Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The good stuff

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 10:09:12 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

> Taxed and Spent wrote:
> >
> > It doesn't matter how healthy it is if you can't manage to choke it
> > down.
> >

> LOL! THat's me and Kale. I love leafy greens but there is a small
> list I just do not like.

I watched an episode a year or so ago on America's Test Kitchen and Bridget
said if you 'massaged' kale it would make it much more tender. But she didn't
say it would improve the taste.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 4:23:47 PM UTC-10, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Apr 2, , wrote
> (in >):
> > Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What did the others in the house
> > enjoy?

> They´re the only ones who´ve eaten it so far. I´m having a beer. But I
> deserve it.
> I got up at 2:30 AM with no plan. I cooked the brussel sprouts and potatoes,
> mashed the potatoes, took the parchment off the pork ribs, salted, peppered
> and sectioned them and put them in the casserole.
> Then I watered our shamrock, cleaned winter borne sticks out of the backyard,
> got our swamp cooler up and running (I hope I´m not to early), did some
> financial stuff, took an envelope to the post office and got some stuff from
> the hardware store.
> Then I talked with my neighbor about repairing our communal fence, because he
> has an aggressive pit bull and came to a consensus. At 11:30 AM, I chucked
> the ribs into the oven. At 4:00 PM, I took the ribs out, sliced and slathered
> them, microwaved the potatoes and brussel sprouts and told the women that
> they were on their own.
> I think I did one or two other things. I´ve already been up seventeen
> hours, and I don´t even use meth. I deserve the beer. They agree ;-)

Sounds like a heck of a day. Mostly today, I was tired. We had breakfast at a friend's house. Then I came home and took a nap. Then we went to my step-mom's house and had lunch. The starter was a green pea soup. I've never had it before but it was pretty wonderful. There's just caramelized onions and peas in it and it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. It was served with a sour cream/horseradish sauce. It was awesome. My daughter won't eat green peas but she had a second serving. Even the grand-kids liked it.
My step-mom has never cooked a turkey before so she asked me what's that plastic thing sticking it the bird. I told her to ignore it and use a meat thermometer. When we got to her house, she said she didn't know how to make gravy so I made it. It was the only cooking I did today. Today was a very good day.
For dessert we had a meringue, lemon curd, whipped cream, and chocolate parfait. Awesome. it's a Swedish custom to have dessert and then rest up a little. After a short period, you then have coffee and cake. Ha ha, that's kind of an overkill but we did it alright.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KiJQXvB3MHicr15Y8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YTCUm7EgYWM1A5jM7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kPad82xniz8aFBos6
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/04/2021 08:36, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 4:23:47 PM UTC-10, Leo wrote:
>> On 2021 Apr 2, , wrote
>> (in >):
>>> Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What did the others in the house
>>> enjoy?

>> They´re the only ones who´ve eaten it so far. I´m having a beer. But I
>> deserve it.
>> I got up at 2:30 AM with no plan. I cooked the brussel sprouts and potatoes,
>> mashed the potatoes, took the parchment off the pork ribs, salted, peppered
>> and sectioned them and put them in the casserole.
>> Then I watered our shamrock, cleaned winter borne sticks out of the backyard,
>> got our swamp cooler up and running (I hope I´m not to early), did some
>> financial stuff, took an envelope to the post office and got some stuff from
>> the hardware store.
>> Then I talked with my neighbor about repairing our communal fence, because he
>> has an aggressive pit bull and came to a consensus. At 11:30 AM, I chucked
>> the ribs into the oven. At 4:00 PM, I took the ribs out, sliced and slathered
>> them, microwaved the potatoes and brussel sprouts and told the women that
>> they were on their own.
>> I think I did one or two other things. I´ve already been up seventeen
>> hours, and I don´t even use meth. I deserve the beer. They agree ;-)

> Sounds like a heck of a day. Mostly today, I was tired. We had breakfast at a friend's house. Then I came home and took a nap. Then we went to my step-mom's house and had lunch. The starter was a green pea soup. I've never had it before but it was pretty wonderful. There's just caramelized onions and peas in it and it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. It was served with a sour cream/horseradish sauce. It was awesome. My daughter won't eat green peas but she had a second serving. Even the grand-kids liked it.
> My step-mom has never cooked a turkey before so she asked me what's that plastic thing sticking it the bird. I told her to ignore it and use a meat thermometer. When we got to her house, she said she didn't know how to make gravy so I made it. It was the only cooking I did today. Today was a very good day.
> For dessert we had a meringue, lemon curd, whipped cream, and chocolate parfait. Awesome. it's a Swedish custom to have dessert and then rest up a little. After a short period, you then have coffee and cake. Ha ha, that's kind of an overkill but we did it alright.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/KiJQXvB3MHicr15Y8
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/YTCUm7EgYWM1A5jM7
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/kPad82xniz8aFBos6

