Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Supper Ideas For Cabbage

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 19:16:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> She made a good choice in the end.

>>> If they are women of you generation they probably don't need to remarry.
>>> They got the estate and the pension. They are set.

>> That can help but in my case, hooking up with my best friend would be
>> marrying up for sure.
>>
>> We were friends for decades when our spouses were still with us and her
>> and I often did things together. Amazing the assumptions people make
>> when a man and woman do something together. We are 1200 miles apart but
>> I do see her for a week or so a few times a year.

> Seeing each other for a week or so a few times a year can be a lot of
> time together.
> Seems like you're trying to make that relationship seem very innocent
> but I don't believe that, not for a second. A man and a women can't
> be just friends for decades.

Popeye, I *KNEW* you'd be on this like flies on shit!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 16:47:59 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

>>> Seeing each other for a week or so a few times a year can be a lot of
>>> time together.
>>>

>> It is???
>>>
>>> Seems like you're trying to make that relationship seem very innocent
>>> but I don't believe that, not for a second. A man and a woman can't
>>> be just friends for decades.
>>>

>> Hmmmmmm, strange. I've had male friends for decades and that's all we
>> are, friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

> Not alone together... I don't believe that, not for a second. I have
> female friends but we don't go off and spend time alone together.

Female sheep Popeye?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/1/2021 8:15 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 16:47:59 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> It is???

>>> Hmmmmmm, strange.* I've had male friends for decades and that's
>>> all we
>>> are, friends.* Nothing more, nothing less.

>> Not alone together... I don't believe that, not for a second.* I
>> have
>> female friends but we don't go off and spend time alone together.
>>

> Okay Sheldon.* If you and your wife were both friends with some
> widowed women (I think Ed and his wife knew their husbands, too) in
> the same town for decades and frequently enjoyed having dinner
> together... and then your wife died... would you drop the years
> long friendship?

He'd drop them like a hot potato if they wouldn't let him **** them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Apr 2021 20:15:14 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 16:47:59 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> Hmmmmmm, strange. I've had male friends for decades and that's all we
>>> are, friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

>> Not alone together... I don't believe that, not for a second. I have
>> female friends but we don't go off and spend time alone together.

> Because they don't want to be alone with a man who continuously ogles
> their breasts.

Nor one who can't stop sniffing their ass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/04/2021 00:46, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/1/2021 7:27 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 19:16:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>> We were friends for decades when our spouses were still with us and her
>>> and I often did things together. Amazing the assumptions people make
>>> when a man and woman do something together.Â* We are 1200 miles apart but
>>> I do see her for a week or so a few times a year.

>> Seeing each other for a week or so a few times a year can be a lot of
>> time together.
>> Seems like you're trying to make that relationship seem very innocent
>> but I don't believe that, not for a second.Â* A man and a women can't
>> be just friends for decades.
>>

> How little you know, Sheldon.Â* Not everthing has to be "friends with
> benefits."Â* I've had a number of male friends in my lifetime who were
> nothing more than friends.Â* And no, before your mind jumps there, they
> weren't ***.Â* Believe it or not, men and woman can share common
> interests without sex being a factor.

True.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/04/2021 03:34, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Good friends, truly good friends, are rare and should be respected and
> cherished for who they are and appreciate the happiness they add to your
> life.

Indeed. Whether they are male or female.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, penmart01
@aol.com says...

> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 19:16:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> >> She made a good choice in the end.

> >> If they are women of you generation they probably don't need to remarry.
> >> They got the estate and the pension. They are set.

> >That can help but in my case, hooking up with my best friend would be
> >marrying up for sure.
> >
> >We were friends for decades when our spouses were still with us and her
> >and I often did things together. Amazing the assumptions people make
> >when a man and woman do something together. We are 1200 miles apart but
> >I do see her for a week or so a few times a year.

> Seeing each other for a week or so a few times a year can be a lot of
> time together.
> Seems like you're trying to make that relationship seem very innocent
> but I don't believe that, not for a second.

I don't read it like that at all; probably Ed and X are Friends With
Benefits. Good for them.

A man and a women can't
> be just friends for decades.

You're wrong. Poor you.

