FoodLoversPassions-Com

Default Food Lovers Passions

Just stumbled across this place. Is everyone here a fan of cooking...or
just eating? <g>

FoodLoversPassions.com

Damsel in dis Dress

"FoodLoversPassions-Com" >, if that's their
real name, wrote:

>Just stumbled across this place. Is everyone here a fan of cooking...or
>just eating? <g>
>
>FoodLoversPassions.com

You are the world's most stupid person. LOL!

Carol

FoodLoversPassions-Com

Hehehe...

My favorites are Indian and Mexican...although I can never quite get the
curry right when I try to make Chicken Makhani, and my attempt at Mexican
dishes never seem to equal the restaurant around the corner.

That makes me more a fan of eating, than cooking...but to each his own.

I do make a mean Second-Day Chile Steak Casserole though.

; )

Siobhan Perricone

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:56:50 -0500, "FoodLoversPassions-Com"
> wrote:

>My favorites are Indian and Mexican...although I can never quite get the
>curry right when I try to make Chicken Makhani, and my attempt at Mexican
>dishes never seem to equal the restaurant around the corner.

The trick to making great Mexican food, in my experience, is getting the
right ingredients. Substitutions, while certainly tasty, just won't turn
out the same quality of Mexican food.

If it asks for Masa, get Masa, don't use fine cornmeal and expect to get
the same outcome. And also getting some really great recipes helps. We have
two Mexican cookbooks that are FANTASTIC. They explain what ingredients you
need, and why, and how to use them. One is "A Cook's Tour of Mexico" by
Nancy Zaslavsky and the other is "Authentic Mexican: Regional Cooking from
the Heart of Mexico" by Rick Bayless with Deann Groen Bayless.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh