Posted to rec.food.cooking
D.Currie

Default Almost a disaster...

I knew today was going to be busy, and I had some free time yesterday, so I
decided to make a batch of ravioli and some sauce yesterday so I could just
cook the noodles and heat the sauce for dinner tonight. Then my brain went
completely to sleep and I put the completed ravioli into a Ziploc bag and
put them in the fridge.

Sometime in the middle of the night I realized that I had done a *very
stupid thing* and went right back to sleep. This morning I pried off the
ravioli that hadn't become part of the Big Clump, and put the clump back
into the fridge. I wasn't sure if I'd have enough ravioli for dinner, but I
had enough to be worth boiling some water. Sigh...

When I finally got back home today, I decided that the Clump was
salvageable. They were cheese ravioli, nothing chunky or lumpy...so they
went into the kitchenaid for a little knead. I added some extra flour, then
kneaded them by hand a bit. Then through the pasta roller a few times. Got a
nice smooth texture. Cut them into fettuccini-sized strips.

I had some left over garlic chicken that I had other plans for, but given
the ravioli shortage, I cut the chicken up, heated the sauce & chicken,
added some lemon juice and cheese, and called it sauce.

Cooked the surviving ravioli and some sauce, cooked some of the new noodles
to go with the garlic/chicken/lemon/cheese sauce. Called it dinner.

It could have been a disaster, but in the end, it all worked out ok. I've
got enough cooked stuff left a lunch or two, and I've got a batch of noodles
drying for later use. I think they'll be really good with just a little
butter or oil. If I had more time, I probably would have made a cheese bread
instead of noodles, but now that I'm thinking about it, I might do a cheesy
bread this weekend. I'll probably do some ravioli for the freezer, too,
since I seem to be in a noodly mood.

--
Donna

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"D.Currie" > wrote:

> I knew today was going to be busy, and I had some free time yesterday, so I
> decided to make a batch of ravioli and some sauce yesterday so I could just
> cook the noodles and heat the sauce for dinner tonight. Then my brain went
> completely to sleep and I put the completed ravioli into a Ziploc bag and
> put them in the fridge.

<snipped>

Nice save!
And the noodles sounded tasty!
--
Om.

Near cooking disaster Kalmia General Cooking 7 29-06-2010 05:45 PM
Sourdough disaster Michael Sourdough 12 20-08-2005 03:11 PM
Recovering from disaster The Cook Preserving 1 30-05-2005 10:35 PM
Dreaming up Disaster! Andy General Cooking 21 26-05-2005 09:29 PM
Disaster Dan Emerson Winemaking 34 04-12-2004 07:02 PM