Janet UK.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On 4/1/2021 8:56 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >>
> >> I have never said that the foods we eat on this rock is magical. I have never said that the foods of Hawaii was special. That's just a product of your embattlement personality. What I have said is that I can't find our foods in restaurants on the mainland. That's not a diss on the mainland. That's a simple truth. What I've also said is that the hallmark of Hawaiian food is simplicity. That's not a diss of Hawaiian food. That's a simple truth..

> > Why is it always about restaurants for you?
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> His posts are very often about usually crappy chain type restaurant food
> served on the "mainland". I don't know why he'd expect a Denny's [just
> pulled that name out of my head, not a quote] to serve anything like
> what he gets in Hawaii.
>
> If he wants simplicity, aka the Japanese or Chinese, Korean or Thai
> restaurants,

Not on Buddhist holidays, like the Chinese new year.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>> I watched a 30 minute show last night about the traditional Hawaiian
>> food. Australian chef, Curtis Stone, went to Kaui to be educated.
>> Good show.

> Curtis Stone is a prostitute chef.

lol. You must have seen his old shows, "Take Home Chef."
I used to watch that. What a player he was.

He'd go into a grocery store and pick one woman shopping alone. It was
always a very pretty woman. Then he would approach her, explain his show
to them, and offer to cook a gourmet dinner for her in her home for free.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 9:43:49 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
> > Gary wrote:
> >> I watched a 30 minute show last night about the traditional Hawaiian
> >> food. Australian chef, Curtis Stone, went to Kaui to be educated.
> >> Good show.

> > Curtis Stone is a prostitute chef.

> lol. You must have seen his old shows, "Take Home Chef."
> I used to watch that. What a player he was.
>
> He'd go into a grocery store and pick one woman shopping alone. It was
> always a very pretty woman. Then he would approach her, explain his show
> to them, and offer to cook a gourmet dinner for her in her home for free.

Like Door Knock Dinners. I fondly recall the episode where two
of the original Iron Chefs (Morimoto and Michiba) had to make
dinner out of whatever they found in some American family's
kitchen. I seem to recall they family had just come back from vacation,
and the cupboard was pretty bare.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 09:43:30 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> Gary wrote:
>>> I watched a 30 minute show last night about the traditional Hawaiian
>>> food. Australian chef, Curtis Stone, went to Kaui to be educated.
>>> Good show.

>> Curtis Stone is a prostitute chef.

>lol. You must have seen his old shows, "Take Home Chef."
>I used to watch that. What a player he was.
>
>He'd go into a grocery store and pick one woman shopping alone. It was
>always a very pretty woman. Then he would approach her, explain his show
>to them, and offer to cook a gourmet dinner for her in her home for free.

Yes, I've seen bits of that too. But I also see his supermarket ads.
He'll do anything for money.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 07:24:36 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 9:43:49 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Bruce wrote:
>> >
>> > Curtis Stone is a prostitute chef.

>> lol. You must have seen his old shows, "Take Home Chef."
>> I used to watch that. What a player he was.
>>
>> He'd go into a grocery store and pick one woman shopping alone. It was
>> always a very pretty woman. Then he would approach her, explain his show
>> to them, and offer to cook a gourmet dinner for her in her home for free.

>Like Door Knock Dinners. I fondly recall the episode where two
>of the original Iron Chefs (Morimoto and Michiba) had to make
>dinner out of whatever they found in some American family's
>kitchen. I seem to recall they family had just come back from vacation,
>and the cupboard was pretty bare.

All a setup, no doubt.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

S Viemeister wrote:
> On 02/04/2021 00:46, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 4/1/2021 7:27 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>>
>>> Seeing each other for a week or so a few times a year can be a
>>> lot of
>>> time together.
>>> Seems like you're trying to make that relationship seem very
>>> innocent
>>> but I don't believe that, not for a second.Â* A man and a women
>>> can't
>>> be just friends for decades.
>>>

>> How little you know, Sheldon.Â* Not everthing has to be "friends
>> with benefits."Â* I've had a number of male friends in my
>> lifetime who were nothing more than friends.Â* And no, before
>> your mind jumps there, they weren't ***.Â* Believe it or not, men
>> and woman can share common interests without sex being a factor.
>>

> True.