=====

You and Leo had a very good day, but I think Leo had the more tiring
one)))

I think you both had plenty of good food))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 4:05:22 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> On 05/04/2021 08:36, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 4:23:47 PM UTC-10, Leo wrote:
> >> On 2021 Apr 2, , wrote
> >> (in >):
> >> They´re the only ones who´ve eaten it so far. I´m having a beer. But I
> >> deserve it.
> >> I got up at 2:30 AM with no plan. I cooked the brussel sprouts and potatoes,
> >> mashed the potatoes, took the parchment off the pork ribs, salted, peppered
> >> and sectioned them and put them in the casserole.
> >> Then I watered our shamrock, cleaned winter borne sticks out of the backyard,
> >> got our swamp cooler up and running (I hope I´m not to early), did some
> >> financial stuff, took an envelope to the post office and got some stuff from
> >> the hardware store.
> >> Then I talked with my neighbor about repairing our communal fence, because he
> >> has an aggressive pit bull and came to a consensus. At 11:30 AM, I chucked
> >> the ribs into the oven. At 4:00 PM, I took the ribs out, sliced and slathered
> >> them, microwaved the potatoes and brussel sprouts and told the women that
> >> they were on their own.
> >> I think I did one or two other things. I´ve already been up seventeen
> >> hours, and I don´t even use meth. I deserve the beer. They agree ;-)

> > Sounds like a heck of a day. Mostly today, I was tired. We had breakfast at a friend's house. Then I came home and took a nap. Then we went to my step-mom's house and had lunch. The starter was a green pea soup. I've never had it before but it was pretty wonderful. There's just caramelized onions and peas in it and it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. It was served with a sour cream/horseradish sauce. It was awesome. My daughter won't eat green peas but she had a second serving. Even the grand-kids liked it.
> > My step-mom has never cooked a turkey before so she asked me what's that plastic thing sticking it the bird. I told her to ignore it and use a meat thermometer. When we got to her house, she said she didn't know how to make gravy so I made it. It was the only cooking I did today. Today was a very good day.
> > For dessert we had a meringue, lemon curd, whipped cream, and chocolate parfait. Awesome. it's a Swedish custom to have dessert and then rest up a little. After a short period, you then have coffee and cake. Ha ha, that's kind of an overkill but we did it alright.
> >
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/KiJQXvB3MHicr15Y8
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/YTCUm7EgYWM1A5jM7
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/kPad82xniz8aFBos6

> =====
>
> You and Leo had a very good day, but I think Leo had the more tiring
> one)))
>
> I think you both had plenty of good food))

We even got a free-range chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway. Apparently, chickens in the parking lot find our poor old SUV to be suitable as a nest and have been laying eggs at the base of the windshield. I found 3 the other day and one yesterday. It's a real, honest to goodness, Easter egg. My guess is that the 2 eggs that I have now are going to be full of flavor. Hopefully, those crazy birds won't stop laying eggs.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D3u9EV8iK794Q498

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/04/2021 15:41, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 4:05:22 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> Sounds like a heck of a day. Mostly today, I was tired. We had breakfast at a friend's house. Then I came home and took a nap. Then we went to my step-mom's house and had lunch. The starter was a green pea soup. I've never had it before but it was pretty wonderful. There's just caramelized onions and peas in it and it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. It was served with a sour cream/horseradish sauce. It was awesome. My daughter won't eat green peas but she had a second serving. Even the grand-kids liked it.
>>> My step-mom has never cooked a turkey before so she asked me what's that plastic thing sticking it the bird. I told her to ignore it and use a meat thermometer. When we got to her house, she said she didn't know how to make gravy so I made it. It was the only cooking I did today. Today was a very good day.
>>> For dessert we had a meringue, lemon curd, whipped cream, and chocolate parfait. Awesome. it's a Swedish custom to have dessert and then rest up a little. After a short period, you then have coffee and cake. Ha ha, that's kind of an overkill but we did it alright.
>>>
>>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/KiJQXvB3MHicr15Y8
>>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/YTCUm7EgYWM1A5jM7
>>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/kPad82xniz8aFBos6

