Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My recent potta drip Sumatran coffee came out like weak tea!

Ophelia wrote:
> It sat on the gas hob)

that's what ours did. i didn't drink coffee back then
so i have no memory of how it tasted. it smelled good.
but to me the best smell of coffee is when you open the
can to put some in the coffee maker.

my own coffee habit is almost nothing these days. the
caffiene withdrawal headaches aren't worth it and i can't
drink much of it at all. one or two cups a week and very
weak coffee, or a tiny amount of strong coffee a few times
a week. if i drink more than that i'm asking for headaches.

i used to drink a lot of teas and preferred to make them
from the loose-leaf kind, i'd steep that in hot water and
so it pretty much looked like swamp water and that was what
i called it because it was all these bits of twigs and
leaves floating around. at times i'd just nibble on the
bits too just for something to do i guess.

now all that would make me jittery.

g'morning! we have some new fresh snow so it looks
nice out plus the trees have some ice on them and the sun
is shining so it is all sparkles. we'll have to do some
shovelling today and that is good with us, we both argue
about who gets to shovel when there isn't enough to share.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"songbird" wrote in message news
Ophelia wrote:
> It sat on the gas hob)

that's what ours did. i didn't drink coffee back then
so i have no memory of how it tasted. it smelled good.
but to me the best smell of coffee is when you open the
can to put some in the coffee maker.

my own coffee habit is almost nothing these days. the
caffiene withdrawal headaches aren't worth it and i can't
drink much of it at all. one or two cups a week and very
weak coffee, or a tiny amount of strong coffee a few times
a week. if i drink more than that i'm asking for headaches.

i used to drink a lot of teas and preferred to make them
from the loose-leaf kind, i'd steep that in hot water and
so it pretty much looked like swamp water and that was what
i called it because it was all these bits of twigs and
leaves floating around. at times i'd just nibble on the
bits too just for something to do i guess.

now all that would make me jittery.

g'morning! we have some new fresh snow so it looks
nice out plus the trees have some ice on them and the sun
is shining so it is all sparkles. we'll have to do some
shovelling today and that is good with us, we both argue
about who gets to shovel when there isn't enough to share.

songbird

===

Awww lucky you) We had a little snow fall this morning but not
much( We have hills to the south and hills to the west which protect us
from anything much I love the snow but unfortunately don't get a lot
here(

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> It sat on the gas hob)

that's what ours did. i didn't drink coffee back then
so i have no memory of how it tasted. it smelled good.
but to me the best smell of coffee is when you open the
can to put some in the coffee maker.

my own coffee habit is almost nothing these days. the
caffiene withdrawal headaches aren't worth it and i can't
drink much of it at all. one or two cups a week and very
weak coffee, or a tiny amount of strong coffee a few times
a week. if i drink more than that i'm asking for headaches.

i used to drink a lot of teas and preferred to make them
from the loose-leaf kind, i'd steep that in hot water and
so it pretty much looked like swamp water and that was what
i called it because it was all these bits of twigs and
leaves floating around. at times i'd just nibble on the
bits too just for something to do i guess.

now all that would make me jittery.

g'morning! we have some new fresh snow so it looks
nice out plus the trees have some ice on them and the sun
is shining so it is all sparkles. we'll have to do some
shovelling today and that is good with us, we both argue
about who gets to shovel when there isn't enough to share.

songbird

====

Lucky you! We don't get enough here to comment on.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2021 5:47 AM, songbird wrote:

> but to me the best smell of coffee is when you open the
> can to put some in the coffee maker.

The only coffee I buy in cans is Mehmet Efendi from Turkey, and
it does smell pretty good when the can is opened.

Otherwise, it's all roasted beans from just about everywhere. I've
got Vietnamese, German, and local roasts right now, and a nifty
superauto to make damn good coffee.