Popeye can't even be friendly to a pet dog, without trying to mount it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/04/2021 19:25, Dr. Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 07:24:36 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>> Like Door Knock Dinners. I fondly recall the episode where two
>> of the original Iron Chefs (Morimoto and Michiba) had to make
>> dinner out of whatever they found in some American family's
>> kitchen. I seem to recall they family had just come back from vacation,
>> and the cupboard was pretty bare.

> All a setup, no doubt.

Not all of them. One of my customers was Door Knocked, and she was
definitely surprised.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 4/1/2021 10:28 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > I had a friend in my early 20s who married young but that one
> > > lasted only about a year. As soon as the divorce was final he was
> > > engaged, but that ended. He then married again. It lasted about
> > > two years. He was engaged to another one within months of the
> > > separation.
> > >
> > > At one point, among all our friends, only three couples were
> > > still married.

> > My first husband is on his third or fourth wife. Apparently he
> > didn't learn as much from being married to me (and my successors)
> > as I learned from being married to him.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> There are many good reasons for divorce. I was glad my parents did
> when I was a teenager.
>
> I don't think I'd hook up with someone that was divorced three times
> though. Talk about caution flags.

Yeah, it would make me wonder too. Don and I will be the 'one of us
died' set.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 10:49:24 -0600, Graham > wrote:

> dies.

> classes, >>>>> out of about 30 kids, only 2 still lived with their
> original parents.

> lasted >>>> only about a year. As soon as the divorce was final he
> was engaged, but >>>> that ended. He then married again. It lasted
> about two years. He was >>>> engaged to another one within months of
> the separation.

> still >>>> married.

> didn't >>> learn

> from >>> being married to him.

> >> There are many good reasons for divorce.Â* I was glad my parents

> did when >> I was a teenager.
> >>
> >> I don't think I'd hook up with someone that was divorced three

> times >> though.Â* Talk about caution flags.
> >>

> > Sometime after my divorce, I dated a woman a few times until she
> > told me about the affairs she'd had while she was married.

> So you prefer dishonest women.

Note he said 'until she said...'
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 4/1/2021 7:27 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> > > That can help but in my case, hooking up with my best friend
> > > would be marrying up for sure.
> > >
> > > We were friends for decades when our spouses were still with us
> > > and her and I often did things together. Amazing the assumptions
> > > people make when a man and woman do something together. We are
> > > 1200 miles apart but I do see her for a week or so a few times a
> > > year.

> > Seeing each other for a week or so a few times a year can be a lot
> > of time together.
> > Seems like you're trying to make that relationship seem very
> > innocent but I don't believe that, not for a second. A man and a
> > women can't be just friends for decades.
> >

> How little you know, Sheldon. Not everthing has to be "friends with
> benefits." I've had a number of male friends in my lifetime who were
> nothing more than friends. And no, before your mind jumps there,
> they weren't ***. Believe it or not, men and woman can share common
> interests without sex being a factor.
>
> Jill

Correct Jill. I have a lot of male friends (non-*** and 1 ***).
Sadly, Sheldon seems incapable of a normal male/female friendship, from
what he says above.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 4/1/2021 8:39 PM, wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 7:15:20 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> > > Not alone together... I don't believe that, not for a second. I
> > > have female friends but we don't go off and spend time alone
> > > together.
> > >

> > Maybe I haven't been on vacation with them but we have gone out to
> > eat on more than one occasion. Nothing extra (dessert if you want
> > to call it that) was expected later.
> > OMG, how did you pay for your dinner? Isn't that time in the sack
> > expected?

> Over the years I've heard many stories because I was with a woman.
> When people see a man and woman together they make assumptions.
> Even before I was married. One of my then fiance's friends saw me go
> by with a girl in the car. She told her about it. Of course, the
> reply was "oh, that's Rose she carpools with Ed"
>
> Occasionally we had some work related events like retirement parties.
> I always went with Lois. She knew she would get home safely.
>
> There are three women I keep in touch with weekly or so. I used to
> work with Sue. We go back 30 years. I call her every Saturday
> morning and we talk for 2+ hours.
>
> Betty, the first person I got to know when we moved to CT 40 years
> ago. Sometimes her husband gets on the phone so we can all talk.
>
> Joan, who I've mentioned. We talk every week but I've been sending
> her occasional letters for 40 years. May take two weeks but it is a
> paragraph here and there as I think of things of interest to tell
> her. I do date each day that I write. No, they are not love letters
> and she has shown some to her husband at times, but she enjoys them.
>
> Good friends, truly good friends, are rare and should be respected
> and cherished for who they are and appreciate the happiness they add
> to your life.