>> =====
>>
>> You and Leo had a very good day, but I think Leo had the more tiring
>> one)))
>>
>> I think you both had plenty of good food))

> We even got a free-range chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway. Apparently, chickens in the parking lot find our poor old SUV to be suitable as a nest and have been laying eggs at the base of the windshield. I found 3 the other day and one yesterday. It's a real, honest to goodness, Easter egg. My guess is that the 2 eggs that I have now are going to be full of flavor. Hopefully, those crazy birds won't stop laying eggs.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D3u9EV8iK794Q498

====

Oh my goodness) Yes you have talked about the chickens in the
parking lot before)

It has always surprised me that chickens can run loose and not be
taken home and cooked. It was very kind of that chicken to lay her eggs
on your car))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 4:52:02 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> On 05/04/2021 15:41, dsi1 wrote:

> >> =====
> >>
> >> You and Leo had a very good day, but I think Leo had the more tiring
> >> one)))
> >>
> >> I think you both had plenty of good food))

> > We even got a free-range chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway. Apparently, chickens in the parking lot find our poor old SUV to be suitable as a nest and have been laying eggs at the base of the windshield. I found 3 the other day and one yesterday. It's a real, honest to goodness, Easter egg. My guess is that the 2 eggs that I have now are going to be full of flavor. Hopefully, those crazy birds won't stop laying eggs.
> >
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D3u9EV8iK794Q498

> ====
>

> Oh my goodness) Yes you have talked about the chickens in the
> parking lot before)
>
> It has always surprised me that chickens can run loose and not be
> taken home and cooked. It was very kind of that chicken to lay her eggs
> on your car))

Things used to be worse a few years ago. We used to have chickens and cats in the parking lot. These days, it's just chickens. My guess is that some people have stewed these chickens. I haven't heard anyone doing that though. I sometimes see kids chasing the chickens down and walking around with a chicken under their arms. I'm guessing they're keeping them as pets. I wouldn't eat those birds - I find then cute as heck.

https://www.hawaii-aloha.com/blog/20...awaii-chicken/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 08:19:39 -0700, Mary Iwaoka wrote:

> Things used to be worse a few years ago. We used to have chickens and
> cats in the parking lot. These days, it's just chickens. My guess is
> that some people have stewed these chickens.

Based on the above, I guess that someone has stewed a few cats as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-05 9:26 a.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 08:19:39 -0700, Mary Iwaoka wrote:
>
>> Things used to be worse a few years ago. We used to have chickens and
>> cats in the parking lot. These days, it's just chickens. My guess is
>> that some people have stewed these chickens.

> Based on the above, I guess that someone has stewed a few cats as well.

Good!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 10:31:50 AM UTC-5, Graham wrote:

> On 2021-04-05 9:26 a.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
>
> > Based on the above, I guess that someone has stewed a few cats as well.
> >

> Good!

https://i.postimg.cc/LsTcM7fc/Shocked-Smiley.png
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 5:26:23 AM UTC-10, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 08:19:39 -0700, Mary Iwaoka wrote:
>
> > Things used to be worse a few years ago. We used to have chickens and
> > cats in the parking lot. These days, it's just chickens. My guess is
> > that some people have stewed these chickens.

> Based on the above, I guess that someone has stewed a few cats as well.

It took us quite a while to get rid of those critters. Nobody stews cats on this rock. We use them to make pressed duck. Tastes better than real duck. We've also been breeding super-aggressive predator cats. You'd probably move out too, if one of these killer cats moved into your territory.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/njzfnSGyNSt3vjrYA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 10:51:24 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> It took us quite a while to get rid of those critters. Nobody stews cats on this rock. We use them to make pressed duck. Tastes better than real duck. We've also been breeding super-aggressive predator cats. You'd probably move out too, if one of these killer cats moved into your territory.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/njzfnSGyNSt3vjrYA

Hahahahaaaaaa, that's probably the most gentle cat that vet/vet technician
has ever held!! You ain't fooling me; they're not called 'gentle giants' for
nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-05 9:51 a.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 5:26:23 AM UTC-10, Mike Duffy wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 08:19:39 -0700, Mary Iwaoka wrote:
>>
>>> Things used to be worse a few years ago. We used to have chickens and
>>> cats in the parking lot. These days, it's just chickens. My guess is
>>> that some people have stewed these chickens.

