Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight 4/9/2021

Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.

What's on your menu?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:36:31 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
>cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>
>What's on your menu?
>
>Jill

Spaghetti carbonara.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 6:36:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
> cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>
> What's on your menu?
>
> Jill

Philly steak sandwich, sans the cooked onions and peppers and Steakhouse
Potato salad. Plus a can of ice cold coke; maybe a popsicle later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/9/2021 7:36 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
> cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>
> What's on your menu?
>
> Jill

Lazy night... left over pizza.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
>cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>
>What's on your menu?
>
>Jill

Lasagna.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-09 7:36 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
> cornbread.Â* And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>
> What's on your menu?

Sounds good.
We had salmon, air fries and steamed asparagus.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/9/2021 6:36 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
> cornbread.Â* And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>
> What's on your menu?
>
> Jill

We had fajitas , chicken for her and steak for me . We also finished
off the Spanish rice I cooked a few days ago .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 00:36 10 Apr 2021, jmcquown said:

> Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
> cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>
> What's on your menu?
>
> Jill

Sound excellent -- although I am not sure milk is all that good for me
these days. I used to drink it a lot but I read many people have
sensitivities to it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 11:04:14 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

> On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 8:49:11 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >
> > Philly steak sandwich, sans the cooked onions and peppers.
> >

> MMM, provalone, greasy grilled bread and plenty of salt !!

Awwwww, I hate to burst your bubble but the bread had a paper-thin smear of butter
on it to promote browning and I do mean paper-thin. The meat was shaved steak that
I cooked with a good sprinkling of spicy Montreal seasoning. Yes, it has some salt in
it but not much.

> > and Steakhouse Potato salad. Plus a can of ice-cold coke; maybe a popsicle later.
> >

> MMM, whiskey and coke !!!

I hate to burst your bubble again, but it was just a plain coke, no alcohol involved. Where
did you get the idea that I'd spoil a great sandwich with whiskey and coke? That's two
combinations I've never cared for.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-10 6:18 p.m., Pamela wrote:

> Milk has a large number of nutrients which is why there's much for
> people to be sensitive to.
>
> In addiiton, two thirds of the world can't tolerate lactose. The
> third that can are mostly European.
>
> I like milk but too much and it doesn't like me.

That is close to the way I would describe milk for me. I don't dislike
the taste. It's more a matter of having developed an aversion to it
because of the way it affects me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 5:44:11 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-04-10 6:18 p.m., Pamela wrote:
>
> > Milk has a large number of nutrients which is why there's much for
> > people to be sensitive to.
> >
> > In addiiton, two thirds of the world can't tolerate lactose. The
> > third that can are mostly European.
> >
> > I like milk but too much and it doesn't like me.
> >

> That is close to the way I would describe milk for me. I don't dislike
> the taste. It's more a matter of having developed an aversion to it
> because of the way it affects me.

I LOVE the stuff and buy a gallon of whole milk every week.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-10 7:53 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 12:18:40 PM UTC-10, Pamela wrote:

third that can are mostly European.

>> I like milk but too much and it doesn't like me.

> I got me some kefir from Whole Foods yesterday. I wanted to "give it a shot." I'm not a fan but it was kind of pricey so I'm finishing it! OTOH, I can drink the stuff with no problem - except for the taste, of course.

Did you get the plain stuff or flavoured? Straight kefir is pretty sour,
but the flavoured stuff is more like a milkshake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 2:03:56 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-10 7:53 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 12:18:40 PM UTC-10, Pamela wrote:

> third that can are mostly European.
> >>
> >> I like milk but too much and it doesn't like me.

> > I got me some kefir from Whole Foods yesterday. I wanted to "give it a shot." I'm not a fan but it was kind of pricey so I'm finishing it! OTOH, I can drink the stuff with no problem - except for the taste, of course.
> >

> Did you get the plain stuff or flavoured? Straight kefir is pretty sour,
> but the flavoured stuff is more like a milkshake.

This is raspberry flavored stuff and made with whole milk. On the bright side, the product will probably help with my digestion. It's got a battery of bacteria in it. Heck it might work too good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:36:31 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
> cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>
> What's on your menu?

A half a pre-made "Italian Deli" sub from Walmart with hot red
cherry pepper relish.

Tonight it will be Italian sausages, peppers and onions.

