Hahabogus

Default SEAL-A-JUICER ?

"<RJ>" > wrote in
:

> I've been searching for this kitchgen gadget for some time.
>
> It's a wooden "lemon juicer"
>
> A hand-held wooden reamer,
> looks like a bad joke at a hemorrhoid convention.
> but, they're perfect for the smaller lemons/limes
> available in this area.
>
> Now that I've found it, ( it looks like raw wood )
> do I seal it ? how ?
> or....just rinse after every use...
> ???
> <rj>

You just rinse it after use....I would pre-wash it well before it's first
use.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
kalanamak

Hahabogus wrote:

> You just rinse it after use....I would pre-wash it well before it's first
> use.

I rinse quickly and leave in drainrack to dry. I've been using mine for
*years*.
blacksalt
they also come in plastic with a sharper tip.
Dee Randall

"kalanamak" > wrote in message
> Hahabogus wrote:
>
>> You just rinse it after use....I would pre-wash it well before it's first
>> use.
>>

> I rinse quickly and leave in drainrack to dry. I've been using mine for
> *years*.
> blacksalt
> they also come in plastic with a sharper tip.

After loosing a good reamer (off white plastic of good quality) several
years ago, I finally found a nice black plastic one that I've had for about
two years now. It took me a year to find this black plastic one, all I
could find was wooden ones. But it was worth the wait. It is not as
pointed on the end, but it is larger and sturdy.

A lot of people use wooden spoons for cooking, but I always find that they
retain the last meal's smell, and possibly the soap water that hasn't been
completely rinsed off. I suppose one would not have a problem with a
wooden lemon reamer if one were careful where it was used.
Dee

Safety seal Metspitzer General Cooking 3 13-06-2011 06:20 AM
Instantaneous Seal! commercialcanner Preserving 7 22-09-2005 06:12 PM
Jar Seal and Headspace rogers news Preserving 26 18-10-2004 05:03 PM
Wax seal on Jelly Guppy21014 Preserving 5 20-09-2004 03:52 PM