>> Based on the above, I guess that someone has stewed a few cats as well.

> It took us quite a while to get rid of those critters. Nobody stews cats on this rock. We use them to make pressed duck. Tastes better than real duck. We've also been breeding super-aggressive predator cats. You'd probably move out too, if one of these killer cats moved into your territory.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/njzfnSGyNSt3vjrYA

Someone in the Calgary area wondered why their dog was creating a fuss.
They looked out the window to see a bloody great cougar on the patio.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 6:25:14 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 10:51:24 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > It took us quite a while to get rid of those critters. Nobody stews cats on this rock. We use them to make pressed duck. Tastes better than real duck. We've also been breeding super-aggressive predator cats. You'd

probably move out too, if one of these killer cats moved into your territory.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/njzfnSGyNSt3vjrYA

> Hahahahaaaaaa, that's probably the most gentle cat that vet/vet technician
> has ever held!! You ain't fooling me; they're not called 'gentle giants' for
> nothing.

Well I don't know. That cat looks pretty self-absorbed to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 6:26:02 AM UTC-10, Graham wrote:

> Someone in the Calgary area wondered why their dog was creating a fuss.
> They looked out the window to see a bloody great cougar on the patio.

We have had reports of cougars or mountain lions on this rock. My guess is that it's just large cats that somebody misjudged the distance. Mostly they're just optical illusions. There's no big cats on this rock. There's no big animals of any kind on this rock. We breathe a sigh of relief.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 09:31:45 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-04-05 9:26 a.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 08:19:39 -0700, Mary Iwaoka wrote:
>>
>>> Things used to be worse a few years ago. We used to have chickens and
>>> cats in the parking lot. These days, it's just chickens. My guess is
>>> that some people have stewed these chickens.

>> Based on the above, I guess that someone has stewed a few cats as well.
>>

>Good!

Cats are great (and dogs too).

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 2:16:55 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 6:25:14 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 10:51:24 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > >
> > > You'd
> > > probably move out too, if one of these killer cats moved into your territory.
> > >
> > > https://photos.app.goo.gl/njzfnSGyNSt3vjrYA
> > >

> > Hahahahaaaaaa, that's probably the most gentle cat that vet/vet technician
> > has ever held!! You ain't fooling me; they're not called 'gentle giants' for
> > nothing.
> >

> Well I don't know. That cat looks pretty self-absorbed to me.

They're huge cats but very laid back, quite loving animals even if they
do like they've been taking steroids.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> There's no big animals of any kind on this rock. We breathe a sigh of relief.

How about your wild pigs? They can be pretty mean but tasty if you kill one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 1:43:32 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 2:16:55 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/njzfnSGyNSt3vjrYA

> > > Hahahahaaaaaa, that's probably the most gentle cat that vet/vet technician
> > > has ever held!! You ain't fooling me; they're not called 'gentle giants' for
> > > nothing.
> > >

> > Well I don't know. That cat looks pretty self-absorbed to me.
> >

> They're huge cats but very laid back, quite loving animals even if they
> do like they've been taking steroids.

My daughter went to a goat farm to inoculate 150 goats. They are quite friendly and enjoy making contact. They like to press their foreheads together with humans and take selfies. It's quite a strange thing to see. They even seem to be smiling.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 1:13:56 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > There's no big animals of any kind on this rock. We breathe a sigh of relief.

> How about your wild pigs? They can be pretty mean but tasty if you kill one.

Yeah, the wild pigs. You don't want to meet up with one while walking your dog late at night. It's scary alright but I've never heard of a wild pig attacking people. We used to have a family of wild pigs visit our condo years ago. They would come down from the mountain and people would feed them. It was like a traveling zoo. They would cross the highway through a drain pipe. Pig hunting is a popular sport so I knew it wouldn't last very long. The pigs would always be on the other side of a fence - except for one time. It was a pig that lost his way.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iBKtS1EHrxvDcZ9M8

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 08:38:46 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 1:43:32 PM UTC-10, wrote:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/njzfnSGyNSt3vjrYA

>> > Well I don't know. That cat looks pretty self-absorbed to me.
>> >

>> They're huge cats but very laid back, quite loving animals even if they
>> do like they've been taking steroids.