And since I forget to "send:" earlier and they just so happen to be
sitting here now.... the obligatory picture.

https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 6:12:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> They make lots of brands of lactose-free milk. Then again, I guess many
> people simply don't like milk. I find it quite refreshing but it has to
> be very cold.
>
> Jill

Me too, v.e.r.y. cold.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 7:17:50 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > I LOVE the stuff and buy a gallon of whole milk every week.
> >

> It's good stuff for me too. I always thought that only the dinks
> and gooks have problems digesting milk, but maybe its more
> widespread and dangerous than I thought. Do you reckon it's as
> dangerous as peanuts? Folks are dropping dead from everything these
> day, even things that never hurt anybody a few decades before.

Heck, I never heard of any food allergies until 20-25 years ago. And
to think as a kid I ate enough peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to
build a house out of bread and use the peanut butter as mortar. Hahahaaaa
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 7:19:58 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Oh yeah ... **** on the watered down stuff. 1% 2% ... that's just crap.

That's just colored water! Probably white shoe polish with water added.

;o)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:36:31 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
>> cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>>
>> What's on your menu?

> A half a pre-made "Italian Deli" sub from Walmart with hot red
> cherry pepper relish.
>
> Tonight it will be Italian sausages, peppers and onions.
>
> And since I forget to "send:" earlier and they just so happen to be
> sitting here now.... the obligatory picture.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg
>
> -sw

If the photo isn't on a deck railing it's not from you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alex wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:36:31 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > > Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
> > > cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with
> > > it.
> > >
> > > What's on your menu?

> > A half a pre-made "Italian Deli" sub from Walmart with hot red
> > cherry pepper relish.
> >
> > Tonight it will be Italian sausages, peppers and onions.
> >
> > And since I forget to "send:" earlier and they just so happen to be
> > sitting here now.... the obligatory picture.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg

That looks awful, even for a kid.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 18:25:52 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

> On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 8:00:48 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> A half a pre-made "Italian Deli" sub from Walmart with hot red
>> cherry pepper relish.
>>
>> Tonight it will be Italian sausages, peppers and onions.
>>
>> And since I forget to "send:" earlier and they just so happen to be
>> sitting here now.... the obligatory picture.

https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg

> I'd like mine without the tomato stuff, please.

Jesus ****. Do you pull this shit with everybody's posts, or just
mine? Because I'd hate to killfile you, but it would be justified.

No, you can't have yours any other way afetr the fact than how I
served/ate it. You want it your way - go to Burger ****ing King.

> Spicy brown mustard

On Italian sausages sandwiches? You've never had them, apparently.
You don't put mustard on Italian snausage, onion, and peppers
sandwiches. Are you nutz? But I do often do them without tomato
sauce.

> would be my choice if I had my druthers.

Yeah, you gotta kitchen with plenty of druthers in the cabinets.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 23:07:49 -0400, Alex wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:36:31 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
>>> cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>>>
>>> What's on your menu?

>> A half a pre-made "Italian Deli" sub from Walmart with hot red
>> cherry pepper relish.
>>
>> Tonight it will be Italian sausages, peppers and onions.
>>
>> And since I forget to "send:" earlier and they just so happen to be
>> sitting here now.... the obligatory picture.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg

> If the photo isn't on a deck railing it's not from you!

I haven't had a deck railing, or a deck, for 4+ years. That first
step out my back kitchen door drops almost 3 feet. We slide drinks
across the kitchen floor to serve people at waist-level in the back
yard.

One of the boards in the deck gave out and my whole leg went
through, ripping through my thigh and upper saphenous vein on a
horizontal nail. It was a *huge* bloodbath, ambulance, fire trucks,
and three days in the hospital. It didn't help that I was alone with
my leg impaled on a nail in the back yard without a phone and the
kitchen door was locked. So out of spite I ripped the whole deck
down. But I could have saved the half of it (so Allstate tells me,
and would have paid for it, *******s).

The original owners doubled the size of the deck right after it was
built and the tie-in between the 2 15-foot sections were shitty
fishbone patterned 4" x 12" x 1" slats at an angle attached to 1/2
of a 2x4 joist in the middle (.75" to each side of the fishspine).
And that's where I went though. And since you may remember the state
of the railing, it's not hard to imagine the state of the cheap
tie-in.

So **** you!!!!! I've called "Olde World Decking" and they're going
to come down from St Louis to replace my deck for a mere
$131,113.31!! In the meantime I'm taking my most "important"
pictures out on the front porch instead.

https://postimg.cc/H8V3gpX6

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/11/2021 1:59 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 23:07:49 -0400, Alex wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> A half a pre-made "Italian Deli" sub from Walmart with hot red
>>> cherry pepper relish.
>>>
>>> Tonight it will be Italian sausages, peppers and onions.
>>>
>>> And since I forget to "send:" earlier and they just so happen to be
>>> sitting here now.... the obligatory picture.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg

>> If the photo isn't on a deck railing it's not from you!

