Condeduque de Castroverde

Default Scrambled Eggs

RobertE

"Condeduque de Castroverde" > wrote in message
> I just bought this Sharp Microwave 1200 Mgh. Can someone tell me how to
> make scramble eggs please. I am not a cook just in the over the hill
> gang trying to cook for myself. Thanks

Scrambled eggs in a microwave are very easy, very fast, and very good. They
come out light and fluffy in a way that's very hard to replicate using a pan
on the cooker.

The important thing to remember is that when you are cooking them the top of
the egg mixture will cook solid before the bottom does. You MUST stop the
oven every 15-30 seconds (depending on how high a power setting you're
using) and give them stir. I forgot this once, years ago, when using my
mother's brand-new oven. It took me days to get all the bits of cooked egg
out of the exhaust grill.

You can use any microwave-safe container. I've a friend who uses a plastic
measuring jug, while I prefer a soup bowl. Crack the eggs into the
container. Add salt and pepper or not, as you prefer. Give it all a gentle
mix using a knife. There's no need to get a fork and beat the dickens out of
it. Just break the yolks and give it all a sort of smoosh about a bit.

Then bung the whole lot in the oven. I tend to use a medium-high power
setting which is about a medium for your oven. You can just blast it on
high, but I prefer the lower setting as it gives me a little more time to
remember to stir it and avoid the inevitable explosion that comes when you
forget.

When you pull the eggs out to stir you can also check for doneness. It
depends on how dry you like them. I prefer them quite underdone and creamy.
Experiment a few times and you'll figure out a formula for making them the
way you like them.

Good luck. And don't forget to stir!

hahabogus

"RobertE" > wrote in
:

> When you pull the eggs out to stir you can also check for doneness. It
> depends on how dry you like them. I prefer them quite underdone and
> creamy. Experiment a few times and you'll figure out a formula for
> making them the way you like them.
>
> Good luck. And don't forget to stir!

I cook them one at a time in a coffee mug.
Pam the mug. Add egg and a tbsp water mix. Nuke on high for 54 sec.
My microwave is an older model so your time may vary

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
texpat

And have you discovered Pillsbury's frozen biscuits yet? They're very good.
You can cook as many as you like (in the regular oven), and put the rest
back in the freezer.

The best things I've found outside of homemade.

Pat

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "RobertE" > wrote in
> :
>
> > When you pull the eggs out to stir you can also check for doneness. It
> > depends on how dry you like them. I prefer them quite underdone and
> > creamy. Experiment a few times and you'll figure out a formula for
> > making them the way you like them.
> >
> > Good luck. And don't forget to stir!
> >

> I cook them one at a time in a coffee mug.
> Pam the mug. Add egg and a tbsp water mix. Nuke on high for 54 sec.
> My microwave is an older model so your time may vary
>

> --
> Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
> and water.
> --------
> FIELDS, W. C.

Anthony

"RobertE" > wrote in message

> Scrambled eggs in a microwave are very easy, very fast, and very good.

They
> come out light and fluffy in a way that's very hard to replicate using a

pan
> on the cooker.
>
> The important thing to remember is that when you are cooking them the top

of
> the egg mixture will cook solid before the bottom does. You MUST stop the
> oven every 15-30 seconds (depending on how high a power setting you're
> using) and give them stir. I forgot this once, years ago, when using my
> mother's brand-new oven. It took me days to get all the bits of cooked egg
> out of the exhaust grill.
>
> You can use any microwave-safe container. I've a friend who uses a plastic
> measuring jug, while I prefer a soup bowl. Crack the eggs into the
> container. Add salt and pepper or not, as you prefer. Give it all a gentle
> mix using a knife. There's no need to get a fork and beat the dickens out

of
> it. Just break the yolks and give it all a sort of smoosh about a bit.
>
> Then bung the whole lot in the oven. I tend to use a medium-high power
> setting which is about a medium for your oven. You can just blast it on
> high, but I prefer the lower setting as it gives me a little more time to
> remember to stir it and avoid the inevitable explosion that comes when you
> forget.
>
> When you pull the eggs out to stir you can also check for doneness. It
> depends on how dry you like them. I prefer them quite underdone and

creamy.
> Experiment a few times and you'll figure out a formula for making them the
> way you like them.
>
> Good luck. And don't forget to stir!