>My daughter went to a goat farm to inoculate 150 goats. They are quite friendly and enjoy making contact. They like to press their foreheads together with humans and take selfies. It's quite a strange thing to see. They even seem to be smiling.

what a fun experience. Goats are personable.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-06 12:35 p.m., US Janet wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 08:38:46 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
>> My daughter went to a goat farm to inoculate 150 goats. They are quite friendly and enjoy making contact. They like to press their foreheads together with humans and take selfies. It's quite a strange thing to see. They even seem to be smiling.

> what a fun experience. Goats are personable.

They had a couple goats at the stable where I took my riding lessons. I
used to take my dog there once in a while and he would sit by the
paddock fence and watch. He loved the goats and as soon as we got there
he would go looking for them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 12:41:23 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-04-06 12:35 p.m., US Janet wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 08:38:46 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> My daughter went to a goat farm to inoculate 150 goats. They are quite friendly and enjoy making contact. They like to press their foreheads together with humans and take selfies. It's quite a strange thing to see. They even seem to be smiling.

>> what a fun experience. Goats are personable.
>>

>They had a couple goats at the stable where I took my riding lessons. I
>used to take my dog there once in a while and he would sit by the
>paddock fence and watch. He loved the goats and as soon as we got there
>he would go looking for them.

It's over 50 years since I took my riding lessons, I used to ride at
the stables and surrounding area. Then Simplot (of frozen potato
fame) bought the whole hill and I couldn't ride there anymore. My
city has grown so much that we no longer have pastuered horses within
the city limits and pasturing is a long way away and limited by
fencing. Bummer :{
Janeet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 6:35:39 AM UTC-10, US Janet wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 08:38:46 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:

> >> They're huge cats but very laid back, quite loving animals even if they
> >> do like they've been taking steroids.

> >My daughter went to a goat farm to inoculate 150 goats. They are quite friendly and enjoy making contact. They like to press their foreheads together with humans and take selfies. It's quite a strange thing to see. They even seem to be smiling.

> what a fun experience. Goats are personable.
> Janet US

Goats take better selfies with humans than most humans. My understanding is that they prefer smiling humans over non-smiling humans.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...into-your-eyes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-06 2:26 p.m., US Janet wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 12:41:23 -0400, Dave Smith
>
>> They had a couple goats at the stable where I took my riding lessons. I
>> used to take my dog there once in a while and he would sit by the
>> paddock fence and watch. He loved the goats and as soon as we got there
>> he would go looking for them.

> It's over 50 years since I took my riding lessons, I used to ride at
> the stables and surrounding area. Then Simplot (of frozen potato
> fame) bought the whole hill and I couldn't ride there anymore. My
> city has grown so much that we no longer have pastuered horses within
> the city limits and pasturing is a long way away and limited by
> fencing. Bummer :{

I did it bassackward. I started riding in my 50s. I started off riding
at a friend's place and after she and her husband split up and he got
rid of the horses I had to find another place to ride. I ended up
signing up for lessons at a place I thought would be doing trail rides
in a nearby park. It turned out to be a hunter jumper school and they
had me jumping by my second lesson. I kept up the lessons for 7-8
years. It was a lot of fun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 11:57:51 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 1:13:56 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> > > There's no big animals of any kind on this rock. We breathe a sigh of relief.

> > How about your wild pigs? They can be pretty mean but tasty if you kill one.

> Yeah, the wild pigs. You don't want to meet up with one while walking your dog late at night.

Oh yeah? I doubt a pit bull or a wolf would have any problem.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 1:03:09 PM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 11:57:51 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > > How about your wild pigs? They can be pretty mean but tasty if you kill one.

> > Yeah, the wild pigs. You don't want to meet up with one while walking your dog late at night.

> Oh yeah? I doubt a pit bull or a wolf would have any problem.

Good point! I always carry a pit bull in my car in case I get attacked by a herd of savage boars. There's a pig on the back of the car to discourage any pesky tourists that are thinking of doing any funny business with my stuff!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FQd6pg3m77McLBzHA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/5/2021 12:25 PM, wrote:
> On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 10:51:24 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

(snipped)

> We've also been breeding super-aggressive predator cats. You'd probably move out too, if one of these killer cats moved into your territory.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/njzfnSGyNSt3vjrYA

> Hahahahaaaaaa, that's probably the most gentle cat that vet/vet technician
> has ever held!! You ain't fooling me; they're not called 'gentle giants' for
> nothing.

