Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea!

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 3:40:13 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
> On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 11:02:12 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 3:53:39 AM UTC-10,
> > wrote:
> > > Percolators BOIL the coffee, which should never be done.
> > >

> > > John Kuthe...

> > My guess is that you don't know how to make coffee with a percolator. I do
> > know how to do it. What I won't do is spend my time making bad tasting
> > coffee. I've tried many ways to make coffee. A percolator was just another
> > way. I also don't spend my time listening to what everybody says. I need
> > find out by myself the real truth of the matter of things. The truth of
> > the
> > matter is that most people might not be able to make good coffee with a
> > percolator. I can. So there you go.
> >
> > ===
> >
> > When I was very young i used a percolator. I can't remember how I did it
> > but I haven't used one in years. I don't like coffee at all now. Perhaps
> > it
> > is because I don't have one
> > This was like mine:
> > https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Ex...c=1&th=1&psc=1

> I find those to be intriguing. They look pretty exotic but I have no idea
> how they're supposed to be heated up. It would look pretty silly on an
> electric burner. They certainly won't work on an induction stove. I suppose
> one could use an alcohol burner. Ha ha, I'll have to research this and pick
> me up one. I'd like one of those small moka pots. They certainly seem like a
> whole lot of fun!
> ===
>
> It sat on the gas hob)

You probably had the larger pot. The ones I've seen are tiny one shot deals.. I don't have a way to heat those up - yet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 3:40:13 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
> On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 11:02:12 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 3:53:39 AM UTC-10,
> > wrote:
> > > Percolators BOIL the coffee, which should never be done.
> > >

> > > John Kuthe...

> > My guess is that you don't know how to make coffee with a percolator. I
> > do
> > know how to do it. What I won't do is spend my time making bad tasting
> > coffee. I've tried many ways to make coffee. A percolator was just
> > another
> > way. I also don't spend my time listening to what everybody says. I need
> > find out by myself the real truth of the matter of things. The truth of
> > the
> > matter is that most people might not be able to make good coffee with a
> > percolator. I can. So there you go.
> >
> > ===
> >
> > When I was very young i used a percolator. I can't remember how I did it
> > but I haven't used one in years. I don't like coffee at all now. Perhaps
> > it
> > is because I don't have one
> > This was like mine:
> > https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Ex...c=1&th=1&psc=1

> I find those to be intriguing. They look pretty exotic but I have no idea
> how they're supposed to be heated up. It would look pretty silly on an
> electric burner. They certainly won't work on an induction stove. I
> suppose
> one could use an alcohol burner. Ha ha, I'll have to research this and
> pick
> me up one. I'd like one of those small moka pots. They certainly seem like
> whole lot of fun!
> ===
>
> It sat on the gas hob)

You probably had the larger pot. The ones I've seen are tiny one shot deals.
I don't have a way to heat those up - yet.

====

Even a bigger post would work the same) I don't remember it being only
for one though!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 9:31:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
> On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 3:40:13 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> > On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 11:02:12 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > > "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
> > > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > My guess is that you don't know how to make coffee with a percolator. I
> > > do
> > > know how to do it. What I won't do is spend my time making bad tasting
> > > coffee. I've tried many ways to make coffee. A percolator was just
> > > another
> > > way. I also don't spend my time listening to what everybody says. I need
> > > find out by myself the real truth of the matter of things. The truth of
> > > the
> > > matter is that most people might not be able to make good coffee with a
> > > percolator. I can. So there you go.
> > >
> > > ===
> > >
> > > When I was very young i used a percolator. I can't remember how I did it
> > > but I haven't used one in years. I don't like coffee at all now. Perhaps
> > > it
> > > is because I don't have one
> > > This was like mine:
> > > https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Ex...c=1&th=1&psc=1

> > I find those to be intriguing. They look pretty exotic but I have no idea
> > how they're supposed to be heated up. It would look pretty silly on an
> > electric burner. They certainly won't work on an induction stove. I
> > suppose
> > one could use an alcohol burner. Ha ha, I'll have to research this and
> > pick
> > me up one. I'd like one of those small moka pots. They certainly seem like
> > whole lot of fun!
> > ===
> >
> > It sat on the gas hob)

> You probably had the larger pot. The ones I've seen are tiny one shot deals.
> I don't have a way to heat those up - yet.
> ====
>
> Even a bigger post would work the same) I don't remember it being only
> for one though!

