Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ham leftovers, one woman's approach

Monday lefover ham was:

Deviled Ham
From Food Network

Winning deviled ham
Food Network
Ingredients
1 pound smoked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoons hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)****
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon mustard powder
Salt
Pepper
Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until
smooth. Use as a sandwich filling or spread on crackers for a snack.

Excellent 4/26/2019
****USE ONE TEASPOON OR LESS OF TABASCO. ONE TABLESPOON TABASCO IS
TOO MUCH!

Tuesday Night will be Fried Rice:
I'll probably use the seasoning packet and directions from Kikkoman.
With a side of leftover broccoli from Sunday.

Chocolate Tuxedo Cake from Costco for dessert.

Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:20:59 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> Monday lefover ham was:
>
> Deviled Ham
> From Food Network
>
> Winning deviled ham
> Food Network
> Ingredients
> 1 pound smoked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
> 1/2 cup mayonnaise
> 1/4 cup prepared mustard
> 1/2 cup chopped onion
> 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
> 3 tablespoons maple syrup
> 1 tablespoons hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)****
> 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
> 2 teaspoons paprika
> 1 teaspoon mustard powder
> Salt
> Pepper
> Directions
> 1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until
> smooth. Use as a sandwich filling or spread on crackers for a snack.
>
> Excellent 4/26/2019
> ****USE ONE TEASPOON OR LESS OF TABASCO. ONE TABLESPOON TABASCO IS
> TOO MUCH!
>
> Tuesday Night will be Fried Rice:
> I'll probably use the seasoning packet and directions from Kikkoman.
> With a side of leftover broccoli from Sunday.
>
> Chocolate Tuxedo Cake from Costco for dessert.

Greens simmered in smoked ham is great with a side of deviled eggs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 5:36:15 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

> Greens simmered in smoked ham is great with a side of deviled eggs.

Yes!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 15:36:11 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:20:59 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
>> Monday lefover ham was:
>>
>> Deviled Ham
>> From Food Network
>>
>> Winning deviled ham
>> Food Network
>> Ingredients
>> 1 pound smoked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
>> 1/2 cup mayonnaise
>> 1/4 cup prepared mustard
>> 1/2 cup chopped onion
>> 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
>> 3 tablespoons maple syrup
>> 1 tablespoons hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)****
>> 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
>> 2 teaspoons paprika
>> 1 teaspoon mustard powder
>> Salt
>> Pepper
>> Directions
>> 1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until
>> smooth. Use as a sandwich filling or spread on crackers for a snack.
>>
>> Excellent 4/26/2019
>> ****USE ONE TEASPOON OR LESS OF TABASCO. ONE TABLESPOON TABASCO IS
>> TOO MUCH!
>>
>> Tuesday Night will be Fried Rice:
>> I'll probably use the seasoning packet and directions from Kikkoman.
>> With a side of leftover broccoli from Sunday.
>>
>> Chocolate Tuxedo Cake from Costco for dessert.

>Greens simmered in smoked ham is great with a side of deviled eggs.

thanks for the tip
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 6:36:15 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:20:59 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> > Monday lefover ham was:
> >
> > Deviled Ham
> > From Food Network
> >
> > Winning deviled ham
> > Food Network
> > Ingredients
> > 1 pound smoked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
> > 1/2 cup mayonnaise
> > 1/4 cup prepared mustard
> > 1/2 cup chopped onion
> > 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
> > 3 tablespoons maple syrup
> > 1 tablespoons hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)****
> > 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
> > 2 teaspoons paprika
> > 1 teaspoon mustard powder
> > Salt
> > Pepper
> > Directions
> > 1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until
> > smooth. Use as a sandwich filling or spread on crackers for a snack.
> >
> > Excellent 4/26/2019
> > ****USE ONE TEASPOON OR LESS OF TABASCO. ONE TABLESPOON TABASCO IS
> > TOO MUCH!
> >
> > Tuesday Night will be Fried Rice:
> > I'll probably use the seasoning packet and directions from Kikkoman.
> > With a side of leftover broccoli from Sunday.
> >
> > Chocolate Tuxedo Cake from Costco for dessert.

> Greens simmered in smoked ham is great with a side of deviled eggs.

I had that meal some time in the 1990's along with several other dishes.