Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Scrambled eggs and ?

What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
or...

TIA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2015 9:48 AM, KenK wrote:
> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> or...
>
> TIA

I occasionally make bacon, egg and cheese omelettes. For scrambled eggs
I generally don't add anything other than salt & pepper. I may cook
some bacon or sausage on the side but not often.

I don't eat a lot of eggs. Scrambled eggs, maybe once a month. An
omelette, less often than that. Sometimes I make "breakfast for dinner"
but that also isn't often.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-05, KenK > wrote:
> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> or...

I no longer eat scrambled eggs. I prefer a quiche or my own Eggs
Garp.

----------

EGGS GARP
=========

1/3-1/2 lb bacon
6-8 lrg eggs, beaten
2-3 T bacon grease
1 med/lrg onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz fresh wht mushrooms, sliced
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
S&P

Fry up bacon and put aside. Saute chopped onion and sliced 'shrooms
in bacon grease, adding minced garlic towards end. Add crumbled bacon
to sauteed veggies. Add eggs and stir, like a scramble. Jes before
eggs begin to set up, add grated cheese and continue stirring. When
eggs have set up and cheese has melted, add Salt/pepper to taste and
serve. Hot sauce on the side can't hurt (Cholula, Sriracha, etc).

----------

FWIW, garp is my childhood term for vomit.

Enjoy =D
nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5 Oct 2015 13:48:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>or...
>
>TIA

I make scrambled eggs stirred into a batch of fried potatoes, fried
diced bacon, red bell pepper and onion.
http://tinyurl.com/qbmdjb3
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B wrote:

> On 5 Oct 2015 13:48:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>
> >What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> >or...
> >
> >TIA

> I make scrambled eggs stirred into a batch of fried potatoes, fried
> diced bacon, red bell pepper and onion.

I'm cooking almost exactly that right now.

Fried potatoes, diced spam, blackened green pepper, lots of onion. A
bit of worchest...sauce. All of that is almost done, then I will stir
in several scrambled eggs (scrambled while raw) and the meal will be
done.

Sheldon posted this meal just a few days ago. Pay attention.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2015 7:48 AM, KenK wrote:
> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> or...
>
> TIA

Prosciutto.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Janet B wrote:
>>
>> On 5 Oct 2015 13:48:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>>
>> >What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>> >or...
>> >
>> >TIA

>> I make scrambled eggs stirred into a batch of fried potatoes, fried
>> diced bacon, red bell pepper and onion.

> I'm cooking almost exactly that right now.
>
> Fried potatoes, diced spam, blackened green pepper, lots of onion. A
> bit of worchest...sauce. All of that is almost done, then I will stir
> in several scrambled eggs (scrambled while raw) and the meal will be
> done.
>
> Sheldon posted this meal just a few days ago. Pay attention.

What??? No mushrooms????

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2015 9:17 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Bacon, sausage, cheese, prosciutto/ham

You fat pig.

Learn to exercise and stop gorging your needy little piehole.

You DISGUST normal folk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/10/2015 7:48 AM, KenK wrote:
> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> or...
>
> TIA

Truffle, a very generous grating!
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 12:07:58 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Janet B wrote:
>>
>> On 5 Oct 2015 13:48:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>>
>> >What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>> >or...
>> >
>> >TIA

>> I make scrambled eggs stirred into a batch of fried potatoes, fried
>> diced bacon, red bell pepper and onion.

>I'm cooking almost exactly that right now.
>
>Fried potatoes, diced spam, blackened green pepper, lots of onion. A
>bit of worchest...sauce. All of that is almost done, then I will stir
>in several scrambled eggs (scrambled while raw) and the meal will be
>done.
>
>Sheldon posted this meal just a few days ago. Pay attention.

pay attention to what? The OP asked and I responded.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 12:07:58 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Janet B wrote:

>>> I make scrambled eggs stirred into a batch of fried potatoes, fried
>>> diced bacon, red bell pepper and onion.

>>I'm cooking almost exactly that right now.
>>
>>Fried potatoes, diced spam, blackened green pepper, lots of onion. A
>>bit of worchest...sauce. All of that is almost done, then I will stir
>>in several scrambled eggs (scrambled while raw) and the meal will be
>>done.
>>
>>Sheldon posted this meal just a few days ago. Pay attention.

