biig

Default Quesadilla SOS

I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions, frozen
red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium cheddar cheeses.
But I can't get into any websites that will tell me the seasonings or
extras that I need. DARN computer keeps giving me error messages. Can
anyone help??? This is for tonight's supper....Thanks Sharon
zxcvbob

biig wrote:
> I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions, frozen
> red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium cheddar cheeses.
> But I can't get into any websites that will tell me the seasonings or
> extras that I need. DARN computer keeps giving me error messages. Can
> anyone help??? This is for tonight's supper....Thanks Sharon

Mix in a little bit of hot salsa and maybe a little garlic powder, or if
you want them hot add finely chopped jalapeno or serrano peppers and
serve the salsa on the side.

Or you can just warm up the tortillas, serve the turkey, peppers, and
onions hot, and let everybody roll their own soft tacos.

Bob
nancree

"But I can't get into any websites that will tell me the seasonings or
extras that I need. DARN computer keeps giving me error messages"
---------
Quesadillas are really very simple. The turken pieces and a good
cheese (your mozarella should do it)--then you need Mexican seasoning
of some sort. (I keep a jar of "Mexican Seasoning" in my spice rack).
But if you don't have that, use some cayenne, or shake some Tabasco on
the turkey--cautiously, until you find how much you want. Add a little
garlic salt. If you have avocado handy, mash it up, flavor it, and add
that.
Nancree

Dimitri

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> biig wrote:
>> I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions, frozen
>> red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium cheddar cheeses.
>> But I can't get into any websites that will tell me the seasonings or
>> extras that I need. DARN computer keeps giving me error messages. Can
>> anyone help??? This is for tonight's supper....Thanks Sharon

> Mix in a little bit of hot salsa and maybe a little garlic powder, or if
> you want them hot add finely chopped jalapeno or serrano peppers and serve
> the salsa on the side.
>
> Or you can just warm up the tortillas, serve the turkey, peppers, and
> onions hot, and let everybody roll their own soft tacos.
>
> Bob

Like the man said. & maybe some sour cream on the side as well.

Dimitri

Hello Sharon I found two that my help...

turkey Quesadilla

Kid's Choice Turkey Quesadilla (Hl)

Recipe By : TVFN: RECIPE FOR HEALTH BONUS RECIPE
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :
1 flour (10-inch) tortilla
5 ounces low sodium jack cheese -- shredded
5 ounces herb roasted turkey -- sliced thin

Preheat a non-stick 10-inch saute pan and lightly spray low-fat olive
oil
spray on bottom. Place the tortilla down inside the pan and on one
half
sprinkle half of the jack cheese. Layer with turkey slices on top and
remainder of the cheese.

Fold over the tortilla in the saute pan and press down firm with a
metal
spatula. Cook until lightly browned (about 3 minutes). Turn the
quesadilla and brown. When cheese has melted and quesadilla is lightly
browned on both side, transfer to chopping surface and cut into three
triangles.

"Jammin Turkey Quesadilla's"
(Appetizer)

Ingredients:
8 Tortilla Shells
1/4 of a Roasted Turkey
2 Cups Shredded Cheese
P.A.M. Spray or Butter Spray
Optional:
Green Peppers
Onions
Pepper/Salt
Sour Cream
Salsa

Method:
Spray pan with butter spray on low heat. Place torilla shell in pan and
sprinkle cheese on it. Place second torilla shell on top and spray with
butter . Allow bottom shell to turn golden brown. Flip it over and let
second shell do the same. Place on plate and cut into trianglar wedges,
like a pizza. Use desired condiments for flavor.
Yields: 4 servings
____________________

If this does not help let me Know & I will try to help.

