Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The good stuff

The ribs were good, and the broth will contribute greatly to a hell of a pork
soup or stew.

<https://postimg.cc/Cn82TqyS>

and

<https://postimg.cc/fkSp06Vp>

Don´t even bother to filter the broth into a container for freezing. Most
of the grunge sticks to the glass. Any fat one wants to discard can be done
before using the fatty broth.
I know this is old-hat to many, but I used to throw the broth away. What a
mistake!

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 6:41:45 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:
> The ribs were good, and the broth will contribute greatly to a hell of a pork
> soup or stew.
>
> <https://postimg.cc/Cn82TqyS>
>
> and
>
> <https://postimg.cc/fkSp06Vp>
>
> Don´t even bother to filter the broth into a container for freezing. Most
> of the grunge sticks to the glass. Any fat one wants to discard can be done
> before using the fatty broth.
> I know this is old-hat to many, but I used to throw the broth away. What a
> mistake!
>
> leo

Not too shabby, Leo...

;-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 6:41:45 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:

> The ribs were good, and the broth will contribute greatly to a hell of a pork
> soup or stew.
>
> <https://postimg.cc/Cn82TqyS>
>
> and
>
> <https://postimg.cc/fkSp06Vp>
>
> Don´t even bother to filter the broth into a container for freezing. Most
> of the grunge sticks to the glass. Any fat one wants to discard can be done
> before using the fatty broth.
> I know this is old-hat to many, but I used to throw the broth away. What a
> mistake!
>
> leo

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What did the others in the house
enjoy?

)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 19:23:41 -0700, Leo >
wrote:

>On 2021 Apr 2, , wrote
>(in >):
>
>> Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What did the others in the house
>> enjoy?

>They´re the only ones who´ve eaten it so far. I´m having a beer. But I
>deserve it.
>I got up at 2:30 AM with no plan. I cooked the brussel sprouts and potatoes,
>mashed the potatoes, took the parchment off the pork ribs, salted, peppered
>and sectioned them and put them in the casserole.
>Then I watered our shamrock, cleaned winter borne sticks out of the backyard,
>got our swamp cooler up and running (I hope I´m not to early), did some
>financial stuff, took an envelope to the post office and got some stuff from
>the hardware store.
>Then I talked with my neighbor about repairing our communal fence, because he
>has an aggressive pit bull and came to a consensus. At 11:30 AM, I chucked
>the ribs into the oven. At 4:00 PM, I took the ribs out, sliced and slathered
>them, microwaved the potatoes and brussel sprouts and told the women that
>they were on their own.
>I think I did one or two other things. I´ve already been up seventeen
>hours, and I don´t even use meth. I deserve the beer. They agree ;-)

I get tired just trying to imagine what your days were like when you
were young.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Apr 2, , Dr. Bruce wrote
(in article >):

> I get tired just trying to imagine what your days were like when you
> were young.

I was mostly at work. Oh, and I forgot, I also cut my hair today. I knew I
missed one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 9:23:47 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Apr 2, , wrote
> (in >):
> > Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What did the others in the house
> > enjoy?

> They´re the only ones who´ve eaten it so far. I´m having a beer. But I
> deserve it.

I would have had a hard time sharing that pork.
))

> I got up at 2:30 AM with no plan. I cooked the brussel sprouts and potatoes,
> mashed the potatoes, took the parchment off the pork ribs, salted, peppered
> and sectioned them and put them in the casserole.

You lost me at the Brussel sprouts.
But you've been a busy young man today!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leo wrote:

> The ribs were good, and the broth will contribute greatly to a hell
> of a pork soup or stew.
>
> <https://postimg.cc/Cn82TqyS>
>
> and
>
> <https://postimg.cc/fkSp06Vp>
>
> Don´t even bother to filter the broth into a container for freezing.
> Most of the grunge sticks to the glass. Any fat one wants to discard
> can be done before using the fatty broth.
> I know this is old-hat to many, but I used to throw the broth away.
> What a mistake!
>
> leo

Good looking ribs and broth there!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/3/2021 2:55 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Leo wrote:
>

>> They´re the only ones who´ve eaten it so far. I´m having a beer. But
>> I deserve it.
>> I got up at 2:30 AM with no plan.

> +1!
>
> I sometimes wake really early too. No special reason but sometimes,
> can't get back to sleep so give up and get up.

When I get up at 2:30 I have a plan. The plan it to take a leak and go
back to bed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 4/3/2021 2:55 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Leo wrote:
> >

> > > They´re the only ones who´ve eaten it so far. I´m having a beer.
> > > But I deserve it.
> > > I got up at 2:30 AM with no plan.

> > +1!
> >
> > I sometimes wake really early too. No special reason but sometimes,
> > can't get back to sleep so give up and get up.
> >

> When I get up at 2:30 I have a plan. The plan it to take a leak and

LOL, I do that too, then try to go back to sleep. If it doesn't work,
I get up and let it be.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/3/2021 5:32 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> When I get up at 2:30 I have a plan. The plan it to take a leak and

> LOL, I do that too, then try to go back to sleep. If it doesn't work,
> I get up and let it be.