> I haven't had a deck railing, or a deck, for 4+ years. That first
> step out my back kitchen door drops almost 3 feet. We slide drinks
> across the kitchen floor to serve people at waist-level in the back
> yard.
>
> One of the boards in the deck gave out and my whole leg went
> through, ripping through my thigh and upper saphenous vein on a
> horizontal nail. It was a *huge* bloodbath, ambulance, fire trucks,
> and three days in the hospital. It didn't help that I was alone with
> my leg impaled on a nail in the back yard without a phone and the
> kitchen door was locked. So out of spite I ripped the whole deck
> down. But I could have saved the half of it (so Allstate tells me,
> and would have paid for it, *******s).
>
> The original owners doubled the size of the deck right after it was
> built and the tie-in between the 2 15-foot sections were shitty
> fishbone patterned 4" x 12" x 1" slats at an angle attached to 1/2
> of a 2x4 joist in the middle (.75" to each side of the fishspine).
> And that's where I went though. And since you may remember the state
> of the railing, it's not hard to imagine the state of the cheap
> tie-in.
>
> So **** you!!!!! I've called "Olde World Decking" and they're going
> to come down from St Louis to replace my deck for a mere
> $131,113.31!! In the meantime I'm taking my most "important"
> pictures out on the front porch instead.
>
> https://postimg.cc/H8V3gpX6
>
> -sw

Did you save that skull for next Halloween?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 12:57:21 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 18:25:52 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
> > On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 8:00:48 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> >>
> >> A half a pre-made "Italian Deli" sub from Walmart with hot red
> >> cherry pepper relish.
> >>
> >> Tonight it will be Italian sausages, peppers and onions.
> >>
> >> And since I forget to "send:" earlier and they just so happen to be
> >> sitting here now.... the obligatory picture.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg
> >>

> > I'd like mine without the tomato stuff, please.

> Jesus ****. Do you pull this shit with everybody's posts, or just
> mine? Because I'd hate to killfile you, but it would be justified.
>
> No, you can't have yours any other way afetr the fact than how I
> served/ate it. You want it your way - go to Burger ****ing King.
>
> > Spicy brown mustard

> On Italian sausages sandwiches? You've never had them, apparently.
> You don't put mustard on Italian snausage, onion, and peppers
> sandwiches. Are you nutz? But I do often do them without tomato
> sauce.

Eh. It's the way she likes them. I wouldn't use peppers. Different
strokes for different folks.

And yes, people make similar comments about other posters' foods.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 00:59:43 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> So **** you!!!!! I've called "Olde World Decking" and they're going to

Don't forget the copper-flashed church steeple / Uzi conning tower.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-11 1:59 a.m., Sqwertz wrote:
..

> One of the boards in the deck gave out and my whole leg went
> through, ripping through my thigh and upper saphenous vein on a
> horizontal nail. It was a *huge* bloodbath, ambulance, fire trucks,
> and three days in the hospital. It didn't help that I was alone with
> my leg impaled on a nail in the back yard without a phone and the
> kitchen door was locked.

Ouch. That had to hurt.
I used to work with a guy who had a similar accident on the dock at his
cottage. It was a valuable lesson for me. Bill had worked there for
about 30 years and had never taken a sick day. He took one for that,
and the *******s hassled him over it because there is a policy that if
you took a vacation day the day before or after vacation you had to have
a doctor's note.

> So **** you!!!!! I've called "Olde World Decking" and they're going
> to come down from St Louis to replace my deck for a mere
> $131,113.31!!

LMAO

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 8:22:04 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 12:57:21 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 18:25:52 -0700 (PDT),
> > wrote:

> > > I'd like mine without the tomato stuff, please.

> > Jesus ****. Do you pull this shit with everybody's posts, or just
> > mine? Because I'd hate to killfile you, but it would be justified.
> >
> > No, you can't have yours any other way afetr the fact than how I
> > served/ate it. You want it your way - go to Burger ****ing King.
> >
> > > Spicy brown mustard

> > On Italian sausages sandwiches? You've never had them, apparently.
> > You don't put mustard on Italian snausage, onion, and peppers
> > sandwiches. Are you nutz? But I do often do them without tomato
> > sauce.

> Eh. It's the way she likes them. I wouldn't use peppers. Different
> strokes for different folks.