These moka pots aren't popular in our rock. I suspect that they aren't that popular on the mainland either. Perhaps they are common in your town.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 9:31:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
> On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 3:40:13 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> > On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 11:02:12 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > > "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
> > > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > My guess is that you don't know how to make coffee with a percolator.
> > > do
> > > know how to do it. What I won't do is spend my time making bad tasting
> > > coffee. I've tried many ways to make coffee. A percolator was just
> > > another
> > > way. I also don't spend my time listening to what everybody says. I
> > > need
> > > find out by myself the real truth of the matter of things. The truth
> > > of
> > > the
> > > matter is that most people might not be able to make good coffee with
> > > percolator. I can. So there you go.
> > >
> > > ===
> > >
> > > When I was very young i used a percolator. I can't remember how I did
> > > it
> > > but I haven't used one in years. I don't like coffee at all now.
> > > Perhaps
> > > it
> > > is because I don't have one
> > > This was like mine:
> > > https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Ex...c=1&th=1&psc=1

> > I find those to be intriguing. They look pretty exotic but I have no
> > idea
> > how they're supposed to be heated up. It would look pretty silly on an
> > electric burner. They certainly won't work on an induction stove. I
> > suppose
> > one could use an alcohol burner. Ha ha, I'll have to research this and
> > pick
> > me up one. I'd like one of those small moka pots. They certainly seem
> > like
> > whole lot of fun!
> > ===
> >
> > It sat on the gas hob)

> You probably had the larger pot. The ones I've seen are tiny one shot
> deals.
> I don't have a way to heat those up - yet.
> ====
>
> Even a bigger post would work the same) I don't remember it being only
> for one though!

These moka pots aren't popular in our rock. I suspect that they aren't that
popular on the mainland either. Perhaps they are common in your town.

==

I just looked again at the pic I posted and it is a 6 cup! I don't think
mine was but it was more than one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:25:43 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 9:31:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>> On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 3:40:13 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:

I have one of those, I use it to brew Bustelo.
Works fine on a gas stove but will work on electric too.

>> > I find those to be intriguing. They look pretty exotic but I have no
>> > idea
>> > how they're supposed to be heated up. It would look pretty silly on an
>> > electric burner. They certainly won't work on an induction stove. I
>> > suppose
>> > one could use an alcohol burner. Ha ha, I'll have to research this and
>> > pick
>> > me up one. I'd like one of those small moka pots. They certainly seem
>> > like
>> > whole lot of fun!
>> > ===
>> >
>> > It sat on the gas hob)

>> You probably had the larger pot. The ones I've seen are tiny one shot
>> deals.
>> I don't have a way to heat those up - yet.
>> ====
>>
>> Even a bigger post would work the same) I don't remember it being only
>> for one though!

>These moka pots aren't popular in our rock. I suspect that they aren't that
>popular on the mainland either. Perhaps they are common in your town.
>
>==
>
> I just looked again at the pic I posted and it is a 6 cup! I don't think
>mine was but it was more than one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 12:25:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
> On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 9:31:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> > On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 3:40:13 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:

> > > I find those to be intriguing. They look pretty exotic but I have no
> > > idea
> > > how they're supposed to be heated up. It would look pretty silly on an
> > > electric burner. They certainly won't work on an induction stove. I
> > > suppose
> > > one could use an alcohol burner. Ha ha, I'll have to research this and
> > > pick
> > > me up one. I'd like one of those small moka pots. They certainly seem
> > > like
> > > whole lot of fun!
> > > ===
> > >
> > > It sat on the gas hob)

> > You probably had the larger pot. The ones I've seen are tiny one shot
> > deals.
> > I don't have a way to heat those up - yet.
> > ====
> >
> > Even a bigger post would work the same) I don't remember it being only
> > for one though!

> These moka pots aren't popular in our rock. I suspect that they aren't that
> popular on the mainland either. Perhaps they are common in your town.
> ==
>
> I just looked again at the pic I posted and it is a 6 cup! I don't think
> mine was but it was more than one.

I now remember that I have a cheap Asian butane burner that would work. All I have to do is get a moka pot from eBay. Can life be any more exciting?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 4:39:01 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 12:25:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> > On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 9:31:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > You probably had the larger pot. The ones I've seen are tiny one shot
> > > deals.
> > > I don't have a way to heat those up - yet.
> > > ====
> > >
> > > Even a bigger post would work the same) I don't remember it being only
> > > for one though!

> > These moka pots aren't popular in our rock. I suspect that they aren't that
> > popular on the mainland either. Perhaps they are common in your town.
> > ==
> >
> > I just looked again at the pic I posted and it is a 6 cup! I don't think
> > mine was but it was more than one.