Monica

Andy

"Dimitri" > wrote in
om:

> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message
>> biig wrote:
>>> I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions,
>>> frozen
>>> red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium cheddar
>>> cheeses. But I can't get into any websites that will tell me the
>>> seasonings or extras that I need. DARN computer keeps giving me
>>> error messages. Can anyone help??? This is for tonight's
>>> supper....Thanks Sharon

>> Mix in a little bit of hot salsa and maybe a little garlic powder, or
>> if you want them hot add finely chopped jalapeno or serrano peppers
>> and serve the salsa on the side.
>>
>> Or you can just warm up the tortillas, serve the turkey, peppers, and
>> onions hot, and let everybody roll their own soft tacos.
>>
>> Bob

> Like the man said. & maybe some sour cream on the side as well.
>

> Dimitri

Also put your cheese down on half the tortilla in the skillet. When the
cheese just starts to melt, cover the cheese with your fixins' and fold
the other half over, press the fixins into the cheese then flip so the
fixins' heat up and the cheese melts and oozes into the fixins'.

Keep warm or serve immediately,

Andy

--
"If you can't do it naturally, then fake it."
- Alfred Hitchcock
jmcquown

"biig" > wrote in message ...
> I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions, frozen
> red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium cheddar cheeses.
> But I can't get into any websites that will tell me the seasonings or
> extras that I need. DARN computer keeps giving me error messages. Can
> anyone help??? This is for tonight's supper....Thanks Sharon

I'm not sure anything else is really required. As others have suggested,
perhaps some salsa. Perhaps sprinkling of ground peppers or (gasp)
commercial chili powder. Sour cream or guac as a garnish.

Jill

Sharon,
I posted this already but I dont know why its not showing up so here it
is again.
[...]

side, transfer to chopping surface and cut into three triangles. Serve
with
approximately 2 tablespoons of jicama slaw and tropical salsa (recipes
follow).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

[...]

I hope this helps. Sorry if it double post.

Monica

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Andy > wrote in
6:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in
> om:

> >> Mix in a little bit of hot salsa and maybe a little garlic
> >> powder, or if you want them hot add finely chopped jalapeno or
> >> serrano peppers and serve the salsa on the side.
> >>
> >> Or you can just warm up the tortillas, serve the turkey, peppers,
> >> and onions hot, and let everybody roll their own soft tacos.
> >>
> >> Bob

> > Like the man said. & maybe some sour cream on the side as well.
> >

> > Dimitri

> Also put your cheese down on half the tortilla in the skillet. When
> the cheese just starts to melt, cover the cheese with your fixins'
> and fold the other half over, press the fixins into the cheese then
> flip so the fixins' heat up and the cheese melts and oozes into the
> fixins'.
>
> Keep warm or serve immediately,
>
> Andy

I do mine in the oven. I sprinkle on shredded cheese (type varies with
mood), green chiles, sliced mushrooms (optional), red bell pepper
strips, and a meat or fish of choice on 1 tortilla and cover with another
tortilla. bake till crispy at 375F (about 15 minutes). Shrimp is extra
nice.

I serve with a medium hot salsa and sour cream to dabb/spread on the top
and a slaw as a side dish.

If I made them on the stove top I'd never get a chance to sit down.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Continuing to be Manitoban
aem

biig wrote:
> I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions,
> frozen red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium
> cheddar cheeses. But I can't get into any websites that will
> tell me the seasonings or extras that I need. DARN computer keeps
> giving me error messages. Can anyone help??? This is for
> tonight's supper....Thanks Sharon

Slice and saut=E9 your onion and peppers briefly over high heat, add a
little bit of chili powder and cumin to them. When the veggies are to
your liking, add the sliced turkey and again season with s&p, chili
powder and cumin. When it's all hot, assemble and heat your
quesadillas. Pass the taco sauce when you serve them. -aem

The Ranger

biig > wrote in message ...
> I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions,
> frozen red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium
> cheddar cheeses. But I can't get into any websites that will tell
> me the seasonings or extras that I need. DARN computer keeps
> giving me error messages. Can anyone help??? This is for
> tonight's supper.

Why the worrying? Quesadillas are one of the easiest meals in the world
to make!