Sauté with provalone and onions and sometimes with red peppers or sometimes with green peppers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 20:00:42 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 19:36:31 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Red Beans & Rice with andouille sausage and I baked a skillet of
>> cornbread. And yes, I'll have a glass of cold milk to go with it.
>>
>> What's on your menu?

>A half a pre-made "Italian Deli" sub from Walmart with hot red
>cherry pepper relish.
>
>Tonight it will be Italian sausages, peppers and onions.
>
>And since I forget to "send:" earlier and they just so happen to be
>sitting here now.... the obligatory picture.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg
>
>-sw

Sounds good. I think that is what I will fix for dinner tonight. I've
always got plenty of bratwurst in the freezer and we haven't had the
peppers/onion combo in a long time. I just have to get some hoagi
rolls from Albertsons.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 11:57:21 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 18:25:52 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
> >
> > On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 8:00:48 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg
> >>

> > I'd like mine without the tomato stuff, please.
> >

> Jesus ****. Do you pull this shit with everybody's posts, or just
> mine? Because I'd hate to killfile you, but it would be justified.

No, I don't and that was a lie you just posted. You've posted many
food pictures I have drooled over and never asked for mine to be
served a different way. Killfile me if you can't take an opinion/
criticism different from yours, no skin off my nose. OhFeelMe will
welcome you to her 'I've been insulted' club with open arms.

> No, you can't have yours any other way afetr the fact than how I
> served/ate it. You want it your way - go to Burger ****ing King.

I would have ordered mine differently, sorry that gets your draws in
a knot.

> > Spicy brown mustard

> On Italian sausages sandwiches? You've never had them, apparently.
> You don't put mustard on Italian snausage, onion, and peppers
> sandwiches. Are you nutz? But I do often do them without tomato
> sauce.

A.n.o.t.h.e.r. disappointment/shock for you. If I don't have onions and/or
peppers I always eat them with spicy brown mustard. You must be living
under a rock as I've shared this more than once.

> > would be my choice if I had my druthers.
> >

> Yeah, you gotta kitchen with plenty of druthers in the cabinets.
>
> -sw

That's right, my kitchen, I'll eat what I want how I want it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 11:57:21 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 18:25:52 -0700 (PDT),
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 8:00:48 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg

> > > I'd like mine without the tomato stuff, please.
> > >

> > Jesus ****. Do you pull this shit with everybody's posts, or just
> > mine? Because I'd hate to killfile you, but it would be justified.
> >

> No, I don't and that was a lie you just posted. You've posted many
> food pictures I have drooled over and never asked for mine to be
> served a different way. Killfile me if you can't take an opinion/
> criticism different from yours, no skin off my nose.

"But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem
that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism." (Sqwertz)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 23:07:49 -0400, Alex wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> A half a pre-made "Italian Deli" sub from Walmart with hot red
>>> cherry pepper relish.
>>>
>>> Tonight it will be Italian sausages, peppers and onions.
>>>
>>> And since I forget to "send:" earlier and they just so happen to be
>>> sitting here now.... the obligatory picture.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/jjjK6fCK/Italia...sage-Rolls.jpg

>> If the photo isn't on a deck railing it's not from you!

> I haven't had a deck railing, or a deck, for 4+ years. That first
> step out my back kitchen door drops almost 3 feet. We slide drinks
> across the kitchen floor to serve people at waist-level in the back
> yard.
>
> One of the boards in the deck gave out and my whole leg went
> through, ripping through my thigh and upper saphenous vein on a
> horizontal nail. It was a *huge* bloodbath, ambulance, fire trucks,
> and three days in the hospital. It didn't help that I was alone with
> my leg impaled on a nail in the back yard without a phone and the
> kitchen door was locked. So out of spite I ripped the whole deck
> down. But I could have saved the half of it (so Allstate tells me,
> and would have paid for it, *******s).
>
> The original owners doubled the size of the deck right after it was
> built and the tie-in between the 2 15-foot sections were shitty
> fishbone patterned 4" x 12" x 1" slats at an angle attached to 1/2
> of a 2x4 joist in the middle (.75" to each side of the fishspine).
> And that's where I went though. And since you may remember the state
> of the railing, it's not hard to imagine the state of the cheap
> tie-in.
>
> So **** you!!!!! I've called "Olde World Decking" and they're going
> to come down from St Louis to replace my deck for a mere
> $131,113.31!! In the meantime I'm taking my most "important"
> pictures out on the front porch instead.
>
> https://postimg.cc/H8V3gpX6
>
> -sw

What a mess!Â* You got lucky.

I'll come down there and replace it for $129,999.99 with Ipe and copper
nails!