I met Dale through a work job (he's a plummer, retired Navy). I was
still active duty. We both hit it off with Dale right away and began
to trade work and tips. Don fixed some carentry items for him and
refinished some furniture. He taught us the right kind of snake to use
with a power drill so it's easier work. He said we had to meet Susan
so we did and hit it off right away. Susan and I are thick as thieves,
as they say.

Then there is Chris (Christopher) and his wife Chris (Christine). Love
both of them though we've only met by phone. Started as a work
connection but chat, all 3 of us, mostly daily M-F (work call but lots
of non-work stuff). Chris has always teleworked at least 2 days a week
and now does so almost every day. He's the main POC for Seabee schools
which is my work (which is why the call).

Thats just 2 of the male friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-03 9:48 a.m., cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Seeing each other for a week or so a few times a year can be a lot
>>> of time together.
>>> Seems like you're trying to make that relationship seem very
>>> innocent but I don't believe that, not for a second. A man and a
>>> women can't be just friends for decades.
>>>

>> How little you know, Sheldon. Not everthing has to be "friends with
>> benefits." I've had a number of male friends in my lifetime who were
>> nothing more than friends. And no, before your mind jumps there,
>> they weren't ***. Believe it or not, men and woman can share common
>> interests without sex being a factor.
>>
>> Jill

> Correct Jill. I have a lot of male friends (non-*** and 1 ***).
> Sadly, Sheldon seems incapable of a normal male/female friendship, from
> what he says above.

From his posts, which I see only when quoted, he is the perfect example
of a misanthrope.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 07:24:36 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> Hawaiian >> >> food. Australian chef, Curtis Stone, went to Kaui to
> be educated. >> >> Good show.

> >> lol. You must have seen his old shows, "Take Home Chef."
> >> I used to watch that. What a player he was.
> >>
> >> He'd go into a grocery store and pick one woman shopping alone. It

> was >> always a very pretty woman. Then he would approach her,
> explain his show >> to them, and offer to cook a gourmet dinner for
> her in her home for free.
> >
> > Like Door Knock Dinners. I fondly recall the episode where two
> > of the original Iron Chefs (Morimoto and Michiba) had to make
> > dinner out of whatever they found in some American family's
> > kitchen. I seem to recall they family had just come back from
> > vacation, and the cupboard was pretty bare.

> All a setup, no doubt.

No doubt but probably fun to watch! Here's a real example though I'm
not that level of 'chef' and actually a pretty basic cook at that time
of late 70's or very early 80's.

I did that once at my bosses house. I was working fast food and he was
the manager who'd gotten hurt in a car accident and was out from work
for 2 weeks. I lived real near by and he called and asked if I could
make a shopping run for him. Keeping it completely on the straight up,
he'd pay and he needed some things that were 'fast to fix' as he had
limited standing capability just then and left arm in a cast.

I went over and surveyed the situation and he did actually have quite a
bit there, but didn't really understand it the way I did. I looked at
his grocery list then made some suggestions. The method later got
named 'cook once, eat many' by someone famous but it wasn't me.
Microwaves didn't exist yet in the home.

For the next 2 weeks, he ate some things he wasn't as familiar with but
liked. Like, I browned up 3lbs ground beef and froze 2lbs of it in
empty cleaned plastic butter tubs in smaller 1/2lb amounts. I took out
his small frozen porkbutt and loaded it in my crockpot and returned
about 4lbs of shredded pork, some with BBQ sauce added and some plain
to be spiced later (all in more butter tubs).

He had spagetti, various quick wraps, lots of canned tomato products
and canned veggies common to the era. Lots of pasta.

