Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quesadilla pix

You know, it is beautiful. I'm sure it was delicious.

Maybe it is the light, or the picnic table-like background, or a dabs,
but it looked as widdle bit like something a couple species of birds
used for target practise.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Our friend Jamie dropped by with some beer this afternoon. His wife
and kid are out of town, and I think he was a little lonely. I made
him quesadillas.

http://i2.tinypic.com/rkbond.jpg

Inside was a mix of smoked meats: pork loin, sausage, and chicken.
also inside were caramelized onions, slices of smoked jalapeno, and
some artisanal cheese another friend gave me. That's a sauce of
yogurt, cilantro, smoked jalapeno, garlic, and olive oil on top.
--
modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:12:18 -0800, kalanamak >
wrote:

>You know, it is beautiful. I'm sure it was delicious.
>
>Maybe it is the light, or the picnic table-like background, or a dabs,
>but it looked as widdle bit like something a couple species of birds
>used for target practise.

It might be the broken circular pattern of the sliced quesadilla --
makes it look like a target inside that red plate. Then there's the
issue of green bird shit, and I ain't going there.
--
modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Looks almost identical to ones I made last night. Those whole grained
tortillas tend to leak more because the edges don't stick well with water (I
tend to overstuff them beyond the depth of my Quesadilla maker).

I used a salsa I picked up on the way home -- it is still smoldering inside
me somewhere, that's how hot it was.
Lefty
--
Life is for learning

"kalanamak" > wrote in message
> You know, it is beautiful. I'm sure it was delicious.
>
> Maybe it is the light, or the picnic table-like background, or a dabs,
> but it looked as widdle bit like something a couple species of birds
> used for target practise.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom wrote:
> Our friend Jamie dropped by with some beer this afternoon. His wife
> and kid are out of town, and I think he was a little lonely. I made
> him quesadillas.
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/rkbond.jpg

Looks good to me! You should try making "breakfast quesadillas" some time
Cook up some nice spicy breakfast sausage or even bacon (but not too
well done); scrambled egg (raw, it will cook), melty cheeses, salsa,
cilantro, whatever you like. I have a Santa Fe electric quesadilla baker
which I adore. We used to do "Tex-Mex" pot lucks at the office and would
often start with breakfast quesadillas and snack our way up to and through
lunch the lunch versions I think I see quesadillas in my very near
future!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:23:33 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>modom wrote:
>> Our friend Jamie dropped by with some beer this afternoon. His wife
>> and kid are out of town, and I think he was a little lonely. I made
>> him quesadillas.
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/rkbond.jpg
>>

>Looks good to me! You should try making "breakfast quesadillas" some time

The first time I spent the night at my ex-wife's apartment, she told
me in the morning that there was no food in the house, but I found one
carrot, half an onion, a small amount of cheese, an egg, and a couple
of tortillas. I made quesadillas, and she called them "dumpster
quesadillas" because I made them from what looked to her like fridge
scraps. They were good, though. (Grated the carrot, sauteed with the
onion, added eggs, put into a quesadilla. Yum.)

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

serene wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:23:33 -0600, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>
>> modom wrote:
>>> Our friend Jamie dropped by with some beer this afternoon. His wife
>>> and kid are out of town, and I think he was a little lonely. I made
>>> him quesadillas.
>>>
>>> http://i2.tinypic.com/rkbond.jpg
>>>

>> Looks good to me! You should try making "breakfast quesadillas"
>> some time

> The first time I spent the night at my ex-wife's apartment, she told
> me in the morning that there was no food in the house, but I found one
> carrot, half an onion, a small amount of cheese, an egg, and a couple
> of tortillas. I made quesadillas, and she called them "dumpster
> quesadillas" because I made them from what looked to her like fridge
> scraps. They were good, though. (Grated the carrot, sauteed with the
> onion, added eggs, put into a quesadilla. Yum.)
>
> serene

That's "musgovian" cooking - as in, everything in this fridge must go! It's
amazing what you can put together from things like that

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote on 18 Mar 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> I have a Santa Fe electric quesadilla baker

Is it kinda orangey red like mine?

--
-Alan

Quesadilla SOS biig General Cooking 24 08-04-2005 03:51 AM
Quesadilla question Kingman Wylie Mexican Cooking 5 02-11-2003 01:34 AM