You already have everything handy so a special trip to the store is
completely unnecessary! Turn you oven on to 375°F. Get two baking sheets
(three quesadillas per sheet). Lay down the first tortilla and set down
onions, cheese, peppers, and turkey; fold in half (it'll look like a
half-moon). Rinse, repeat (five more times). Set both sheets into oven
and set timer for five minutes. When the timer goes off, flop the sheets
(the bottom sheet gets placed above the first sheet; the top sheet gets
moved to the rack below) and let tortillas crisp up for another three
minutes. Cut into thirds and serve hot. Set out some salsa or hot sauce
(Pico Pica is my favorite!) and sour cream.

The Ranger

nancree

The Ranger write:
"Rinse, repeat (five more times)."

Rinse?? Rinse what? You're making quesadillas !
Nancree

zuuum

"biig" > wrote in message ...
> I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions, frozen
> red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium cheddar cheeses.
> But I can't get into any websites that will tell me the seasonings or
> extras that I need. DARN computer keeps giving me error messages. Can
> anyone help??? This is for tonight's supper....Thanks Sharon

The only flavor I would be missing is pickled jalepeno pepper slices. The
vinegar and pepper flavor are usually present. You *could* add salsa (again
vinegar and peppers flavor) but usually salsa, sour cream or guacamole are
served on the side. Creative license allows about anything. I serve mine
own pineapple salsa and refried blackbean on the side of mine. Even though
I add cumin to almost every Mexican dish, I don't with quesadillas.

zuuum

"zuuum" > wrote in message news:...

> "biig" > wrote in message ...
>> I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions, frozen
>> red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium cheddar cheeses.
>> But I can't get into any websites that will tell me the seasonings or
>> extras that I need. DARN computer keeps giving me error messages. Can
>> anyone help??? This is for tonight's supper....Thanks Sharon

> The only flavor I would be missing is pickled jalepeno pepper slices. The
> vinegar and pepper flavor are usually present. You *could* add salsa
> (again vinegar and peppers flavor) but usually salsa, sour cream or
> guacamole are served on the side. Creative license allows about anything.
> I serve mine own pineapple salsa and refried blackbean on the side of
> mine. Even though I add cumin to almost every Mexican dish, I don't with
> quesadillas.

Garnish... whole cilantro sprigs

The Ranger

nancree > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The Ranger write:
> "Rinse, repeat (five more times)."
> >

> Rinse?? Rinse what? You're making quesadillas !

You didn't get out much during your youth, did you?

As SWMBO is often fond of telling me: "If I have to TELL you, it's
already too late."

The Ranger

Steve Knight

some cumin and chili powder some onions and garlic are really good.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
biig

Thanks for all the great suggestions.....Unfortunately, my computer
locked up and I didn't get to them until after supper They turned
out a bit bland....should have has some salsa on the side and added some
spices. I'll do that next time....Thanks again....Sharon

biig wrote:

> I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions, frozen
> red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium cheddar cheeses.
> But I can't get into any websites that will tell me the seasonings or
> extras that I need. DARN computer keeps giving me error messages. Can
> anyone help??? This is for tonight's supper....Thanks Sharon

jmcquown

Bubbabob wrote:
> biig > wrote:
>
>> I have some flour tortillas, some leftover turkey meat, onions,
>> frozen red, green, yellow pepper pieces, mozarella and medium
>> cheddar cheeses. But I can't get into any websites that will tell me
>> the seasonings or extras that I need. DARN computer keeps giving me
>> error messages. Can anyone help??? This is for tonight's
>> supper....Thanks Sharon
>>

> Just chopped green chiles. Hatch or Sandia A are the best for this. A
> little cilantro wouldn't hurt.

Cilantro tastes like soap to some of us. Yeah, here, put some green soap on
your quesadillas - you'll like 'em that way!

Jill

Katra

In article >,
Bubbabob > wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>

> > Cilantro tastes like soap to some of us. Yeah, here, put some green
> > soap on your quesadillas - you'll like 'em that way!
> >
> > Jill

> Only a genetically disenfranchised minority perceives cilantro's taste that
> way.

<snort>
Don't be an ass.
I know you know better than that!
--
K.
The Joneses

Bubbabob wrote:

> Katra > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Bubbabob > wrote:

> >> Only a genetically disenfranchised minority perceives cilantro's
> >> taste that way.
> >>

> ><snort>
> > Don't be an ass.
> > I know you know better than that!

