LockNess

Default Breading Baked Chicken Breast

Hello everyone,
I have a very quick question. What are some tips on breading
boneless-skinless chicken breast. The problem I am having is that,
after it's cooked, the bread doesn't stay on the breast too
well...especially on the bottom. Here is how I am preparing it now:

1. Clean breast and cut off excess fat
2. Allow it to marinade in Pepper sauce for 30 mins
3. Sprinkle seasoning on it (Garlic Salt, Season All)
4. Bake in oven for 35 mins.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

-Antoine
jmcquown

LockNess wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have a very quick question. What are some tips on breading
> boneless-skinless chicken breast. The problem I am having is that,
> after it's cooked, the bread doesn't stay on the breast too
> well...especially on the bottom. Here is how I am preparing it now:
>
> 1. Clean breast and cut off excess fat
> 2. Allow it to marinade in Pepper sauce for 30 mins
> 3. Sprinkle seasoning on it (Garlic Salt, Season All)
> 4. Bake in oven for 35 mins.
>
> Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
>

> -Antoine

Use an egg wash. Dredge the breasts in some seasoned flour, dip in egg
whipped with a little water, then dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs.
Make sure the oven is completely hot before you put the chicken breasts in
to bake.

Jill

RMiller

>Hello everyone,
> I have a very quick question. What are some tips on breading
>boneless-skinless chicken breast. The problem I am having is that,
>after it's cooked, the bread doesn't stay on the breast too
>well...especially on the bottom. Here is how I am preparing it now:
>
>1. Clean breast and cut off excess fat
>2. Allow it to marinade in Pepper sauce for 30 mins
>3. Sprinkle seasoning on it (Garlic Salt, Season All)
>4. Bake in oven for 35 mins.
>
>Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
>

>-Antoine

I often marinate the chicken breasts in plain yogurt, then roll in bread
crumbs. The crumbs have no problem sticking to the meat and if baked , make a
nice crispy crust.
Rosie
PENMART01

Antoine writes:

>Hello everyone,
> I have a very quick question. What are some tips on breading
>boneless-skinless chicken breast. The problem I am having is that,
>after it's cooked, the bread doesn't stay on the breast too
>well...especially on the bottom. Here is how I am preparing it now:
>
>1. Clean breast and cut off excess fat
>2. Allow it to marinade in Pepper sauce for 30 mins
>3. Sprinkle seasoning on it (Garlic Salt, Season All)
>4. Bake in oven for 35 mins.
>
>Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
>
>Antoine

Kinda difficult to get breading to stick, WHEN YOU DIDN'T USE ANY! Duh.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Dave Smith

LockNess wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I have a very quick question. What are some tips on breading
> boneless-skinless chicken breast. The problem I am having is that,
> after it's cooked, the bread doesn't stay on the breast too
> well...especially on the bottom. Here is how I am preparing it now:
>
> 1. Clean breast and cut off excess fat
> 2. Allow it to marinade in Pepper sauce for 30 mins
> 3. Sprinkle seasoning on it (Garlic Salt, Season All)
> 4. Bake in oven for 35 mins.
>
> Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

I dredge the skinless boneless breasts in seasoned flour, then dip them
in egg wash and roll them in seasoned bread crumbs. Place them in a
greased baking pan and drizzle a little oil or melted butter over them.
Cook them for about 40 minutes at 425, turning them after 20 minutes.
The bread crumb seasoning should have salt and pepper but can also have
combinations, of chopped parsley, oregano, garlic powder, paprika. If
you find it too bland you probably didn't use enough salt.

Nancy Young

Frogleg wrote:

> So where's this breading that's falling off? The usual procedure, as
> Jill says, is a dry-wet-dry process. I haven't tried 'em yet, but many
> seem to favor Japanese panko breadcrumbs (light and flakey) as the
> outside 'dry'. I had pretty fair luck with cornflakes and pecans
> whizzed up in the ol' FP.

I'm not being smart, is that corn flakes and pecans together? Or
are those two different 'breadings'.

nancy
Nexis

"LockNess" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello everyone,
> I have a very quick question. What are some tips on breading
> boneless-skinless chicken breast. The problem I am having is that,
> after it's cooked, the bread doesn't stay on the breast too
> well...especially on the bottom. Here is how I am preparing it now:
>
> 1. Clean breast and cut off excess fat
> 2. Allow it to marinade in Pepper sauce for 30 mins
> 3. Sprinkle seasoning on it (Garlic Salt, Season All)
> 4. Bake in oven for 35 mins.
>
> Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
>

> -Antoine

You don't mention at which point you put the breading on, or what you're
using....so in general, I can tell you, heat your pan before putting the
chicken on it. Just put it in the oven a few minutes before hand.

kimberly

LockNess

The type of breading I've been using is the Shake & Bake breading
mixture mixed with Garlic Salt and Season All. I put that on after I
let the chicken Marinade in Pepper Sauce for 30 mins. At this point,
the chicken is moist from the sauce and the breading stays on,
however, after backing the breading just slides off. Maybe it's just
the shake and bake, so I'm gong to try the crushed corn flakes as
mentioned above, as well as dipping it in the egg before hand. Thanks
everyone for you're replies.

