Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Company Cheesecake Recipe

This recipe came from a woman's grandmother's recipe box. This one
was known in the box as a "Special Occasion" one.

Ingredients

Crust Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup fine Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 cup chopped Nuts
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/3 cup Butter, melted

Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
16oz Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
1 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
3 Eggs

Company Cheesecake Mise en Place:
93 Springform Pan
Spatula
Stand Mixer (bowl, beater, etc)
Measuring Spoons
Measuring Cup
Bowl

Company Cheesecake Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.
Mix together Graham cracker crumbs, chopped nuts, cinnamon,
and melted butter in a bowl.
Press Graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 93
springform pan.

Using a stand mixer, blend together cream cheese, sugar,
vanilla, and almond extract.
Add eggs, blend until incorporated.
Pour into prepared crust.

Bake for 35 minutes in a preheated 375 oven.

Cool before serving.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 12:01:00 AM UTC-5, MummyChunk wrote:
> This recipe came from a woman's grandmother's recipe box. This one
> was known in the box as a "Special Occasion" one.
>
> Ingredients
>
> Crust Ingredients:
> 1 3/4 cup fine Graham Cracker Crumbs
> 1/4 cup chopped Nuts
> 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
> 1/3 cup Butter, melted
>
> Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
> 16oz Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
> 1 cup Sugar
> 2 tsp Vanilla
> 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
> 3 Eggs
>
> Company Cheesecake Mise en Place:
> Ï 93 Springform Pan
> Ï Spatula
> Ï Stand Mixer (bowl, beater, etc)
> Ï Measuring Spoons
> Ï Measuring Cup
> Ï Bowl
>
> Company Cheesecake Recipe Directions:
> Ï Preheat oven to 375.
> Ï Mix together Graham cracker crumbs, chopped nuts, cinnamon,
> and melted butter in a bowl.
> Ï Press Graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 93
> springform pan.
>
> Ï Using a stand mixer, blend together cream cheese, sugar,
> vanilla, and almond extract.
> Ï Add eggs, blend until incorporated.
> Ï Pour into prepared crust.
>
> Ï Bake for 35 minutes in a preheated 375 oven.
>
> Ï Cool before serving.

Sounds good but I will skip the nuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 3:05:21 PM UTC-5, Thomas wrote:
> On Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 12:01:00 AM UTC-5, MummyChunk wrote:
> > This recipe came from a woman's grandmother's recipe box. This one
> > was known in the box as a "Special Occasion" one.
> >
> > Ingredients
> >
> > Crust Ingredients:
> > 1 3/4 cup fine Graham Cracker Crumbs
> > 1/4 cup chopped Nuts
> > 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
> > 1/3 cup Butter, melted
> >
> > Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
> > 16oz Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
> > 1 cup Sugar
> > 2 tsp Vanilla
> > 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
> > 3 Eggs
> >
> > Company Cheesecake Mise en Place:
> > Ï 93 Springform Pan
> > Ï Spatula
> > Ï Stand Mixer (bowl, beater, etc)
> > Ï Measuring Spoons
> > Ï Measuring Cup
> > Ï Bowl
> >
> > Company Cheesecake Recipe Directions:
> > Ï Preheat oven to 375.
> > Ï Mix together Graham cracker crumbs, chopped nuts, cinnamon,
> > and melted butter in a bowl.
> > Ï Press Graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 93
> > springform pan.
> >
> > Ï Using a stand mixer, blend together cream cheese, sugar,
> > vanilla, and almond extract.
> > Ï Add eggs, blend until incorporated.
> > Ï Pour into prepared crust.
> >
> > Ï Bake for 35 minutes in a preheated 375 oven.
> >
> > Ï Cool before serving.

> Sounds good but I will skip the nuts.