> I'm not kidding. A lot of peculiar taste and smell sensitivities have
> genetic origins and I strongly suspect the cilantro=soap thing to be one
> of them. The perception of soap flavor is so far off from the normal
> perception of cilantro's flavor that it's not likely to be cultural or
> caused by lack of early exposure. I notice that this misperception
> definitely seems to run in families. One rarely, if ever, finds it in
> people of Mediterranean ancestry.

I actually outgrew the soap thing and I am not an infant. Two
years ago, I couldn't stand but a bare sprinkle, this year, I'm
eating it as a side dish. My sib says the latest word is that it's
good for bi-polar disorder. I wouldn't know - or maybe I do.
Edrena

Maverick

"nancree" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> The Ranger write:
> "Rinse, repeat (five more times)."
>
> Rinse?? Rinse what? You're making quesadillas !
> Nancree

LOL....He's making a joke here....Read the instructions on a bottle of
shampoo...

I bet there are some truly stupid people that have been in the shower for
years since the instructions don't say to "Rinse, repeat ONCE and get out of
the shower"...

Bret

Maverick

"Bubbabob" > wrote in message
. 3.30...
> Steve Knight > wrote:
>
>> some cumin and chili powder some onions and garlic are really good.
>>

> I can't imagine quesadillas made with 'chili powder' instead of chopped
> green chiles. It's something I've never seen done in 47 years of living in
> the Southwest. I've never run into any with cumin in them, either.

Uh, Bubbabob? You live in the Southwest...Where you can actually grow green
chiles. I was born and raised in Vegas and married a girl that was born and
raised in New Mexico so I know all about chiles. Now I live in Nebraska and
the green chiles our local stupidmarket sells has the same taste and heat
level of green bell peppers to us but my co-workers think they are too hot.
Wussies!

You be amazed at what people can/will use to make Southwest cuisine! We
make a run down to New Mexico every Labor Day weekend to visit the ILs just
so we can roast and peel a bunch of Hatch green chiles. We get half what we
roast and peel to carry us over through the next year.

Since the weather here has been rainy and is expected to be rainy through
the weekend, I'm think some Chile Verde this weekend is called for!

Bret

Puester

Bubbabob wrote:

> My bottom line is that people that can't get green chiles shouldn't be
> making quesadillas. It's like trying to make ma-la ga without Szechuan
> peppercorns. What's the point?

I'd say that the point is you can't live forever on boiled chicken
and you can't always find the ingredients you need for every recipe.
There are a lot of dishes where you have to make do with what you
can find rather than the "authentic" ingredients. Most of the time
they still taste terrific.

gloria p
-L.

Bubbabob wrote:
> My bottom line is that people that can't get green chiles shouldn't

be
> making quesadillas. It's like trying to make ma-la ga without

Szechuan
> peppercorns. What's the point?

I made some last night without green chilis and they were *damn* good,
IIDSSM...

-L.

Pablo

"Bubbabob" > wrote in message
. 3.30...
> My bottom line is that people that can't get green chiles shouldn't be
> making quesadillas. It's like trying to make ma-la ga without Szechuan
> peppercorns. What's the point?

*
Say what? Quesadillas are the Mexican version of toasted cheese sandwiches.
Tortillas and cheese are the only real ingredients. Sure, there are lots of
other ingredients that would be good toasted in a tortilla with the cheese,
but you end up with stone soup. (Nobody really cares how the stones flavor
the soup.) Try the minimalist route sometime and get some really fresh
flour tortillas from a tortillaria (I love the ones that taste like soft pie
dough...) and some queso Chihuahua or queso fresco made locally and sold in
the town market. If you want to get wild, sprinkle a little oregano on the
cheese before toasting on your comal. Serve them with a cerveza La Casta
or something else with a little character. Enjoy the subtle flavors of
fresh ingredients and save the chiles, chicken, sour cream, and hamburger
for your next trip to TGI Fridays.

Tschuss,
Pablo
(Starting to miss Tucson a lot...)