> pay attention to what? The OP asked and I responded.
> Janet US

Yes, it's not exactly a top secret meal that needs attention paid to it. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2015 10:35 AM, graham wrote:
> On 05/10/2015 7:48 AM, KenK wrote:
>> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>> or...
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Truffle, a very generous grating!
> Graham

Shave a knuckle off while you're at it, canucklehead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-05 9:48 AM, KenK wrote:
> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> or...

Spinach and hot sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote:
> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> or...
>
> TIA

chorizo

I also like bacon & cheese omelettes, with home fries

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5 Oct 2015 13:48:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>or...
>
>TIA

It's very tasty! Cook a package of Sausage, crumble and set aside.
Pour Scrambled Eggs into the frying pan. Just as they begin to firm
up, spread the crumbled Sausage across the pan and stir up with the
Eggs. Should be loaded with carbs so through in a couple slices of
buttered Toast.

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2015 12:15 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Janet B wrote:

>>> Cheese?

>>> I make scrambled eggs stirred into a batch of fried potatoes, fried
>>> diced bacon, red bell pepper and onion.

>> I'm cooking almost exactly that right now.
>>
>> Fried potatoes, diced spam, blackened green pepper, lots of onion. A
>> bit of worchest...sauce. All of that is almost done, then I will stir
>> in several scrambled eggs (scrambled while raw) and the meal will be
>> done.
>>
>> Sheldon posted this meal just a few days ago. Pay attention.

> What??? No mushrooms????

Sheldon didn't add onions. His dining companion doesn't eat onions.
Whether or not he meant his wife or a cat, I'm not sure. But pay
attention, Gary!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2015 12:35 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 12:07:58 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Janet B wrote:

>>> I make scrambled eggs stirred into a batch of fried potatoes, fried
>>> diced bacon, red bell pepper and onion.

>> I'm cooking almost exactly that right now.
>>
>> Fried potatoes, diced spam, blackened green pepper, lots of onion. A
>> bit of worchest...sauce. All of that is almost done, then I will stir
>> in several scrambled eggs (scrambled while raw) and the meal will be
>> done.
>>
>> Sheldon posted this meal just a few days ago. Pay attention.

> pay attention to what? The OP asked and I responded.
> Janet US

It was Gary who replied, "Pay attention". Gary is the one who didn't
pay attention. Sheldon specifically stated he didn't add onion to that
egg and potato skillet dish.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

SqwertzFailedHomeEc wrote:
>KenK wrote:
>
>> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>> or...

>Bacon, sausage, cheese, prosciutto/ham works for me. But never
>vegetables like onion, tomato, or green pepper that exude water and
>make eggs slimy.

If you knew how to cook you'd saute the veggies to remove most of the
water before pouring in the beaten eggs... besides no one enjoys an
omelet prepared with raw veggies... and you should learn how to spell
slimey, Slim. Cooking prosciutto is an expensive waste, it adds
nothing to an omelet but salt and toughens the ham, prosciutto isn't
smoked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B wrote:
>KenK wrote:
>
>>What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>>or...
>>
>>TIA

>I make scrambled eggs stirred into a batch of fried potatoes, fried
>diced bacon, red bell pepper and onion.
>http://tinyurl.com/qbmdjb3

'Zactly, saute the veggies before adding eggs.
Looks good, but I prefer more eggs to bind it together...
a dozen eggs makes four servings.
Cooking first side:
http://i59.tinypic.com/fpifa.jpg
Cooking side two:
http://i62.tinypic.com/2v8qy3t.jpg
Eaten off cheap paper plates sucks up extra fat:
http://i57.tinypic.com/11mfed4.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 12:07:58 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Janet B wrote:
>>
>> On 5 Oct 2015 13:48:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>>
>> >What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>> >or...
>> >
>> >TIA

>> I make scrambled eggs stirred into a batch of fried potatoes, fried
>> diced bacon, red bell pepper and onion.

>I'm cooking almost exactly that right now.
>
>Fried potatoes, diced spam, blackened green pepper, lots of onion. A
>bit of worchest...sauce. All of that is almost done, then I will stir
>in several scrambled eggs (scrambled while raw) and the meal will be
>done.
>
>Sheldon posted this meal just a few days ago. Pay attention.

I do Fercocktah Westerns often... a great way to clean out the fridge.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:
>KenK wrote:
>> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>> or...
>>

>Truffle, a very generous grating!