If I sleep with hookers does that make me a buysexual?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:18:07 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 1:04:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> > On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 9:23:47 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:
> > > On 2021 Apr 2, , wrote
> > > (in >):
> > > They´re the only ones who´ve eaten it so far. I´m having a beer. But I
> > > deserve it.
> > >

> > I would have had a hard time sharing that pork.
> > ))
> > >
> > > I got up at 2:30 AM with no plan. I cooked the brussel sprouts and potatoes,
> > > mashed the potatoes, took the parchment off the pork ribs, salted, peppered
> > > and sectioned them and put them in the casserole.

> > You lost me at the Brussel sprouts.

> Me, too. I always thought they tasted rather bitter. Like squash, beets and cauliflower.

That's a feature, not a bug.

A little bitterness can make food interesting. Of course, depending on how your
taste buds are wired, a little bitterness can seem like a lot.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:52:02 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:18:07 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> > > >
> > > I would have had a hard time sharing that pork.
> > > ))

> > > You lost me at the Brussel sprouts.

> > Me, too. I always thought they tasted rather bitter. Like squash, beets and cauliflower.

> That's a feature, not a bug.

I like spinach, lettuce, kale, tomatoes because they don't have that feature/bug.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:

> On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:52:02 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:18:07 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > Me, too. I always thought they tasted rather bitter. Like squash,
> > > beets and cauliflower.

> > That's a feature, not a bug.

> I like spinach, lettuce, kale, tomatoes because they don't have that
> feature/bug.

A bit of bitter is an adult flavour. Children don't like it, generally.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 5:51:01 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

> On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:52:02 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Me, too. I always thought they tasted rather bitter. Like squash, beets and cauliflower.
> > >

> > That's a feature, not a bug.
> >

> I like spinach, lettuce, kale, tomatoes because they don't have that feature/bug.

Me, too. Brussel sprouts just have that bitter sulphury taste to me. They're
in the cabbage family but I don't get those notes from cabbage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 6:52:58 PM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:

> wrote:
>
> Brussel sprouts just have that bitter sulphury taste to me.
>
> > They're in the cabbage family but I don't get those notes from
> > cabbage.
> >

> We know, Joan. You don't like Brussel sprouts. We know.

I just wanted to refresh your memory in case you had forgotten.
Mission accomplished.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 7:06:53 PM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to refresh your memory in case you had forgotten.
> > Mission accomplished.
> >

> Thank you, that's very considerate.

You're welcome. Anything else you need to know?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 7:21:00 PM UTC-5, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 4/4/2021 4:51 PM, wrote:
> >
> > Brussel sprouts just have that bitter sulphury taste to me. They're
> > in the cabbage family but I don't get those notes from cabbage.
> >

> Modern Brussel Sprouts are far less bitter than those of yesteryear.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!! Nope.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 7:31:46 PM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:

> I don't know what y'all call
> it. This stuff:
> <https://www.okokorecepten.nl/i/recepten/redactie/2007-4/witlof-appelsaus-500.jpg>
>
> Unfortunately, the bitterer, the healthier (or healthfuller for soy
> boys).

Endive.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 18:10:31 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 7:31:46 PM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:
>>
>> I don't know what y'all call
>> it. This stuff:
>> <https://www.okokorecepten.nl/i/recepten/redactie/2007-4/witlof-appelsaus-500.jpg>
>>
>> Unfortunately, the bitterer, the healthier (or healthfuller for soy
>> boys).
>>

>Endive.

Thanks. What do you call this then?

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cichorium_endivia#/media/File:Escarola_Cabell_d'%C3%80ngel.jpg>

I thought that was endive. It's like a bitter lettuce with small
leaves.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:22:13 PM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:

> Yes, do you also hate this and what do you call it?
>
> <https://www.theseedcollection.com.au/assets/full/B4-09.jpg?20201210125252>

I've already answered this question.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 9:04:41 PM UTC-5, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> On 4/4/2021 6:09 PM, wrote:
> >
> >> Modern Brussel Sprouts are far less bitter than those of yesteryear.
> >>

> > HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!! Nope.
> >

> It true, ya dope!

Sooooooo, those Brussel sprouts I tasted last year are 'yesteryear' sprouts?
Would they really be that much of a difference taste of 6-8 months ago I tasted
them than what I'd taste today??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 19:26:37 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:22:13 PM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Yes, do you also hate this and what do you call it?
>>
>> <https://www.theseedcollection.com.au/assets/full/B4-09.jpg?20201210125252>
>>

>I've already answered this question.

You have indeed, ma'am, but sometimes newsgroup cookies crumble out of
chronological order.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 9:29:06 PM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 19:26:37 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >I've already answered this question.
> >

> You have indeed, ma'am, but sometimes newsgroup cookies crumble out of
> chronological order.

Aw well, the best way to clean up this mess is with a glass of milk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 19:28:48 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>> > HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!! Nope.
>> >

>> It true, ya dope!
>>

>Sooooooo, those Brussel sprouts I tasted last year are 'yesteryear' sprouts?
>Would they really be that much of a difference taste of 6-8 months ago I tasted
>them than what I'd taste today??

I think you'd need to go back 40 years or so to notice a difference.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 9:40:02 PM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 19:28:48 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

> >> It true, ya dope!
> >>

> >Sooooooo, those Brussel sprouts I tasted last year are 'yesteryear' sprouts?
> >Would they really be that much of a difference taste of 6-8 months ago I tasted
> >them than what I'd taste today??
> >

> I think you'd need to go back 40 years or so to notice a difference.

Wellllll now, that begs the question, are there any 40 year old Brussel sprouts
hanging around?? I bet they would be beyond bitter!