Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT: Your favorite self-carbonated drink mix

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:08:04 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Jim Lahey wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:46:07 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> Do you really need to explain this to new comer who is cross posting?

>> I was wondering the same thing. Then again, I see Joan replying to
>> your forger at times. I didnt think it was that hard to discern the
>> real you from Bruce's forging of you.
>>

>You should immediately kill file her!

If you say so?
--
The real Jim Lahey posts with a fifth of whiskey at all times
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A kill file is for dummies.

No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.

Besides, most kill file users are not smart enough (or not capable, like a
Google groups user) to ignore a thread branch, so they end up stumbling over
replies to the person in their kill file. The only thing a kill file does is
let a not quite grown up poster taunt other people about being kill filed.

Mutual blocking would be an entirely different matter. But, unfortunately,
that's not available.

The best and only really useful USENET filter is "ignore thread branch", to
ignore a thread or subthread with a single key.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2021 8:11 PM, John Doe wrote:
> A kill file is for dummies.
>
> No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.

They are not my foe. They are idiots that post crap. If I KF them I
don't have to wade through 100 nonsensical posts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 6/10/2021 8:11 PM, John Doe wrote:
> > A kill file is for dummies.
> >
> > No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.
> >

> They are not my foe. They are idiots that post crap. If I KF them I
> don't have to wade through 100 nonsensical posts.

Exactly. And I don't have to see my own 'alter ego' posting things
that obviously I never said.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:47:19 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> On 6/10/2021 8:11 PM, John Doe wrote:
>> > A kill file is for dummies.
>> >
>> > No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.
>> >

>> They are not my foe. They are idiots that post crap. If I KF them I
>> don't have to wade through 100 nonsensical posts.

>Exactly. And I don't have to see my own 'alter ego' posting things
>that obviously I never said.

Tell me about it.

--
Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 06:47:58 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:47:19 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:
>
>>Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> They are not my foe. They are idiots that post crap. If I KF them I
>>> don't have to wade through 100 nonsensical posts.

>>Exactly. And I don't have to see my own 'alter ego' posting things
>>that obviously I never said.

>Tell me about it.

Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:47:19 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> On 6/10/2021 8:11 PM, John Doe wrote:
>> > A kill file is for dummies.
>> >
>> > No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.
>> >

>> They are not my foe. They are idiots that post crap. If I KF them I
>> don't have to wade through 100 nonsensical posts.

>Exactly. And I don't have to see my own 'alter ego' posting things
>that obviously I never said.

Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Doe wrote:

> A kill file is for dummies.
>
> No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.
>
> Besides, most kill file users are not smart enough (or not capable,
> like a Google groups user) to ignore a thread branch, so they end up
> stumbling over replies to the person in their kill file. The only
> thing a kill file does is let a not quite grown up poster taunt other
> people about being kill filed.
>
> Mutual blocking would be an entirely different matter. But,
> unfortunately, that's not available.
>
> The best and only really useful USENET filter is "ignore thread
> branch", to ignore a thread or subthread with a single key.

Only trolls care about killfiles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:45:35 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>John Doe wrote:
>
>> A kill file is for dummies.
>>
>> No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.
>>
>> Besides, most kill file users are not smart enough (or not capable,
>> like a Google groups user) to ignore a thread branch, so they end up
>> stumbling over replies to the person in their kill file. The only
>> thing a kill file does is let a not quite grown up poster taunt other
>> people about being kill filed.
>>
>> Mutual blocking would be an entirely different matter. But,
>> unfortunately, that's not available.
>>
>> The best and only really useful USENET filter is "ignore thread
>> branch", to ignore a thread or subthread with a single key.

>Only trolls care about killfiles.

You often mention yours, silly.

--
Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 06:47:15 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:45:35 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:
>
>>John Doe wrote:
>>
>>> A kill file is for dummies.
>>>
>>> No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.
>>>
>>> Besides, most kill file users are not smart enough (or not capable,
>>> like a Google groups user) to ignore a thread branch, so they end up
>>> stumbling over replies to the person in their kill file. The only
>>> thing a kill file does is let a not quite grown up poster taunt other
>>> people about being kill filed.
>>>
>>> Mutual blocking would be an entirely different matter. But,
>>> unfortunately, that's not available.
>>>
>>> The best and only really useful USENET filter is "ignore thread
>>> branch", to ignore a thread or subthread with a single key.

>>Only trolls care about killfiles.

>You often mention yours, silly.

Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:45:35 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>John Doe wrote:
>
>> A kill file is for dummies.
>>
>> No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.
>>
>> Besides, most kill file users are not smart enough (or not capable,
>> like a Google groups user) to ignore a thread branch, so they end up
>> stumbling over replies to the person in their kill file. The only
>> thing a kill file does is let a not quite grown up poster taunt other
>> people about being kill filed.
>>
>> Mutual blocking would be an entirely different matter. But,
>> unfortunately, that's not available.
>>
>> The best and only really useful USENET filter is "ignore thread
>> branch", to ignore a thread or subthread with a single key.

>Only trolls care about killfiles.

Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-10 6:53 p.m., Jim Lahey wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:46:07 -0400, Dave Smith

>> Do you really need to explain this to new comer who is cross posting?

> I was wondering the same thing. Then again, I see Joan replying to
> your forger at times. I didnt think it was that hard to discern the
> real you from Bruce's forging of you.

Yeah. It must be driving Bruce crazy that non of the legitimate posters
bother to respond to him even when he is forging me. What a coincidence
that we now have a new one whining about kill files.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-06-10 6:53 p.m., Jim Lahey wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:46:07 -0400, Dave Smith

> >> Do you really need to explain this to new comer who is cross

> posting?
> >
> > I was wondering the same thing. Then again, I see Joan replying to
> > your forger at times. I didnt think it was that hard to discern the
> > real you from Bruce's forging of you.
> >

> Yeah. It must be driving Bruce crazy that non of the legitimate
> posters bother to respond to him even when he is forging me. What a
> coincidence that we now have a new one whining about kill files.

Hehe yeah, I saw that. Not sure if related to troll but any out of the
blue diatribe against killfiles is apt to be troll signature.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:53:31 PM UTC-5, Jim Lahey wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:46:07 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
> > Do you really need to explain this to new comer who is cross posting?
> >

> I was wondering the same thing. Then again, I see Joan replying to
> your forger at times. I didnt think it was that hard to discern the
> real you from Bruce's forging of you.

When I reply to David's forger I'm replying to Bruce even though he's too
childish to step from behind the curtain. It's almost as if he's taken on
John Kuthe's persona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 8:19:14 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-06-10 9:13 p.m., wrote:
> >
> > When I reply to David's forger I'm replying to Bruce even though he's too
> > childish to step from behind the curtain. It's almost as if he's taken on
> > John Kuthe's persona.
> >

> That's why who reinforce a troll?

Huh?