Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_10_] John Kuthe[_10_] is offline

Default I make world class Garlic Potatoes

And keep them in a big plastic container in my refrigerator to have with my Breakfasts and Dinners! And I sanitize them with bleach water after scrubbing with dish soap TWICE! You HAVE TO wash plastic twice to get it squeaky clean!

It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:

5 lbs potatoes

4 cups 40% cream

1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)

1 tsp salt

1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)

Gruyere swiss cheese

Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)

In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.

Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.

Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...