Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Kitchen disaster

One of our cabinet shelves collapsed. One of the little plastic things that held it up failed. Many broken dishes and glasses, and a lot of cleanup. The biggest casualty was the Krups espresso machine. The carafe was destroyed, and my wife insisted on tossing the whole thing, and her feelings are a lot more important to me than a hundred or so bucks to buy a new one. Plus, it was really old.

We were both in the living room, and it sounded like the whole danged cabinet fell off the wall. Luckily, I'm a former "janitor," and as much as I hate dealing with broken glass, I'm good at it. No one was in the kitchen when it happened, including the cat, and she stayed away while we cleaned up. If it isn't one thing, it's another.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 9:02:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> One of our cabinet shelves collapsed. One of the little plastic things that held it up failed. Many broken dishes and glasses, and a lot of cleanup. The biggest casualty was the Krups espresso machine. The carafe was destroyed, and my wife insisted on tossing the whole thing, and her feelings are a lot more important to me than a hundred or so bucks to buy a new one. Plus, it was really old.
>
> We were both in the living room, and it sounded like the whole danged cabinet fell off the wall. Luckily, I'm a former "janitor," and as much as I hate dealing with broken glass, I'm good at it. No one was in the kitchen when it happened, including the cat, and she stayed away while we cleaned up. If it isn't one thing, it's another.
> >

> --Bryan

UGH, I know that was a mess to deal with.