It's a Maine Coon. Yep, Gentle Giants. That looks a bit like a stock
photo. If a cat like that was wandering around I'd say it had been
dumped by the people who live where dsi1 and his family live. Which,
unfortunately, sounds like a parking lot. "We even got a free-range
chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway. Apparently, chickens in the
parking lot find our poor old SUV to be suitable as a nest and have been
laying eggs at the base of the windshield."

Maybe build a chicken run and get them off your tired, your poor SUV
windshield. Unless you know who actually owns them.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 1:35:31 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> It's a Maine Coon. Yep, Gentle Giants. That looks a bit like a stock
> photo. If a cat like that was wandering around I'd say it had been
> dumped by the people who live where dsi1 and his family live. Which,
> unfortunately, sounds like a parking lot. "We even got a free-range
> chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway. Apparently, chickens in the
> parking lot find our poor old SUV to be suitable as a nest and have been
> laying eggs at the base of the windshield."
> Maybe build a chicken run and get them off your tired, your poor SUV
> windshield. Unless you know who actually owns them.
>
> Jill

It's not a stock picture. My daughter works in an animal clinic and that's a patient. Today she went to a goat farm and vaccinated, de-wormed, and trimmed hoofs, on a goat farm. It's a great gig if you like animals. I like animals - just not that much. We got another egg today. How awesome is that? Near as I can tell, we can get one egg a day - but we have to keep the car.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6EGKAK2S3LRzgXaAA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

US Janet wrote:
> what a fun experience. Goats are personable.

They really are friendly. A local vegetable stand nearby always kept
about 4 of them there. I would always visit the friendly goats before I
bought vegetables.

They have "alien" eyes but they are so loving.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> We even got a free-range chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway.
> Apparently, chickens in the parking lot find our poor old SUV to be
> suitable as a nest and have been laying eggs at the base of the windshield.
> I found 3 the other day and one yesterday.
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D3u9EV8iK794Q498

I'd eat the chicken and buy my eggs. That chicken is scratching your SUV
all to hell. Not only that, out of 3 eggs, two were broken.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:08:16 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 1:35:31 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> > It's a Maine Coon. Yep, Gentle Giants. That looks a bit like a stock
> > photo. If a cat like that was wandering around I'd say it had been
> > dumped by the people who live where dsi1 and his family live. Which,
> > unfortunately, sounds like a parking lot. "We even got a free-range
> > chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway. Apparently, chickens in the
> > parking lot find our poor old SUV to be suitable as a nest and have been
> > laying eggs at the base of the windshield."
> > Maybe build a chicken run and get them off your tired, your poor SUV
> > windshield. Unless you know who actually owns them.
> >
> > Jill

> It's not a stock picture. My daughter works in an animal clinic and that's a patient.
> Today she went to a goat farm and vaccinated, de-wormed, and trimmed hoofs, on
> a goat farm. It's a great gig if you like animals. I like animals - just not that much. We
> got another egg today. How awesome is that? Near as I can tell, we can get one egg
> a day - but we have to keep the car.

A few of the battery powered bikes are just as good on a clear day. Some of them can go further than 200 miles on a single charge.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:23:59 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:08:16 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 1:35:31 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> > > It's a Maine Coon. Yep, Gentle Giants. That looks a bit like a stock
> > > photo. If a cat like that was wandering around I'd say it had been
> > > dumped by the people who live where dsi1 and his family live. Which,
> > > unfortunately, sounds like a parking lot. "We even got a free-range
> > > chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway. Apparently, chickens in the
> > > parking lot find our poor old SUV to be suitable as a nest and have been
> > > laying eggs at the base of the windshield."
> > > Maybe build a chicken run and get them off your tired, your poor SUV
> > > windshield. Unless you know who actually owns them.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > It's not a stock picture. My daughter works in an animal clinic and that's a patient.
> > Today she went to a goat farm and vaccinated, de-wormed, and trimmed hoofs, on
> > a goat farm. It's a great gig if you like animals. I like animals - just not that much. We
> > got another egg today. How awesome is that? Near as I can tell, we can get one egg
> > a day - but we have to keep the car.

> A few of the battery powered bikes are just as good on a clear day. Some of them can go further than 200 miles on a single charge.

What's this "clear day" of which you speak? We get some sort of precipitation on
137 days each year. And we average 43 inches of snow each winter.

