, thank you!
> I LOVE sprouts and have not had much luck with jar sprouting.
> Supposed to just be able to use a widemouth quart jar with a screen lid.
> Rinse every day and dump the water out the screen lid.

Yup - that's what Kath was doing for a while but got sick of it.

The sprouter unit we have looks better inside than the first one I linked
to - it doesn't have a simple grill bottom of each tier - it has grooves
right across that hold just a smidgen of water as it drains from layer to
layer - that seems to be good for the seeds to sprout quickly.

> Tends to be a bit too humid here sometimes so things mold. :-P
>
> I wonder if shelled sunflower seeds would sprout? I note that the ones I
> buy have the occasional shell in them so I have to pick those out prior
> to serving them.

Well, you could give them a try!

> > Shaun aRe - cheers Kat! I'll be off home soon for a beer and a smurk and

> > relax with my TENS and REMEDI machines on my back LOL! - Haverguddun

luv! XX

> Hugs! :-)
>
> > --
> > I have that exquisite feeling, the feeling that I was born a thousand

years
> > ago,
> > and yet have experienced every moment of that thousand years,
> > as if through the senses of an enchanted child.
> > This is the source of my love of life, my enjoyment of others,
> > the very seed of my happiness.
> >

> Neat.

',;~}~

> Have a good weekend luv!
> Kat

Thanks - apart from the whole hospital/lack of sleep thing I had a good one
LOL!

Shaun aRe

Katra

In article ws.net>,
"Shaun aRe" > wrote:

> "Katra" > wrote in message
> > In article ws.net>,

> > > Beans good food. Yum!

> > My favorites are black beans and navy beans.
> > OTOH mashed pintos with cheese, salsa and chips ain't bad either. <lol>

> Heheheh, sounds good.
>
> Butter beans? Not had any in a while but used to like those. ',;~}~

I've never eaten butter beans?
What are they like?

> > > No shit ',;~}~

> > <snork>
> > Thanks. You owe me a new monitor.....
> > Was having my tea! <lol>

> I would say sorry for that but that would make a liar of me ',;~}~

;-D

<snipped sprouter references>

> > > Oh well, hope it helps anyway!
> > >
> > > ',;~}~

> > Yes, it does indeed, thank you!
> > I LOVE sprouts and have not had much luck with jar sprouting.
> > Supposed to just be able to use a widemouth quart jar with a screen lid.
> > Rinse every day and dump the water out the screen lid.

> Yup - that's what Kath was doing for a while but got sick of it.

I just can't get it to work!

> The sprouter unit we have looks better inside than the first one I linked
> to - it doesn't have a simple grill bottom of each tier - it has grooves
> right across that hold just a smidgen of water as it drains from layer to
> layer - that seems to be good for the seeds to sprout quickly.

Speaking of jar growing, I'm running an egg incubator right now for my
bantam eggs as I lost a few to a predator.
I'm wondering if 99 tp 101 would be good for growing yogurt!

There is space for a quart jar in the incubator. ;-)

> > Tends to be a bit too humid here sometimes so things mold. :-P
> >
> > I wonder if shelled sunflower seeds would sprout? I note that the ones I
> > buy have the occasional shell in them so I have to pick those out prior
> > to serving them.

> Well, you could give them a try!

I'm guessing that with a good rinse, the shells would float.

> > > Shaun aRe - cheers Kat! I'll be off home soon for a beer and a smurk and

> > > relax with my TENS and REMEDI machines on my back LOL! - Haverguddun

> luv! XX
> >
> > Hugs! :-)
> >
> > > --
> > > I have that exquisite feeling, the feeling that I was born a thousand

> years
> > > ago,
> > > and yet have experienced every moment of that thousand years,
> > > as if through the senses of an enchanted child.
> > > This is the source of my love of life, my enjoyment of others,
> > > the very seed of my happiness.
> > >

> > Neat.

> ',;~}~
>
> > Have a good weekend luv!
> > Kat

> Thanks - apart from the whole hospital/lack of sleep thing I had a good one
> LOL!
>

> Shaun aRe

I have to work again this coming w/e. :-P

--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Shaun aRe

"Katra" > wrote in message

> > > My favorites are black beans and navy beans.
> > > OTOH mashed pintos with cheese, salsa and chips ain't bad either.

<lol>

> > Heheheh, sounds good.
> >
> > Butter beans? Not had any in a while but used to like those. ',;~}~

> I've never eaten butter beans?
> What are they like?

Big, oval, flat and white, quite creamy tasting IMO. Might go by other names
too I suppose...

> > > <snork>
> > > Thanks. You owe me a new monitor.....
> > > Was having my tea! <lol>

> > I would say sorry for that but that would make a liar of me ',;~}~

> ;-D

<EG!>

> > > Yes, it does indeed, thank you!
> > > I LOVE sprouts and have not had much luck with jar sprouting.
> > > Supposed to just be able to use a widemouth quart jar with a screen

lid.
> > > Rinse every day and dump the water out the screen lid.

> > Yup - that's what Kath was doing for a while but got sick of it.

> I just can't get it to work!

You can't get them to even sprout?!?

> > The sprouter unit we have looks better inside than the first one I

linked
> > to - it doesn't have a simple grill bottom of each tier - it has grooves
> > right across that hold just a smidgen of water as it drains from layer

> > layer - that seems to be good for the seeds to sprout quickly.

> Speaking of jar growing, I'm running an egg incubator right now for my
> bantam eggs as I lost a few to a predator.

Oops ;-(

> I'm wondering if 99 tp 101

WTF's that mean?... Oh, 99 to 101 deg. F is it?

> would be good for growing yogurt!
>
> There is space for a quart jar in the incubator. ;-)

Might work - give it a try why not.

> > > Tends to be a bit too humid here sometimes so things mold. :-P
> > >
> > > I wonder if shelled sunflower seeds would sprout? I note that the ones

> > > buy have the occasional shell in them so I have to pick those out

prior
> > > to serving them.

> > Well, you could give them a try!

> I'm guessing that with a good rinse, the shells would float.

They will.

> I have to work again this coming w/e. :-P

Heh, so glad that I'm NOT!

Oh - We're actually drumming tomorrow in the town centre at Clitheroe, for
the Clitheroe Great Days of Music festival - should be fun! Just last night
re-skinned a djembe for one of the folk - it ain't gonna sound too great
tomorrow (needs time to dry/settle/tuned up/played/repeat etc.) - hope she
doesn't mind - I'd not been able to do it earlier because of my back and
then the bloody insomnia - ugh! I justhope she understands, or I'm in deep
shit LOL!

Cheers Kat ',;~}~

Shaun aRe XX

black beans fignewton Mexican Cooking 2 21-10-2013 11:44 AM
Canned Black Beans kilikini General Cooking 62 09-10-2006 05:42 PM
Black beans are calling!! kilikini General Cooking 15 07-10-2006 05:41 PM
Black Beans - Cuban Black Bean Soup Langerhans Diabetic 0 10-07-2005 09:04 PM
fermented black beans chillimartin Asian Cooking 6 10-12-2003 02:52 PM