Jerry Minasi

Default What Justin Wilson Said?

Justin Wilson, the now deceased Cajun cook, had a TV show where he
cooked in his backyard. We really liked, and miss him.

Justin had a saying when something he made taste especially good. For
the life of me, I can't remember what he said! It was on the order of
"that was some delicious", or something like that. If anyone can
recall what it was he said, I would be most grateful if you would post
it. It's on the tip of my tongue but due to the ravages of senility,
neither my wife or myself can remember it!

Most gratefully,

Jerry Minasi Jerry @ Minasi.com
Bob

Jerry asked:

> Justin had a saying when something he made taste especially good. For
> the life of me, I can't remember what he said! It was on the order of
> "that was some delicious", or something like that. If anyone can
> recall what it was he said, I would be most grateful if you would post
> it. It's on the tip of my tongue but due to the ravages of senility,
> neither my wife or myself can remember it!

All I can remember is "That's one-to-munch, I gairontee."

Bob
Dimitri

"Jerry Minasi" > wrote in message
> Justin Wilson, the now deceased Cajun cook, had a TV show where he
> cooked in his backyard. We really liked, and miss him.
>
> Justin had a saying when something he made taste especially good. For
> the life of me, I can't remember what he said! It was on the order of
> "that was some delicious", or something like that. If anyone can
> recall what it was he said, I would be most grateful if you would post
> it. It's on the tip of my tongue but due to the ravages of senility,
> neither my wife or myself can remember it!
>
> Most gratefully,
>
> Jerry Minasi Jerry @ Minasi.com

Dimitri

Look Here : http://www.justinwilson.com/

Also:

http://www.cajunculture.com/People/wilsonJ.htm

Wilson's first album of Cajun humor sold over a million copies; he went on
to release more than two dozen additional albums - and in the process made
famous the "Cajun" expression "I gare-rohn-tee!" He wrote three comedic
books: Justin Wilson's Cajun Humor (1974), Justin Wilson's Cajun Fables
(1982), and More Cajun Humor (1984). Wilson also excelled as a chef, and
hosted a popular cooking show on public television.

Bob (this one)

Dimitri wrote:

> "Jerry Minasi" > wrote in message
>
>>Justin Wilson, the now deceased Cajun cook, had a TV show where he
>>cooked in his backyard. We really liked, and miss him.
>>
>>Justin had a saying when something he made taste especially good. For
>>the life of me, I can't remember what he said! It was on the order of
>>"that was some delicious", or something like that. If anyone can
>>recall what it was he said, I would be most grateful if you would post
>>it. It's on the tip of my tongue but due to the ravages of senility,
>>neither my wife or myself can remember it!
>>
>>Most gratefully,
>>
>>Jerry Minasi Jerry @ Minasi.com

> Dimitri
>
> Look Here : http://www.justinwilson.com/
>
> Also:
>
> http://www.cajunculture.com/People/wilsonJ.htm
>
> Wilson's first album of Cajun humor sold over a million copies; he went on
> to release more than two dozen additional albums - and in the process made
> famous the "Cajun" expression "I gare-rohn-tee!" He wrote three comedic
> books: Justin Wilson's Cajun Humor (1974), Justin Wilson's Cajun Fables
> (1982), and More Cajun Humor (1984). Wilson also excelled as a chef, and
> hosted a popular cooking show on public television.

And he came to my radio program with his blonde, Everest-haired,
jiggly "assistant" who carried a cooler filled with "Thomas Justin
Collinses" made from equal parts gin and Country Time Lemonade. He
poured for me and my co-host and by the end of the program, we were
all imitating each other's speech patterns and I even said "I
garontee" once. He tried speaking Yankee and didn't quite pull it off.
Like my cajun, I guess...

He was a hoot. In his 80's at the time and fresh from a divorce
because he said his wife caught him with another woman.

Pastorio

Jerry Minasi

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:41:18 -0500, "Bob (this one)" >
wrote:

>Dimitri wrote:
>
>> "Jerry Minasi" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Justin Wilson, the now deceased Cajun cook, had a TV show where he
>>>cooked in his backyard. We really liked, and miss him.
>>>
>>>Justin had a saying when something he made taste especially good. For
>>>the life of me, I can't remember what he said! It was on the order of
>>>"that was some delicious", or something like that. If anyone can
>>>recall what it was he said, I would be most grateful if you would post
>>>it. It's on the tip of my tongue but due to the ravages of senility,
>>>neither my wife or myself can remember it!
>>>
>>>Most gratefully,
>>>
>>>Jerry Minasi Jerry @ Minasi.com

>> Dimitri
>>
>> Look Here : http://www.justinwilson.com/
>>
>> Also:
>>
>> http://www.cajunculture.com/People/wilsonJ.htm
>>
>> Wilson's first album of Cajun humor sold over a million copies; he went on
>> to release more than two dozen additional albums - and in the process made
>> famous the "Cajun" expression "I gare-rohn-tee!" He wrote three comedic
>> books: Justin Wilson's Cajun Humor (1974), Justin Wilson's Cajun Fables
>> (1982), and More Cajun Humor (1984). Wilson also excelled as a chef, and
>> hosted a popular cooking show on public television.

>And he came to my radio program with his blonde, Everest-haired,
>jiggly "assistant" who carried a cooler filled with "Thomas Justin
>Collinses" made from equal parts gin and Country Time Lemonade. He
>poured for me and my co-host and by the end of the program, we were
>all imitating each other's speech patterns and I even said "I
>garontee" once. He tried speaking Yankee and didn't quite pull it off.
>Like my cajun, I guess...
>
>He was a hoot. In his 80's at the time and fresh from a divorce
>because he said his wife caught him with another woman.
>
>Pastorio

My Sincere thanks to All! now we can sleep at night.
Jerry Minasi