Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Cabbage ideas...

What's your favorite way to use cabbage?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

C. James Strutz wrote:
> What's your favorite way to use cabbage?

red or white?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

C. James Strutz wrote:
> What's your favorite way to use cabbage?

Shredded, sauteed with onions, garlic and other veggies.

Try other colors.

Nappa beats the pants off of western cabbage. Try it if you can get it.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> C. James Strutz wrote:
>> What's your favorite way to use cabbage?

> red or white?

It was white cabbage. Somebody had given me 1/2 a large head when they went
on vacation. I made a cabbage and pototo casserole with it the other night.
It wasn't quite vegan as it had cheese in it but here's what I did.

1/2 head cabbage, cut into strips
5~7 small red skinned potatoes, cut into pieces
1 large onion, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup gruyere cheese, grated (could use a vegan swiss)
caraway seeds, hot paprika, salt, pepper to taste

Saute the cabbage and onions together in a little olive oil until cooked
through. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until they are "al dente", drain and
cool. Mix all other ingredients in a baking dish, save some of the cheese to
sprinkle on top. Bake in oven at 350 until cheese starts to brown on top.