Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea!

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 02:39:08 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Ex...c=1&th=1&psc=1

>I find those to be intriguing. They look pretty exotic but I have no idea how they're supposed to be heated up. It would look pretty silly on an electric burner. They certainly won't work on an induction stove. I suppose one could use an alcohol burner. Ha ha, I'll have to research this and pick me up one. I'd like one of those small moka pots. They certainly seem like a whole lot of fun!

I collect coffee pots and have a vacuum Hario that works with an
alcohol burner. Yama makes one, too. Lovely to watch, but you could
fall back asleep waiting for your first cup in the morning. Nice for
brunch guests to oooh and ahhh over.

I never had much luck with the moka type of pot, though I have one
made of stainless, so it works on a glass top or induction stove.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 11:31:18 AM UTC-10, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 02:39:08 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Ex...c=1&th=1&psc=1

> >I find those to be intriguing. They look pretty exotic but I have no idea how they're supposed to be heated up. It would look pretty silly on an electric burner. They certainly won't work on an induction stove. I suppose one could use an alcohol burner. Ha ha, I'll have to research this and pick me up one. I'd like one of those small moka pots. They certainly seem like a whole lot of fun!

> I collect coffee pots and have a vacuum Hario that works with an
> alcohol burner. Yama makes one, too. Lovely to watch, but you could
> fall back asleep waiting for your first cup in the morning. Nice for
> brunch guests to oooh and ahhh over.
>
> I never had much luck with the moka type of pot, though I have one
> made of stainless, so it works on a glass top or induction stove.

I have a Bodum Santos pot - it's a whole lot of fun. I'll be looking for a moka pot and alcohol burner setup.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 02:39:08 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Ex...c=1&th=1&psc=1

>> I find those to be intriguing. They look pretty exotic but I have no idea how they're supposed to be heated up. It would look pretty silly on an electric burner. They certainly won't work on an induction stove. I suppose one could use an alcohol burner. Ha ha, I'll have to research this and pick me up one. I'd like one of those small moka pots. They certainly seem like a whole lot of fun!

> I collect coffee pots and have a vacuum Hario that works with an
> alcohol burner. Yama makes one, too. Lovely to watch, but you could
> fall back asleep waiting for your first cup in the morning. Nice for
> brunch guests to oooh and ahhh over.
>
> I never had much luck with the moka type of pot, though I have one
> made of stainless, so it works on a glass top or induction stove.

I had a 12V powered pot 50 years ago. It clipped onto the car door,
and plugged into the cig lighter. I used it for several years,
driving across the country. It made good coffee.