CaptCook

Default bread crumbs

At the last minute I am without bread crumbs for the spinach loaf.
Has anyone ever substituted oat meal? Or corn bread crumbs?
Next year I plan the menu a day ahead. thanks.

Goomba38

CaptCook wrote:
> At the last minute I am without bread crumbs for the spinach loaf.
> Has anyone ever substituted oat meal? Or corn bread crumbs?
> Next year I plan the menu a day ahead. thanks.

What's spinach loaf? Can't you just toast and
grind up some bread that you have in the house? Or
use cracker crumbs? Oats probably are not what you
want to use.
Goomba

Goomba38

CaptCook wrote:
> At the last minute I am without bread crumbs for the spinach loaf.
> Has anyone ever substituted oat meal? Or corn bread crumbs?
> Next year I plan the menu a day ahead. thanks.

What's spinach loaf? Can't you just toast and
grind up some bread that you have in the house? Or
use cracker crumbs? Oats probably are not what you
want to use.
Goomba

Steve Calvin

CaptCook wrote:

> At the last minute I am without bread crumbs for the spinach loaf.
> Has anyone ever substituted oat meal? Or corn bread crumbs?
> Next year I plan the menu a day ahead. thanks.

Got bread and a food processor? Then ya have all that you need for
bread crumbs. No food processor? A blender can be used in a pinch
but put small amounts of bread in it and use pulse, not puree.

--
Steve

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

Steve Calvin

CaptCook wrote:

> At the last minute I am without bread crumbs for the spinach loaf.
> Has anyone ever substituted oat meal? Or corn bread crumbs?
> Next year I plan the menu a day ahead. thanks.

Got bread and a food processor? Then ya have all that you need for
bread crumbs. No food processor? A blender can be used in a pinch
but put small amounts of bread in it and use pulse, not puree.

--
Steve

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

j.lef

Or toast some bread in the toaster or broiler, put into a bag or sack
and wack it till its the consistency your looking for. It will taste better
then those packages seasoned old tasting breadcrumbs you buy in the store
anyway.

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> CaptCook wrote:
>
> > At the last minute I am without bread crumbs for the spinach loaf.
> > Has anyone ever substituted oat meal? Or corn bread crumbs?
> > Next year I plan the menu a day ahead. thanks.
> >

> Got bread and a food processor? Then ya have all that you need for
> bread crumbs. No food processor? A blender can be used in a pinch
> but put small amounts of bread in it and use pulse, not puree.
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
> eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

Patscga

I second the cracker crumbs. Saltines are fine.
Pat
Patscga