I don't mind the nuts, but the almond extract has no place in
cheesecake. As a minor quibble, I prefer to make the crust
from coarse graham cracker crumbs, butter, and a little
brown sugar. Our filling uses less sugar, so the net effect
isn't any sweeter. And we use the traditional sour-cream
topping, which adds additional tanginess.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 12:21:33 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 3:05:21 PM UTC-5, Thomas wrote:
>> On Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 12:01:00 AM UTC-5, MummyChunk wrote:
>> > This recipe came from a woman's grandmother's recipe box. This one
>> > was known in the box as a "Special Occasion" one.
>> >
>> > Ingredients
>> >
>> > Crust Ingredients:
>> > 1 3/4 cup fine Graham Cracker Crumbs
>> > 1/4 cup chopped Nuts
>> > 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
>> > 1/3 cup Butter, melted
>> >
>> > Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
>> > 16oz Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
>> > 1 cup Sugar
>> > 2 tsp Vanilla
>> > 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
>> > 3 Eggs
>> >
>> > Company Cheesecake Mise en Place:
>> > Ï 93 Springform Pan
>> > Ï Spatula
>> > Ï Stand Mixer (bowl, beater, etc)
>> > Ï Measuring Spoons
>> > Ï Measuring Cup
>> > Ï Bowl
>> >
>> > Company Cheesecake Recipe Directions:
>> > Ï Preheat oven to 375.
>> > Ï Mix together Graham cracker crumbs, chopped nuts, cinnamon,
>> > and melted butter in a bowl.
>> > Ï Press Graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 93
>> > springform pan.
>> >
>> > Ï Using a stand mixer, blend together cream cheese, sugar,
>> > vanilla, and almond extract.
>> > Ï Add eggs, blend until incorporated.
>> > Ï Pour into prepared crust.
>> >
>> > Ï Bake for 35 minutes in a preheated 375 oven.
>> >
>> > Ï Cool before serving.

>> Sounds good but I will skip the nuts.

>I don't mind the nuts, but the almond extract has no place in
>cheesecake. As a minor quibble, I prefer to make the crust
>from coarse graham cracker crumbs, butter, and a little
>brown sugar. Our filling uses less sugar, so the net effect
>isn't any sweeter. And we use the traditional sour-cream
>topping, which adds additional tanginess.

You're a very precise person. Duly noted.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 12:21:33 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> Sounds good but I will skip the nuts.

>> I don't mind the nuts, but the almond extract has no place in
>> cheesecake. As a minor quibble, I prefer to make the crust
>>from coarse graham cracker crumbs, butter, and a little
>> brown sugar. Our filling uses less sugar, so the net effect
>> isn't any sweeter. And we use the traditional sour-cream
>> topping, which adds additional tanginess.

> You're a very precise person. Duly noted.

You mean duly sniffed!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 2:21:39 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I don't mind the nuts, but the almond extract has no place in
> cheesecake.

Almond extract is nice in cheesecake.

> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thomas wrote:
> Sounds good but I will skip the nuts.

but this is rfc?!

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 2:21:39 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> I don't mind the nuts, but the almond extract has no place in
>> cheesecake.
>>

> Almond extract is nice in cheesecake.

i could enjoy it once in a while, but not in
every one i made.

i think my favorite three places to use almond extract
are in cream cheese poundcake muffins (along with some
lemon oil flavoring - not much of either because you do
not want them to be the dominant flavors at all), black
walnut cookies frosting and when making baily's.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"songbird" wrote in message ...

Thomas wrote:
> Sounds good but I will skip the nuts.

but this is rfc?!

songbird

==

<g>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 3:39:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 2:21:39 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I don't mind the nuts, but the almond extract has no place in
> > cheesecake.
> >

> Almond extract is nice in cheesecake.

Almond extract makes anything taste like maraschino cherries. No, thanks.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 3:39:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 2:21:39 PM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't mind the nuts, but the almond extract has no place in
> > > cheesecake.
> > >

> > Almond extract is nice in cheesecake.

> Almond extract makes anything taste like maraschino cherries. No, thank

Real almonds are preferable IMO...

--
Best
Greg