Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My latest kitchen near-disaster.(good for a laugh)

This is funny. I had just made a bowl of choc. pudding, which stood on the counter in a bowl, cooling down.

I had a tiny bit of cornstarch left in the container, so decided to make a transfer - adding it to the new container of same. Somehow, I knocked the box into the side of the bowl and sprinkled cornstarch all over the pudding.. I had to choose between mixing it into the pudding ( not a good idea, I figured ) and picking it off with a tiny spoon.

A bit pockmarked, but still tasted good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" <> wrote in message This is funny. I had just made a bowl of choc.
pudding, which stood on the counter in a bowl, cooling down.

I had a tiny bit of cornstarch left in the container, so decided to make a
transfer - adding it to the new container of same. Somehow, I knocked the
box into the side of the bowl and sprinkled cornstarch all over the pudding.
I had to choose between mixing it into the pudding ( not a good idea, I
figured ) and picking it off with a tiny spoon.

A bit pockmarked, but still tasted good.

If I have time and care, I usually lay a sheet of plastic wrap on top of
chocolate pudding to prevent a stiff film from developing. Would that have
removed the dusting of cornstarch? I don't know. Or - you could have
scrubbed a cookie across another cookie and produced a crumby surface. Here
with feeding wolves, it wouldn't have mattered. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 16, 2012 12:20:04 AM UTC-4, Polly Esther wrote:
> "Kalmia" <> wrote in message This is funny. I had just made a bowl of choc.
>
> pudding, which stood on the counter in a bowl, cooling down.
>

> I had a tiny bit of cornstarch left in the container, so decided to make a
>
> transfer - adding it to the new container of same. Somehow, I knocked the
>
> box into the side of the bowl and sprinkled cornstarch all over the pudding.
>
> I had to choose between mixing it into the pudding ( not a good idea, I
>
> figured ) and picking it off with a tiny spoon.
>

> A bit pockmarked, but still tasted good.
>

> If I have time and care, I usually lay a sheet of plastic wrap on top of
>
> chocolate pudding to prevent a stiff film from developing. Would that have
>
> removed the dusting of cornstarch? I don't know. Or - you could have
>
> scrubbed a cookie across another cookie and produced a crumby surface. Here
>
> with feeding wolves, it wouldn't have mattered. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The cookie scrub might've hidden the cornstarch 'snow', but I had my doubts about taste. a. I rarely have cookies in the house and b. I wanted to just plain remove the cornstarch. I have bitten into a muffin and caught a bit of baking soda which didn't incorporate too well, and I just wanted to be rid of that white look or risk a wiseacre comment from dh. e.g. "Didn't you forget to stir in the arsenic?"

I am assuming that arsenic is white and powdery.