Old 11-06-2021, 02:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT: Your favorite self-carbonated drink mix

On 2021-06-10 9:13 p.m., wrote:

When I reply to David's forger I'm replying to Bruce even though he's too
childish to step from behind the curtain. It's almost as if he's taken on
John Kuthe's persona.

That's why who reinforce a troll?

Huh?
Old 11-06-2021, 03:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-10 8:58 p.m., cshenk wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

There does appear to be a lot of traffic, enough to have kicked my
filter into overdrive. I just counted the number of posts that got
logged in my filter... 100 and compared it to the 90 new posts
that made it through. It's kind of funny to see that so many of
them are from one person who happens to be forging my name.

Yup, you've been popular lately.

Perhaps I should feel honoured that the pathetic twit has tried to
gain a little legitimacy here by forging me. If he were a little
smarter he might realize what a failure that has been.

A few get through, but most are easy to identify. LOL, the troll(s)
don't get it that many of us have known one another for decades.

Old 11-06-2021, 03:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-10 6:53 p.m., Jim Lahey wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:46:07 -0400, Dave Smith

Do you really need to explain this to new comer who is cross

posting?

I was wondering the same thing. Then again, I see Joan replying to
your forger at times. I didnt think it was that hard to discern the
real you from Bruce's forging of you.

Yeah. It must be driving Bruce crazy that non of the legitimate
posters bother to respond to him even when he is forging me. What a
coincidence that we now have a new one whining about kill files.

Hehe yeah, I saw that. Not sure if related to troll but any out of the
blue diatribe against killfiles is apt to be troll signature.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 8:29:18 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

As slow as people who respond to nymshifting forgers?

I KNOW when I respond to your forger it's Bruce.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2021 8:11 PM, John Doe wrote:
A kill file is for dummies.

No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.

They are not my foe. They are idiots that post crap. If I KF them I
don't have to wade through 100 nonsensical posts.

Old 11-06-2021, 06:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:47:36 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 8:29:18 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

As slow as people who respond to nymshifting forgers?

I KNOW when I respond to your forger it's Bruce.

Yes, some people aren't able to make that distinction, though.

I have a reason for using Dave's name (and adding that I'm not him).
I've explained it a few times, but it should be obvious, except to
Dave, apparently.

--
Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Old 11-06-2021, 10:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:59:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On 6/10/2021 5:11 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:40:31 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Does anyone have any recipes from Europe? ducking

Jill

*SMACK!*

LOL! I never did understand why Usenet was part of a college
curriculum. It was old technology even by 1996 standards.
Jill

It wasn't part of the curriculum. They got an account for their
coursework (almost all were engineering or computer science dweebs)
and discovered this great place where they could annoy people all
over the world.

Cindy Hamilton

Old 11-06-2021, 10:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 7:53:42 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 9:58:59 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:51:54 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
I've been on USENET for 25 years.

Is that all?

I see you use Eternal September. I remember when Usenet actually was
different in September, when all the college freshmen got their first
accounts at their university and discovered Usenet.

Cindy Hamilton

September was the month that AOL first offered Usenet access to the members of its service. The problem wasn't students, it was AOL users and after that, the influx of users with new internet access. Then came the spammers. Usenet has pretty much been ****ed up since then.

AOL doesn't have anything to do with it. Universities had Usenet long before AOL
was a gleam in Steve Case's eye.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 11-06-2021, 11:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 02:13:04 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

[...]

Before usenet we had BB = Bulletin Boards, it was novel and led to
usenet which was far better.
Old 11-06-2021, 05:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Doe wrote:

A kill file is for dummies.

No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.

Besides, most kill file users are not smart enough (or not capable,
like a Google groups user) to ignore a thread branch, so they end up
stumbling over replies to the person in their kill file. The only
thing a kill file does is let a not quite grown up poster taunt other
people about being kill filed.

Mutual blocking would be an entirely different matter. But,
unfortunately, that's not available.

The best and only really useful USENET filter is "ignore thread
branch", to ignore a thread or subthread with a single key.

Only trolls care about killfiles.
Old 11-06-2021, 05:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/10/2021 8:11 PM, John Doe wrote:
A kill file is for dummies.

No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.

They are not my foe. They are idiots that post crap. If I KF them I
don't have to wade through 100 nonsensical posts.

Exactly. And I don't have to see my own 'alter ego' posting things
that obviously I never said.
Old 11-06-2021, 06:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 5:04:48 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:34:07 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
I'm about through with a third 60 L CO2 canister.

Have tried a few different drink mixes.

So far, Crystal Lite Fruit Punch is the winner, hands down.
Surprising what they can do with artificial flavor... Obviously the aspartame
helps (if you like aspartame). It was good to begin with, now it's marvelous.
Probably helps to get the mixture right.

Any suggestion in that taste category? Thanks.

Sorry, I don't require that my beverages be carbonated or flavored.
I mainly drink plain water.

I sometimes do to. Some people even drink something called "branch water". Sometimes even with bourbon. Its called a Bourbon and Branch. Not that absolutely every single DAMN thing that I have to say has to always have something to do with drinking)