urbanChiles

Default Salsa Verde

Put my new recipe for Salsa Verde up on my website. After six
attempts, I finally hit on the secret: reduce it slightly on the stove
to thicken it. Enjoy!

http://www.urbanchiles.com/cooking/030105.html

D.A.Martinich

If you're going to spam, at least have the courtesy to put the recipe
in your post.

aem

Rick Rider wrote:
> On 5 Mar 2005 18:04:05 -0800, "D.A.Martinich" > wrote:
>
> >If you're going to spam, at least have the courtesy to put the

recipe
> >in your post.

> Not spam at all. His recipe was on the web site which did not

contain anything at all of
> a commercial nature.
>
> I appreciated his linking to the recipe because I could just bookmark

the site instead of
> copying and pasting the recipe into a file to use later.
>
> Did you even look at the site? I didn't think so.

Bullshit. Based on your response I looked at the site. There are
advertisements on every page.

-aem

BOB

aem wrote:
> Rick Rider wrote:
>> On 5 Mar 2005 18:04:05 -0800, "D.A.Martinich"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> If you're going to spam, at least have the courtesy to
>>> put the recipe in your post.

>> Not spam at all. His recipe was on the web site which
>> did not contain anything at all of a commercial nature.
>>
>> I appreciated his linking to the recipe because I could
>> just bookmark the site instead of copying and pasting
>> the recipe into a file to use later.
>>
>> Did you even look at the site? I didn't think so.
>>

> Bullshit. Based on your response I looked at the site.
> There are advertisements on every page.
>
> -aem

LOL

I'd almost bet that if someone really wanted to do the search, "Rick
Rider" would likely come up as a principle of "urbanChiles".

Whatcha think?

BOB

JimLane

aem wrote:
> Rick Rider wrote:
>
>>On 5 Mar 2005 18:04:05 -0800, "D.A.Martinich" > wrote:
>>

>>>If you're going to spam, at least have the courtesy to put the

> recipe
>
>>>in your post.

>>Not spam at all. His recipe was on the web site which did not

> contain anything at all of
>
>>a commercial nature.
>>
>>I appreciated his linking to the recipe because I could just bookmark

> the site instead of
>
>>copying and pasting the recipe into a file to use later.
>>
>>Did you even look at the site? I didn't think so.
>>

> Bullshit. Based on your response I looked at the site. There are
> advertisements on every page.
>
> -aem

Yes, but the acid test is: was he selling anything himself? a lot of web
hosting services, especially cheap one or blog-based have ads put in by
the host.

jim

urbanChiles

Look, guys: I've got a hobby site up to discuss growing and cooking
with chile peppers. I've got a couple of ads up to cover some (but
definitely not all) of my out of pocket costs. I'm not a commerical
site and I'm not selling anything myself, I'm just posting information.
I don't know Rick Rider nor does he have any relationship with the web
site. Good enough?

aem

urbanChiles wrote:
> Look, guys: I've got a hobby site up to discuss growing and cooking
> with chile peppers. I've got a couple of ads up to cover some (but
> definitely not all) of my out of pocket costs. I'm not a commerical
> site and I'm not selling anything myself, I'm just posting

information.
> I don't know Rick Rider nor does he have any relationship with the

web
> site. Good enough?

Thanks for the info. Hope it's true.
-aem

JimLane

aem wrote:
> urbanChiles wrote:
>
>>Look, guys: I've got a hobby site up to discuss growing and cooking
>>with chile peppers. I've got a couple of ads up to cover some (but
>>definitely not all) of my out of pocket costs. I'm not a commerical
>>site and I'm not selling anything myself, I'm just posting

> information.
>
>> I don't know Rick Rider nor does he have any relationship with the

> web
>
>>site. Good enough?

> Thanks for the info. Hope it's true.
> -aem

Assume its true unless proven otherwise, aem. Everyone here gives you
the benefit of the doubt, as well as to me.

jim
D.A.Martinich

Rick Rider wrote:

> Did you even look at the site? I didn't think so.

Yes, Bozo, I looked at the site, and a lot more thoroughly than you
did. On a page entitled Cooking With Chiles, he has exactly 3
sentences of text and six Amazon.com ads and an ad from that overpriced
Omaha Steak outfit. He's an Amazon Associate which means he gets a
referral fee for all those books he advertises. Duh! This is a
commercial site. Now, if he had posted the recipe as well as his url
it would be no big deal, but, he used the promise of the recipe to get
people to check out his site. That is a spam! I have seen newsgroups
drowned by spams , that's why it is an issue.

D.M.

BOB

Rick Rider wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:59:21 -0500, " BOB"
> > wrote:
>
>> aem wrote:

>>> Bullshit. Based on your response I looked at the site.
>>> There are advertisements on every page.
>>>
>>> -aem

>> LOL
>>
>> I'd almost bet that if someone really wanted to do the
>> search, "Rick Rider" would likely come up as a principle
>> of "urbanChiles".
>>
>> Whatcha think?
>>
>> BOB
>>

> Almost is a good thing, because I'd never heard of this
> guy, his stuff - whatever that might be - or the web
> site until I saw his post.
>
> If there are ads there, they are not on "his" site, they
> might be put there by his host, but I saw no adds - But
> then, I use Firefox so I don't have to see all the just
> IE users see.
>
> I have no affiliation with any organization whatsoever in
> the cooking business in any way shape or form. I am
> basically retired, but work part time at a golf course
> for the free golf.

Uh huh. Yeah right.
I've seen this exact same post by your buddy "urbanChiles" in several
other newsgroups. At least "he" didn't crosspost them. For someone with
no interest in the website, you sure are quick to come to "his" defense.
-Oh, every spammer that has ever been "outed" quickly denies that
he/she/it was spamming.

BOB

Serendipity

aem wrote:

> Rick Rider wrote:
>
>>On 5 Mar 2005 18:04:05 -0800, "D.A.Martinich" > wrote:
>>

>>>If you're going to spam, at least have the courtesy to put the

> recipe
>
>>>in your post.

>>Not spam at all. His recipe was on the web site which did not

> contain anything at all of
>
>>a commercial nature.
>>
>>I appreciated his linking to the recipe because I could just bookmark

> the site instead of
>
>>copying and pasting the recipe into a file to use later.
>>
>>Did you even look at the site? I didn't think so.
>>

> Bullshit. Based on your response I looked at the site. There are
> advertisements on every page.

Perhaps you need better ad filtering in your browser

> -aem

A.C.

BOB wrote:

> LOL
>
> I'd almost bet that if someone really wanted to do the search, "Rick
> Rider" would likely come up as a principle of "urbanChiles".

naw.. urbanchilies.com is registered to donald dayton of chicago, il

A.C.

urbanChiles wrote

> Look, guys: I've got a hobby site up to discuss growing and cooking
> with chile peppers. I've got a couple of ads up to cover some (but
> definitely not all) of my out of pocket costs. I'm not a commerical
> site and I'm not selling anything myself, I'm just posting information.
> I don't know Rick Rider nor does he have any relationship with the web
> site. Good enough?

scott, just ignore these ****nuggets. they just spout shit without any
proof. they think anyone with a hobby or useful information on their website
who posts it for others to use are all spammers when half of these ass
spelunkers don't even know what a spammer is if i decide to grow some
chiles this year, i'll keep your site in mind for the info