Cream cheese and lox... a Goldie Lox!
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...eam-cheese-718
All else you need are real bialys and a pitcher of mimosas.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 10/5/2015 12:15 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I'm cooking almost exactly that right now.
>>>
>>> Fried potatoes, diced spam, blackened green pepper, lots of onion. A
>>> bit of worchest...sauce. All of that is almost done, then I will stir
>>> in several scrambled eggs (scrambled while raw) and the meal will be
>>> done.
>>>
>>> Sheldon posted this meal just a few days ago. Pay attention.

>> What??? No mushrooms????
>>

> Sheldon didn't add onions. His dining companion doesn't eat onions.
> Whether or not he meant his wife or a cat, I'm not sure. But pay
> attention, Gary!
>
> Jill

could be both

not legally of course

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> SqwertzFailedHomeEc wrote:
>>KenK wrote:
>>
>>> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>>> or...

>>Bacon, sausage, cheese, prosciutto/ham works for me. But never
>>vegetables like onion, tomato, or green pepper that exude water and
>>make eggs slimy.

> If you knew how to cook you'd saute the veggies to remove most of the
> water before pouring in the beaten eggs... besides no one enjoys an
> omelet prepared with raw veggies... and you should learn how to spell
> slimey, Slim. Cooking prosciutto is an expensive waste, it adds
> nothing to an omelet but salt and toughens the ham, prosciutto isn't
> smoked.

****en SHeldon... I'm laughing my ass off over here...please stop, my
abs are killin me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2015 9:48 AM, KenK wrote:
> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> or...

Thin sliced green peppers. Pork roll, maybe. Pepperoni.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5 Oct 2015 13:48:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>or...
>
>TIA

Canned salmon!

Actually, anything you'd do in an omelette, and you don't have to be
as careful. On restaurant I've gone to for breakfast keeps doing that
on me, I order a Denver omelette and it arrives as a scramble. I
point it out to the waiter but it doesn't really make much difference.

J.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 9:48:32 AM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> or...

Nothing, usually. About once a year, though, I add sautee a little
minced onion, diced tomato, and thinly sliced jalapeno and then
add my beaten egg to the pan.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5 Oct 2015 13:48:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>or...

All sorts of things like:

capsicum (peppers)
onions
chives
mushrooms
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 10:17:35 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

<snip>

>But never
>vegetables like onion, tomato, or green pepper that exude water and
>make eggs slimy.

I don't strike that problem much at all with peppers, things that do
contain liquid like tomatoes can be cooked separately then added to
the eggs (if you can bothered to go that far).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 14:14:55 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>Janet B wrote:
>>KenK wrote:
>>
>>>What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>>>or...
>>>
>>>TIA

>>I make scrambled eggs stirred into a batch of fried potatoes, fried
>>diced bacon, red bell pepper and onion.
>>http://tinyurl.com/qbmdjb3

>'Zactly, saute the veggies before adding eggs.
>Looks good, but I prefer more eggs to bind it together...
>a dozen eggs makes four servings.
>Cooking first side:
>http://i59.tinypic.com/fpifa.jpg
>Cooking side two:
>http://i62.tinypic.com/2v8qy3t.jpg
>Eaten off cheap paper plates sucks up extra fat:
>http://i57.tinypic.com/11mfed4.jpg

I don't do eggs to bind it together. The eggs are scrambled
separately and stirred in just before serving. It's really more like
a hash.
You're essentially doing a frittata.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-05 5:32 PM, l not -l wrote:

> I eat omelets several days/week; but, when I change things up with
> scrambled, they will likely incorporate one, or more, of the following:
> - cheese
> - diced green chiles
> - diced onion

My wife loves omelets and has them several times a week. That has always
been one of my least favourite ways to eat eggs. I don't mind cooking
them, but I generally don't like eating them.

> When I really want to go crazy, I smother scrambled eggs with sausage gravy.

Okay... that would be a double yuck for me, but ..... whatever turns
your crank.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2015 5:32 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 5-Oct-2015, KenK > wrote:
>
>> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>> or...
>>
>> TIA

> I eat omelets several days/week; but, when I change things up with
> scrambled, they will likely incorporate one, or more, of the following:
> - cheese
> - diced green chiles
> - diced onion
>
> When I really want to go crazy, I smother scrambled eggs with sausage gravy.

That's one I haven't tried. I do like sausage gravy occasionally but it
never occurred to me to serve it over scrambled eggs. It still won't
occur to me.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message
> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> or...

I don't eat them but my daughter likes onion, red pepper and Feta cheese.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >Sheldon posted this meal just a few days ago. Pay attention.

