Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I make world class Garlic Potatoes

And keep them in a big plastic container in my refrigerator to have with my Breakfasts and Dinners! And I sanitize them with bleach water after scrubbing with dish soap TWICE! You HAVE TO wash plastic twice to get it squeaky clean!

It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:

5 lbs potatoes

4 cups 40% cream

1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)

1 tsp salt

1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)

Gruyere swiss cheese

Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)

In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.

Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.

Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> And keep them in a big plastic container in my refrigerator to have with my Breakfasts and Dinners! And I sanitize them with bleach water after scrubbing with dish soap TWICE! You HAVE TO wash plastic twice to get it squeaky clean!
>

> It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:
>
> 5 lbs potatoes
>
> 4 cups 40% cream
>
> 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
>
> 1 tsp salt
>
> 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
>
> Gruyere swiss cheese
>

> Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)
>
> In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.
>
> Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.
>
> Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
>

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

How come these world class taters ain't in the RFC FAQ?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default KOOKthe makes inedible crap

On 2/3/2021 7:50 PM, John KOOKthe wrote:

> And

NOBODY CARES, ****TARD!

You're still an unemployable failure and always will be!

You are a waste of air.

Nobody gives a shit about your house.
Nobody gives a shit about your sound system.
Nobody gives a shit about your car.
Nobody gives a shit about your exercise.
Nobody gives a shit about your chronic unemployment.
Nobody gives a shit about your mental illness.
Nobody gives a shit about your life.

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOU. SHUT THE **** UP AND LEAVE!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:27:42 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > And keep them in a big plastic container in my refrigerator to have with my Breakfasts and Dinners! And I sanitize them with bleach water after scrubbing with dish soap TWICE! You HAVE TO wash plastic twice to get it squeaky clean!
> >

> > It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:
> >
> > 5 lbs potatoes
> >
> > 4 cups 40% cream
> >
> > 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
> >
> > 1 tsp salt
> >
> > 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
> >
> > Gruyere swiss cheese
> >

> > Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)
> >
> > In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.
> >
> > Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.
> >
> > Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
> >

> > John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
> >

> How come these world class taters ain't in the RFC FAQ?

I dunno, ask the person wrote the FAQ.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 9:50:27 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> And keep them in a big plastic container in my refrigerator to have with my Breakfasts and Dinners! And I sanitize them with bleach water after scrubbing with dish soap TWICE! You HAVE TO wash plastic twice to get it squeaky clean!
>

> It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:
>
> 5 lbs potatoes
> 4 cups 40% cream
> 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
> 1 tsp salt
> 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
> Gruyere swiss cheese
>

> Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)
>
> In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.
>
> Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.
>
> Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

What's world-class about them? It's just an everyday recipe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 9:50:27 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> And keep them in a big plastic container in my refrigerator to have with my Breakfasts and Dinners! And I sanitize them with bleach water after scrubbing with dish soap TWICE! You HAVE TO wash plastic twice to get it squeaky clean!
>

> It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:
>
> 5 lbs potatoes
>
> 4 cups 40% cream
>
> 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
>
> 1 tsp salt
>
> 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
>
> Gruyere swiss cheese
>

> Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)
>
> In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.
>
> Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.
>
> Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
>

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Thank you for the recipe, John...it's a decent "base" recipe that one can expand upon...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:27:42 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > And keep them in a big plastic container in my refrigerator to have with my Breakfasts and Dinners! And I sanitize them with bleach water after scrubbing with dish soap TWICE! You HAVE TO wash plastic twice to get it squeaky clean!
> >

> > It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:
> >
> > 5 lbs potatoes
> >
> > 4 cups 40% cream
> >
> > 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
> >
> > 1 tsp salt
> >
> > 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
> >
> > Gruyere swiss cheese
> >

> > Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)
> >
> > In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.
> >
> > Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.
> >
> > Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
> >

> > John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
> >

> How come these world class taters ain't in the RFC FAQ?

All the peeps that authored the FAQ have croaked and so long ago departed this mortal coil...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
>>> 5 lbs potatoes
>>> 4 cups 40% cream
>>> 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
>>> 1 tsp salt
>>> 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
>>>
>>> Gruyere swiss cheese

>>> Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top.

Allow me to argue with that a bit. I've made 2 potato/onion casseroles
lately and the second one with some garlic.

1) No onions in this?
2) your garlic amount is *way* overkill, imo.
3) 4 cups of cream plus some milk sounds too "soupy" to me.
4) not enough S&P for five pounds of potatoes but then
you can always add more at the table
5) No way will all that fit in a shallow lasagna pan assuming
a 9X13X2 which is what I use. I've have to use 2 of those.

Note: with my last batch, I added 2 large cloves of garlic, smashed and
minced and only one pound of potatoes. I love garlic but that was a bit
too much. One clove would have been perfect.

So for your 5 pounds of potatoes, 5 cloves of garlic would be good for
me. You use "1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic?" I'll never go there. ;o

I also used thickened chicken stock instead of cream.

No matter though. If you love it, that's all that counts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 20:13:55 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 9:50:27 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> And keep them in a big plastic container in my refrigerator to have with my Breakfasts and Dinners! And I sanitize them with bleach water after scrubbing with dish soap TWICE! You HAVE TO wash plastic twice to get it squeaky clean!
>>

>> It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:
>>
>> 5 lbs potatoes
>> 4 cups 40% cream
>> 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
>> 1 tsp salt
>> 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
>> Gruyere swiss cheese
>>

>> Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)
>>
>> In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.
>>
>> Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.
>>
>> Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
>>
>> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
>>

>What's world-class about them? It's just an everyday recipe.

There's nothing special about potatoes with garlic, I've tried it and
didn't like it, the garlic ruins perfectly good spuds. I prefer
boiled potatoes with fresh dill weed and plain yogurt, and occasionaly
boiled spuds with creamed herring and onion...to make them world class
takes a bottle of schnaps, okay, a small glusiluh for sipping...
glusiluh is Ruske yiddish for a small orange juice glass. My father
being from the Baltics (Riga) read and spoke Yiddish-Russian fluently
.... my mom being from Baltimore could understand and speak some
Yiddish and Russian. My father was a very tough man, mean to us kids,
sort of Kruschev-like, he was a gymnast. She once told me that she
married him for his huge penis, not in so many words but later I
figgured it out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default KOOKthe makes boring inedible garbage

NOBODY CARES, DUMB****!