Chris Neidecker

Default Best Scrambled Eggs Ever :-)

Well, they might not have been the best that you or I have ever eaten, but
they were definitely the best that my 8-year-old son has ever eaten. He
made them himself, for the first time.

We had woken up and gone for an early morning walk, and we made a bet about
some silly thing we were going to see on our way. The loser was to make
breakfast for the winner -- and I won.

So once we headed home, scrambled egg lessons commenced. He did great!
They were really pretty good (I pitched in and made the toast -- didn't
think multitasking was a good idea on the first go-round).

Needless to say, we've been eating a lot of scrambled eggs since then, as
he's hot to practice. Next lesson: French toast, then maybe cheese
omelettes, then quesadillas,....

It was great to see the look on his face when he served that first batch of
eggs to my husband and me...and it was great to see him eat such a big
breakfast!

Chris

Felice Friese

"Chris Neidecker" > wrote in message
> Well, they might not have been the best that you or I have ever eaten, but
> they were definitely the best that my 8-year-old son has ever eaten. He
> made them himself, for the first time.
>
> We had woken up and gone for an early morning walk, and we made a bet
> about some silly thing we were going to see on our way. The loser was to
> make breakfast for the winner -- and I won.
>
> So once we headed home, scrambled egg lessons commenced. He did great!
> They were really pretty good (I pitched in and made the toast -- didn't
> think multitasking was a good idea on the first go-round).
>
> Needless to say, we've been eating a lot of scrambled eggs since then, as
> he's hot to practice. Next lesson: French toast, then maybe cheese
> omelettes, then quesadillas,....
>
> It was great to see the look on his face when he served that first batch
> of eggs to my husband and me...and it was great to see him eat such a big
> breakfast!
>
> Chris

And it was great, too, to read about a lovely parent/child experience in the
kitchen!

Felice

AlleyGator

"Chris Neidecker" > wrote:

>Well, they might not have been the best that you or I have ever eaten, but
>they were definitely the best that my 8-year-old son has ever eaten. He
>made them himself, for the first time.

That is seriously cool. Every man needs to learn to cook for himself.
Maybe not gourmet, but at least edible.
kilikini

Chris Neidecker wrote:
> Well, they might not have been the best that you or I have ever
> eaten, but they were definitely the best that my 8-year-old son has
> ever eaten. He made them himself, for the first time.
>
> We had woken up and gone for an early morning walk, and we made a bet
> about some silly thing we were going to see on our way. The loser
> was to make breakfast for the winner -- and I won.
>
> So once we headed home, scrambled egg lessons commenced. He did
> great! They were really pretty good (I pitched in and made the toast
> -- didn't think multitasking was a good idea on the first go-round).
>
> Needless to say, we've been eating a lot of scrambled eggs since
> then, as he's hot to practice. Next lesson: French toast, then
> maybe cheese omelettes, then quesadillas,....
>
> It was great to see the look on his face when he served that first
> batch of eggs to my husband and me...and it was great to see him eat
> such a big breakfast!
>
> Chris

Your story absolutely made me smile. I hope he takes an active interest in
cooking from this point on. It's really not hard!

kili

Wazza

"Chris Neidecker" > wrote in message
> Well, they might not have been the best that you or I have ever eaten, but
> they were definitely the best that my 8-year-old son has ever eaten. He
> made them himself, for the first time.
>
> We had woken up and gone for an early morning walk, and we made a bet

about
> some silly thing we were going to see on our way. The loser was to make
> breakfast for the winner -- and I won.
>
> So once we headed home, scrambled egg lessons commenced. He did great!
> They were really pretty good (I pitched in and made the toast -- didn't
> think multitasking was a good idea on the first go-round).
>
> Needless to say, we've been eating a lot of scrambled eggs since then, as
> he's hot to practice. Next lesson: French toast, then maybe cheese
> omelettes, then quesadillas,....
>
> It was great to see the look on his face when he served that first batch

of
> eggs to my husband and me...and it was great to see him eat such a big
> breakfast!