> pay attention to what? The OP asked and I responded.

Sorry Janet. That was meant for Ken, not you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2015 3:35 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2015 13:48:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>
>> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>> or...

> All sorts of things like:
>
> capsicum (peppers)
> onions
> chives
> mushrooms

Love mushrooms in my scrambled eggs, too.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 10/5/2015 12:15 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> > What??? No mushrooms????
> >

> Sheldon didn't add onions. His dining companion doesn't eat onions.
> Whether or not he meant his wife or a cat, I'm not sure. But pay
> attention, Gary!

LOL!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> It was Gary who replied, "Pay attention". Gary is the one who didn't
> pay attention. Sheldon specifically stated he didn't add onion to that
> egg and potato skillet dish.

Funny how just two words can start trouble here.
BTW, I did pay attention and told Sheldon that I was going to
add some onions. It was a good thing. I was out of mushrooms.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5 Oct 2015 13:48:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
>or...
>
>TIA

Corned beef hash or
Chopped smoked sausage or
Shredded cheddar cheese or
Crispy fried southern style (cubed) hash browns
Or whatever strikes me as a novel and possibly tasty idea.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
>jmcquown wrote:
>>Ophelia wrote:
>> > What??? No mushrooms????
>> >

>> Sheldon didn't add onions. His dining companion doesn't eat onions.
>> Whether or not he meant his wife or a cat, I'm not sure. But pay
>> attention, Gary!

>LOL!

Neither... and onions are toxic for cats. We don't like mushrooms
with eggs either, shrooms with eggs are TIAD, very disgusting TIAD.
I love onions with eggs but not everyone can eat onions... I find it
difficult to cook without onions but I cook for my company, not for
me. When I cook for just me I use tons of onions. In fact they had
three pound bags of onions on sale today, BOGO, I got six pounds of
onions for $1.99. They had five pound bags of local white potatoes on
sale today BOGO, I got ten pounds for $3.99. I also got 24 cans of
Friskies cat food for $10. I get the weekly circular emailed so I can
take my time to check it all out carefully. The Tops market in town
has very good meat and I am in good standing with the butchers and
especially with the big bosomed blonde restocking lady who enjoys
discussing recipes with me. It's obvious to me that she likes that
I'm checking out her boobs, most fifty year old ladys consider that a
compliment, even if I'm old enough to be her father. If she didn't
enjoy my lechery it would be very easy for her to avoid me, but she
never does, she's always right there thrusting her D cups in my face.
She probably has no idea of my age, no one believes I'm a day over 55,
I'm constantly asked for ID for senior citizen discounts. Even the
women who cuts my hair thinks I'm fifty... she's fifty and I can
easily be her father too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/5/2015 9:48 AM, KenK wrote:
> What do you like mixed in with your scrambled eggs? Fried bacon? Cheese?
> or...
>
> TIA

Always cheese, often with bacon, ham, or other meat chopped.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> no one believes I'm a day over 55,
> I'm constantly asked for ID for senior citizen discounts. Even the
> women who cuts my hair thinks I'm fifty... she's fifty and I can
> easily be her father too.

Ok Sheldon. You've always stated that without pictures (of meals) that
they aren't true. Right back at you. Send a current pic of yourself
and let us be the judge. hehehe Don't send an old picture
either...include a current newspaper that you are holding. (not that I
don't trust you. heheh)

I also am told that I don't look 62 but I suspect they are just
near-blind or something. I don't look as old as some others my age. In
the mirror I can look young but for some reason in
pictures...disaster.

Anyway, the way I feel is that being and looking old is somewhat a
badge that we've earned. At least we've made it this far and many
others haven't.

Current pictures here anyone? Anyone brave enough to update pics? If
someone starts it, I'll send one too. The last one I sent of me was at
my daughter's wedding 5.5 years ago. I think most people would enjoy
updated pics. You talk to people often here but you have no idea of
how they look. A picture update from everyone would be nice, imo. :-D

Dream on, Gary.

Whisking eggs for scrambled eggs or omeletes Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 12 14-12-2012 03:30 PM
Scrambled eggs James[_1_] General Cooking 69 04-03-2009 05:25 PM
Scrambled eggs biig General Cooking 32 03-01-2006 05:12 PM
Scrambled eggs Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 66 18-08-2005 09:48 PM
Scrambled Eggs Condeduque de Castroverde General Cooking 9 27-05-2004 01:20 AM