-Antoine

"Nexis" > wrote in message news:<jgp_b.86$506.0@fed1read05>...
> "LockNess" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hello everyone,
> > I have a very quick question. What are some tips on breading
> > boneless-skinless chicken breast. The problem I am having is that,
> > after it's cooked, the bread doesn't stay on the breast too
> > well...especially on the bottom. Here is how I am preparing it now:
> >
> > 1. Clean breast and cut off excess fat
> > 2. Allow it to marinade in Pepper sauce for 30 mins
> > 3. Sprinkle seasoning on it (Garlic Salt, Season All)
> > 4. Bake in oven for 35 mins.
> >
> > Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
> >

> > -Antoine

> You don't mention at which point you put the breading on, or what you're
> using....so in general, I can tell you, heat your pan before putting the
> chicken on it. Just put it in the oven a few minutes before hand.
>
> kimberly

Frogleg

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:27:07 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>Frogleg wrote:
>
>> So where's this breading that's falling off? The usual procedure, as
>> Jill says, is a dry-wet-dry process. I haven't tried 'em yet, but many
>> seem to favor Japanese panko breadcrumbs (light and flakey) as the
>> outside 'dry'. I had pretty fair luck with cornflakes and pecans
>> whizzed up in the ol' FP.

>I'm not being smart, is that corn flakes and pecans together? Or
>are those two different 'breadings'.

Together. I've seen "pecan crusted whatever" on fancy menus, and have
a windfall(!) of pecans. Most of the recipes I looked at combined
chopped/whizzed-up pecans with some sort of 'crumb' -- bread, panko,
or...cornflake. I happened to have cornflakes on hand, and it turned
out very nicely.

jmcquown

Frogleg wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:27:07 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> Frogleg wrote:
>>
>>> So where's this breading that's falling off? The usual procedure, as
>>> Jill says, is a dry-wet-dry process. I haven't tried 'em yet, but
>>> many seem to favor Japanese panko breadcrumbs (light and flakey) as
>>> the outside 'dry'. I had pretty fair luck with cornflakes and pecans
>>> whizzed up in the ol' FP.

>> I'm not being smart, is that corn flakes and pecans together? Or
>> are those two different 'breadings'.

> Together. I've seen "pecan crusted whatever" on fancy menus, and have
> a windfall(!) of pecans. Most of the recipes I looked at combined
> chopped/whizzed-up pecans with some sort of 'crumb' -- bread, panko,
> or...cornflake. I happened to have cornflakes on hand, and it turned
> out very nicely.

I love to use pecans as part of the breading on fish - usually catfish but
sometimes cod. I've never tried it mixed with cornflake crumbs, usually
just with flour.

Jill

hahabogus

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> LockNess wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>> I have a very quick question. What are some tips on breading
>> boneless-skinless chicken breast. The problem I am having is that,
>> after it's cooked, the bread doesn't stay on the breast too
>> well...especially on the bottom. Here is how I am preparing it now:
>>
>> 1. Clean breast and cut off excess fat
>> 2. Allow it to marinade in Pepper sauce for 30 mins
>> 3. Sprinkle seasoning on it (Garlic Salt, Season All)
>> 4. Bake in oven for 35 mins.
>>
>> Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
>>

>> -Antoine

> Use an egg wash. Dredge the breasts in some seasoned flour, dip in
> egg whipped with a little water, then dredge the chicken in the
> breadcrumbs. Make sure the oven is completely hot before you put the
> chicken breasts in to bake.
>
> Jill

Mixing the egg wash with say a tablespoon or so of dijon mustard or any
coarse grain mustard instead of the standard water is nice too. (Works well
on pork butt steaks as well.) I like the Panko bread crumbs...failing
having those corn flake crumbs work well. I season the bread crumbs not the
flour. For chicken I use Penzeys shallot pepper mix or their trinadad lemon
garlic mix along with some parm cheese, some thyme, salt, parsley and
pepper. I tried using that penzeys Allepo pepper (sp??) (the red turkish
pepper) instead of fresh ground black pepper but I didn't really care for
it much on chicken. Also that Hy's seasoning work well in the crumbs too.

My method of breading calls for the coating in flour to be a thin dusting
(more to dry the meat than to coat it). Most of the flour is shaken off. So
I feel not enough seasoning gets to stay on the chicken. The mustard egg
was and the seasoned crumbs seem to me to be a better place for the
seasoning. Also some time say 1/2 hour in the fridge after the bread crumb
coating seems to make it stick on the meat better.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.

Chicken Breast Mikayla Atkins Recipes (moderated) 0 09-11-2007 09:46 PM
Help with dry chicken breast kilikini General Cooking 129 15-06-2007 07:59 PM
chicken breast James General Cooking 36 25-02-2006 02:40 PM
breading for chicken breasts Glitter Ninja General Cooking 6 25-02-2006 03:32 AM
Baked Chicken Breast with Honey Mustard Sauce Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 13-04-2005 05:02 AM