lovely.
I was eight when I cooked my first Victoria Sandwich cake, all alone in the
kitchen (Mum had popped out to the shops!)
I decided on this cake because my Dad, (a head chef) had been to my school
to judge the Moms' Victoria Sandwich competition, and I (being 8 and
ignorant of such things) wondered what all the fuss was about! My cake
seemed to perfect for me, no else did, as I didn't have any left for them. I
have never made another cake to this day, maybe I should.
Thanks for joggin' the memories, Chris, and best of luck to your son with
what is a wonderfully enjoyable and useful thing to learn.
cheers
Wazza

Dimitri

"Chris Neidecker" > wrote in message
> Well, they might not have been the best that you or I have ever eaten, but
> they were definitely the best that my 8-year-old son has ever eaten. He
> made them himself, for the first time.

<snip>

> Chris

Very Kewl.

Give them a fish they eat today - teach them to fish and they eat for a
lifetime.

Keep up the good work!

Next project ?

Cinnamon Toast?

Dimitri

Andy

"Chris Neidecker" > wrote in

> It was great to see the look on his face when he served that first
> batch of eggs to my husband and me...and it was great to see him eat
> such a big breakfast!
>
> Chris

Chris,

The culinary equivalent to "Mama."

Congrats!

Andy
Wazza

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
m...

> "Chris Neidecker" > wrote in message
> > Well, they might not have been the best that you or I have ever eaten,

but
> > they were definitely the best that my 8-year-old son has ever eaten. He
> > made them himself, for the first time.

> <snip>
>
> > Chris

> Very Kewl.
>
> Give them a fish they eat today - teach them to fish and they eat for a
> lifetime.

<snip> teach them about fish farming, and they have an income, food and a
business for their children to inherit. Too much already!!
cheers
Wazza

-L.

Chris Neidecker wrote:
> Well, they might not have been the best that you or I have ever

eaten, but
> they were definitely the best that my 8-year-old son has ever eaten.

He
> made them himself, for the first time.

<snip>

Sweet!

Also have him try pancakes. Those were one of my first successes as
well.

-L.

Chris Neidecker

"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Also have him try pancakes. Those were one of my first successes as
> well.

Great thinking! He would love to try that. He made a cheese omelette last
night for his dinner after baseball practice. The omelette required a lot
of help, and he needs more practice, but hey, if I can get him to be a
proficient pancake maker...that will make for some nice weekend mornings.
:-)

Ed Kim

Chris Neidecker wrote:
> Well, they might not have been the best that you or I have ever

eaten, but
> they were definitely the best that my 8-year-old son has ever eaten.

He
> made them himself, for the first time.

*snip*

coool.!

poached Eggs and hollandaise up next!

-goro-

-L.

Chris Neidecker wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >

> > Also have him try pancakes. Those were one of my first successes

as
> > well.
> >

> Great thinking! He would love to try that. He made a cheese

omelette last
> night for his dinner after baseball practice. The omelette required

a lot
> of help, and he needs more practice, but hey, if I can get him to be

> proficient pancake maker...that will make for some nice weekend

mornings.
> :-)

Hey, I'm all for getting the kids as self-sufficient as possible, as
soon as possible. I have my 14-month-old wipe up the floor after
his meal - he loves to do it, too!

-L.

Chuck Kopsho

Dear Chris,
I think teaching your kid to cook is something is one of the coolest
things. It gives them a skill that they'll need when they become adults.

Cheers,
Chuck Kopsho
Oceanside, California

projectile vomit chick

Yes keep him eating those big breakfasts.....by the time he's in high
school he'll be weighing in at a metric ton, just like you. Next time
just cut to the chase and feed him peanut butter and banana sandwiches
deep fried in lard.

Fat ass.

Chris Neidecker

"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Yes keep him eating those big breakfasts.....by the time he's in high
> school he'll be weighing in at a metric ton, just like you. Next time
> just cut to the chase and feed him peanut butter and banana sandwiches
> deep fried in lard.
>
> Fat ass.

Banana? Naaaah, too healthy. Peanut butter and bacon on a croissant is our
usual concoction. But deep frying in lard? Hmmm,....nice touch, we'll all
enjoy that!