I got flour tortillas, a tub of margarine, bag of onions, and some
spices he didn't have. A thing of Icecream, and a few TV dinners.
Told him to save the trays and next week they would be reloaded with
frozen meals for more TV dinners after adding some of his canned
potatoes (they do not freeze well so have to be added just before
cooking). A jar of Mayo, and a case of his preferred beer. Oh, hot
dog buns as his left arm was in a cast so that was an easy one handed
bread. Next week he needed more beer and hot dog buns. I loaded the
trays up from the previous week. He was still eating up the meats that
were prebrowned.

He had spagetti, various quick wraps, chili, carnitas, hotdog bun
garlic bread, an odd dish common to that part of the south that might
be called 'pork stew' (a little bit like a brunswick stew).

It was a minimum wage 3.25hr era if I recall. He paid for the
groceries (had called the store to let them know he had a presigned
check with me and his DL so it was ok). He paid me 20$ which was more
like 5$ an hour over the 2 weeks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 12:38:31 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> [...]

> frozen meals for more TV dinners after adding some of his canned
> potatoes (they do not freeze well so have to be added just before
> cooking). A jar of Mayo, and a case of his preferred beer. Oh, hot
> dog buns as his left arm was in a cast so that was an easy one handed
> bread. Next week he needed more beer and hot dog buns. I loaded the
> trays up from the previous week. He was still eating up the meats that
> were prebrowned.
>
> He had spagetti, various quick wraps, chili, carnitas, hotdog bun
> garlic bread, an odd dish common to that part of the south that might
> be called 'pork stew' (a little bit like a brunswick stew).
>
> It was a minimum wage 3.25hr era if I recall. He paid for the
> groceries (had called the store to let them know he had a presigned
> check with me and his DL so it was ok). He paid me 20$ which was more

<yawn>

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 10:55:23 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-04-03 9:48 a.m., cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> How little you know, Sheldon. Not everthing has to be "friends with
>>> benefits." I've had a number of male friends in my lifetime who were
>>> nothing more than friends. And no, before your mind jumps there,
>>> they weren't ***. Believe it or not, men and woman can share common
>>> interests without sex being a factor.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Correct Jill. I have a lot of male friends (non-*** and 1 ***).
>> Sadly, Sheldon seems incapable of a normal male/female friendship, from
>> what he says above.
>>

> From his posts, which I see only when quoted, he is the perfect example
>of a misanthrope.

I find it strange that the snooty people who are so proud of their
killfiles, don't killfile Sheldon.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 2:56:58 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 6:17:58 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > >
> > > I have never said that the foods we eat on this rock is magical.
> > > I have never said that the foods of Hawaii was special. That's
> > > just a product of your embattlement personality. What I have said
> > > is that I can't find our foods in restaurants on the mainland.
> > > That's not a diss on the mainland. That's a simple truth. What
> > > I've also said is that the hallmark of Hawaiian food is
> > > simplicity. That's not a diss of Hawaiian food. That's a simple
> > > truth.

> > Why is it always about restaurants for you?
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I'm not interested in going to the mainland and cooking my own food.
> That's just the way it works. Why are you so interested in my little
> life? Your endless questions into my life is kind of a drag. Yoose
> must be envious of it. I don't ask question about other people's
> lives because I got my own life to attend to. Don't you have a life?

Well, it's a food group and restaurants are a part of it all! Nothing
odd there. Anyways, of those of us here, I am pretty sure I'm the only
other one who has lived in Hawaii (not just vacationed) among us?
1986-89 for me. It's not your level of experience, but I can relate to
yours. My real path to cooking truely took off from there with Hari
Kojima being a 'must watch' show for cooking and fishing. Don lived
there about 6 years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 7:01:09 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > If you go there to travel, I can't imagine why you would want to
> > eat just the way you do back home.

> I'll always seek out the local specialties when traveling. Otherwise,
> what the heck am I suppose to eat? A hamburger? A pizza? Spaghetti?
> Apple pie? I can get all of those thing on my rock. Anybody on the
> mainland can come here and eat American food. American food is a
> subset of the foods we eat here. When we got to the mainland, our
> food choices seem limited. OTOH, on the mainland, I can get better
> Mexican food. That's a good thing.

Every area varies. I'm in the largest city in Virginia, surrounded by
the next 2 largest in Virginia. Hampton Roads dwarfs the rest of
Virginia.