A little bit tricky to carry an 80-pound bag of concrete mix back from Home Depot, too.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:53:05 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:23:59 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > It's not a stock picture. My daughter works in an animal clinic and that's a patient.
> > > Today she went to a goat farm and vaccinated, de-wormed, and trimmed hoofs, on
> > > a goat farm. It's a great gig if you like animals. I like animals - just not that much. We
> > > got another egg today. How awesome is that? Near as I can tell, we can get one egg
> > > a day - but we have to keep the car.

> > A few of the battery powered bikes are just as good on a clear day. Some of them can go further than 200 miles on a single charge.

> What's this "clear day" of which you speak? We get some sort of precipitation on
> 137 days each year. And we average 43 inches of snow each winter.
>
> A little bit tricky to carry an 80-pound bag of concrete mix back from Home Depot, too.

Well no, you don't use that kind of light-weight transportation every day through Michigan winter weather. I originally had Hawai'i in mind.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 7:21:48 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > We even got a free-range chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway.
> > Apparently, chickens in the parking lot find our poor old SUV to be
> > suitable as a nest and have been laying eggs at the base of the windshield.
> > I found 3 the other day and one yesterday.
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D3u9EV8iK794Q498

> I'd eat the chicken and buy my eggs. That chicken is scratching your SUV
> all to hell. Not only that, out of 3 eggs, two were broken.

Looks like Ma & Pa Kettle's place...

Watched "The Egg & I" the other night, pretty funny, chickens and eggs ALL over the place, lol...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 2:23:59 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:08:16 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 1:35:31 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> > > It's a Maine Coon. Yep, Gentle Giants. That looks a bit like a stock
> > > photo. If a cat like that was wandering around I'd say it had been
> > > dumped by the people who live where dsi1 and his family live. Which,
> > > unfortunately, sounds like a parking lot. "We even got a free-range
> > > chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway. Apparently, chickens in the
> > > parking lot find our poor old SUV to be suitable as a nest and have been
> > > laying eggs at the base of the windshield."
> > > Maybe build a chicken run and get them off your tired, your poor SUV
> > > windshield. Unless you know who actually owns them.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > It's not a stock picture. My daughter works in an animal clinic and that's a patient.
> > Today she went to a goat farm and vaccinated, de-wormed, and trimmed hoofs, on
> > a goat farm. It's a great gig if you like animals. I like animals - just not that much. We
> > got another egg today. How awesome is that? Near as I can tell, we can get one egg
> > a day - but we have to keep the car.

> A few of the battery powered bikes are just as good on a clear day. Some of them can go further than 200 miles on a single charge.

If you ask me, riding a bike on this rock is a dangerous proposition because there's too many cars. OTOH, most days are clear - some days, gloriously so. Electric cars are getting popular on this rock, despite the high cost of electricity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 2:21:48 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > We even got a free-range chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway.
> > Apparently, chickens in the parking lot find our poor old SUV to be
> > suitable as a nest and have been laying eggs at the base of the windshield.
> > I found 3 the other day and one yesterday.
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D3u9EV8iK794Q498

> I'd eat the chicken and buy my eggs. That chicken is scratching your SUV
> all to hell. Not only that, out of 3 eggs, two were broken.

I don't mind the scratches - the whole car is pretty beat up. Laying eggs on my car is tricky business. There was an egg on the car yesterday but one had rolled off the hood. The idea of eating our fine, feathered, friends is not an appealing one. OTOH, we're just one disaster away from dining on parking lot chicken and cat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 2:21:48 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> > > We even got a free-range chicken egg. Well, a free egg, anyway.
> > > Apparently, chickens in the parking lot find our poor old SUV to
> > > be suitable as a nest and have been laying eggs at the base of
> > > the windshield. I found 3 the other day and one yesterday.
> > > https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D3u9EV8iK794Q498

> > I'd eat the chicken and buy my eggs. That chicken is scratching
> > your SUV all to hell. Not only that, out of 3 eggs, two were broken.

> I don't mind the scratches - the whole car is pretty beat up. Laying
> eggs on my car is tricky business. There was an egg on the car
> yesterday but one had rolled off the hood. The idea of eating our
> fine, feathered, friends is not an appealing one. OTOH, we're just
> one disaster away from dining on parking lot chicken and cat.

Yes, the great Hawaiian Locust Famine! It's just around the corner!

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net