There's a microwave in my kitchen, but I've not found a use for it. Having
read all this about egg-scrambling I still haven't. :-))

A.C.

> > Scrambled eggs in a microwave are very easy, very fast, and very good.

> They
> > come out light and fluffy in a way that's very hard to replicate using a

> pan
> > on the cooker.
> >
> > The important thing to remember is that when you are cooking them the

top
> of
> > the egg mixture will cook solid before the bottom does. You MUST stop

the
> > oven every 15-30 seconds (depending on how high a power setting you're
> > using) and give them stir. I forgot this once, years ago, when using my
> > mother's brand-new oven. It took me days to get all the bits of cooked

egg
> > out of the exhaust grill.
> >
> > You can use any microwave-safe container. I've a friend who uses a

plastic
> > measuring jug, while I prefer a soup bowl. Crack the eggs into the
> > container. Add salt and pepper or not, as you prefer. Give it all a

gentle
> > mix using a knife. There's no need to get a fork and beat the dickens

out
> of
> > it. Just break the yolks and give it all a sort of smoosh about a bit.
> >
> > Then bung the whole lot in the oven. I tend to use a medium-high power
> > setting which is about a medium for your oven. You can just blast it on
> > high, but I prefer the lower setting as it gives me a little more time

> > remember to stir it and avoid the inevitable explosion that comes when

you
> > forget.
> >
> > When you pull the eggs out to stir you can also check for doneness. It
> > depends on how dry you like them. I prefer them quite underdone and

> creamy.
> > Experiment a few times and you'll figure out a formula for making them

the
> > way you like them.
> >
> > Good luck. And don't forget to stir!
> >

> There's a microwave in my kitchen, but I've not found a use for it. Having
> read all this about egg-scrambling I still haven't. :-))

i agree, microwaves and breakfast don't mix. cook eggs and bacon in a pan,
then nuke eggs and bacon in microwave and see which one you prefer.

> > There's a microwave in my kitchen, but I've not found a use for it. Having
> > read all this about egg-scrambling I still haven't. :-))

> i agree, microwaves and breakfast don't mix. cook eggs and bacon in a pan,
> then nuke eggs and bacon in microwave and see which one you prefer.

Not missing anything... microwave scrambled eggs are vile, rubbery
things fit only to be a dog's chew toy.
jmcquown

D wrote:
>>> There's a microwave in my kitchen, but I've not found a use for it.
>>> Having read all this about egg-scrambling I still haven't. :-))

>> i agree, microwaves and breakfast don't mix. cook eggs and bacon in
>> a pan, then nuke eggs and bacon in microwave and see which one you
>> prefer.

> Not missing anything... microwave scrambled eggs are vile, rubbery
> things fit only to be a dog's chew toy.

Dog's don't seem to mind them, though

Jill

leebee

D wrote:
>>> There's a microwave in my kitchen, but I've not found a use for it.
>>> Having read all this about egg-scrambling I still haven't. :-))

>> i agree, microwaves and breakfast don't mix. cook eggs and bacon in
>> a pan, then nuke eggs and bacon in microwave and see which one you
>> prefer.

> Not missing anything... microwave scrambled eggs are vile, rubbery
> things fit only to be a dog's chew toy.

you've overcooked them then.

--
16-20-26

Scrambled eggs and ? KenK General Cooking 90 03-01-2016 05:45 PM
Whisking eggs for scrambled eggs or omeletes Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 12 14-12-2012 03:30 PM
Scrambled eggs James[_1_] General Cooking 69 04-03-2009 05:25 PM
Scrambled eggs biig General Cooking 32 03-01-2006 05:12 PM
Scrambled eggs Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 66 18-08-2005 09:48 PM