We have local cuisine and a lot of ethnic cuisines. We are a melting
pot area like all the USA but here you see many aspects of American
Indian (AmInd) influence with squash, corn, sweet potatoes, and
'beans'. Our cornbread is savory, not sweet. Grits or beans (or pay a
little extra for both) is a side with breakfast outside of national
chain fast food places. British influence adds baked beans to
breakfast as an option. AmInd is black eyed peas (or maybe that is
African?).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Graham wrote:

> On 2021-04-03 9:48 a.m., cshenk wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> > > How little you know, Sheldon. Not everthing has to be "friends
> > > with benefits." I've had a number of male friends in my lifetime
> > > who were nothing more than friends. And no, before your mind
> > > jumps there, they weren't ***. Believe it or not, men and woman
> > > can share common interests without sex being a factor.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Correct Jill. I have a lot of male friends (non-*** and 1 ***).
> > Sadly, Sheldon seems incapable of a normal male/female friendship,
> > from what he says above.
> >

> From his posts, which I see only when quoted, he is the perfect
> example of a misanthrope.

Sheldon is on a lot of kill filters due to his own posts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Why the **** else would he be killfiled, you silly ****?
--
The real Bruce is an Aussie wankstain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 13:45:46 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Graham wrote:

>> > Correct Jill. I have a lot of male friends (non-*** and 1 ***).
>> > Sadly, Sheldon seems incapable of a normal male/female friendship,
>> > from what he says above.
>> >

>> From his posts, which I see only when quoted, he is the perfect
>> example of a misanthrope.

>Sheldon is on a lot of kill filters due to his own posts.

GOD you are retarded. Just because you didn't like ONE of his posts
this week. Meanwhile, Kuthe can say the same (and often worse) things
on a regular basis and you defend him. What planet are you from??

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 13:45:46 -0500, "cshenk"
> > wrote:
>
>> Graham wrote:

>>> From his posts, which I see only when quoted, he is the perfect
>>> example of a misanthrope.

>> Sheldon is on a lot of kill filters due to his own posts.

> GOD you are retarded. Just because you didn't like ONE of his posts
> this week. Meanwhile, Kuthe can say the same (and often worse) things
> on a regular basis and you defend him. What planet are you from??

Maybe Popeye didn't keep his date with her?

Maybe kuth has a bigger navy gun? Popeye is only 5"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 2:24:53 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 7:01:09 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > > If you go there to travel, I can't imagine why you would want to
> > > eat just the way you do back home.

> > I'll always seek out the local specialties when traveling. Otherwise,
> > what the heck am I suppose to eat? A hamburger? A pizza? Spaghetti?
> > Apple pie? I can get all of those thing on my rock. Anybody on the
> > mainland can come here and eat American food. American food is a
> > subset of the foods we eat here. When we got to the mainland, our
> > food choices seem limited. OTOH, on the mainland, I can get better
> > Mexican food. That's a good thing.

> Every area varies. I'm in the largest city in Virginia, surrounded by
> the next 2 largest in Virginia. Hampton Roads dwarfs the rest of
> Virginia.
>
> We have local cuisine and a lot of ethnic cuisines. We are a melting
> pot area like all the USA but here you see many aspects of American
> Indian (AmInd) influence with squash, corn, sweet potatoes, and
> 'beans'. Our cornbread is savory, not sweet. Grits or beans (or pay a
> little extra for both) is a side with breakfast outside of national
> chain fast food places. British influence adds baked beans to
> breakfast as an option. AmInd is black eyed peas (or maybe that is
> African?).

A dictionary says that black eyed peas are guisantes de cabra in Spanish.

And Done: Corned beef and Cabbage in the Cabbage Bowl jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 18-03-2016 05:12 PM
Cabbage ideas... C. James Strutz Vegan 3 27-02-2006 01:58 PM
ideas for napa cabbage? kalanamak General Cooking 7 20-01-2006 04:09 AM
Red cabbage ideas? Kate Vegetarian cooking 1 22-01-2004 10:51 PM
Red cabbage ideas? Kate L Pugh Vegetarian cooking 3 16-01-2004 12:36 PM