> I now remember that I have a cheap Asian butane burner that would work. All I have to do is get a moka pot from eBay. Can life be any more exciting?

Both of the AirBnBs we stayed at in Puerto Rick had moka pots. They are standard
there, like drip makers are here.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 14:38:58 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 12:25:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>> On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 9:31:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > Even a bigger post would work the same) I don't remember it being only
>> > for one though!

>> These moka pots aren't popular in our rock. I suspect that they aren't that
>> popular on the mainland either. Perhaps they are common in your town.
>> ==
>>
>> I just looked again at the pic I posted and it is a 6 cup! I don't think
>> mine was but it was more than one.

>I now remember that I have a cheap Asian butane burner that would work.

Asian? Better be careful. It could fall apart on ya whilst in full
operation.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 1:12:29 PM UTC-10, Master Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 14:38:58 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 12:25:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> >> These moka pots aren't popular in our rock. I suspect that they aren't that
> >> popular on the mainland either. Perhaps they are common in your town.
> >> ==
> >>
> >> I just looked again at the pic I posted and it is a 6 cup! I don't think
> >> mine was but it was more than one.

> >I now remember that I have a cheap Asian butane burner that would work.
> >

> Asian? Better be careful. It could fall apart on ya whilst in full
> operation.

I ain't worried about it. Millions of Koreans can't be wrong!
https://www.amazon.com/GS-1000-Porta.../dp/B01MYGMO6M
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 15:49:01 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 1:12:29 PM UTC-10, Master Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 14:38:58 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >I now remember that I have a cheap Asian butane burner that would work.
>> >

>> Asian? Better be careful. It could fall apart on ya whilst in full
>> operation.

>I ain't worried about it. Millions of Koreans can't be wrong!
>https://www.amazon.com/GS-1000-Porta.../dp/B01MYGMO6M

If millions of Americans can...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 12:25:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
> On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 9:31:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> > On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 3:40:13 AM UTC-8, Ophelia wrote:

> > > I find those to be intriguing. They look pretty exotic but I have no
> > > idea
> > > how they're supposed to be heated up. It would look pretty silly on an
> > > electric burner. They certainly won't work on an induction stove. I
> > > suppose
> > > one could use an alcohol burner. Ha ha, I'll have to research this and
> > > pick
> > > me up one. I'd like one of those small moka pots. They certainly seem
> > > like
> > > whole lot of fun!
> > > ===
> > >
> > > It sat on the gas hob)

> > You probably had the larger pot. The ones I've seen are tiny one shot
> > deals.
> > I don't have a way to heat those up - yet.
> > ====
> >
> > Even a bigger post would work the same) I don't remember it being only
> > for one though!

> These moka pots aren't popular in our rock. I suspect that they aren't
> that
> popular on the mainland either. Perhaps they are common in your town.
> ==
>
> I just looked again at the pic I posted and it is a 6 cup! I don't think
> mine was but it was more than one.

I now remember that I have a cheap Asian butane burner that would work. All
I have to do is get a moka pot from eBay. Can life be any more exciting?

===

LOL do report back)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 1:12:29 PM UTC-10, Master Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 14:38:58 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 12:25:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> >> These moka pots aren't popular in our rock. I suspect that they aren't
> >> that
> >> popular on the mainland either. Perhaps they are common in your town.
> >> ==
> >>
> >> I just looked again at the pic I posted and it is a 6 cup! I don't
> >> think
> >> mine was but it was more than one.

> >I now remember that I have a cheap Asian butane burner that would work.
> >

> Asian? Better be careful. It could fall apart on ya whilst in full
> operation.

I ain't worried about it. Millions of Koreans can't be wrong!
https://www.amazon.com/GS-1000-Porta.../dp/B01MYGMO6M

====

We have two of those)) We have no 'real' gas in this tiny village and use
bottled gas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> ====
>
> We have no 'real' gas in this tiny village and
> use bottled gas.

In an old place, I had bottled gas (probably propane). It lasted for
years so I didn't check it often. It finally ran out one Thanksgiving
day while cooking a turkey. I ended up going out for pizza that day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:
> ====
>
> We have no 'real' gas in this tiny village and
> use bottled gas.

In an old place, I had bottled gas (probably propane). It lasted for
years so I didn't check it often. It finally ran out one Thanksgiving
day while cooking a turkey. I ended up going out for pizza that day.

===

Awwww