Bunny McElwee

Default CheeseCake Cupckae recipe - Turning it into Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcake recipe

I would like to turn this recipe into Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcakes. It's
a Paula Deen recipe from one of her past shows. I have made this version of
the recipe, although instead of using the one vanilla wafer in the bottom as
she suggests, I crushed them and mixed them with a little butter and sugar
and made a "crust" out of them in the cupcake liners because I thought it
looked better. They turned out unbelievably awesome and there were none
left. How would I go about making this recipe using the addition of Key Lime
Juice and zest? Do I just add a little and try it or is there a ratio to
keep the balance of the pie from becoming too runny from the addition of the
liquid? I've looked on the internet for a Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcake recipe
and haven't come across any. Regular cupcakes like little cakes, yes, but no
cheesecake cupcakes. Can anyone help?

--
Bunny McElwee
Event Coordinator & Membership

1991 Mariner Blue with Red & White Stripes
"BlueFlash"

Bunny McElwee

Opps, forgot to add the recipe. See question below recipe:

2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 vanilla wafers
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling or other pie filling

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of muffin pan. Beat cream cheese
with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating
well. Add eggs, 1at a time, beating well after each addition. Lay a vanilla
wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over
wafers. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely. Serve with
cherry filling on top, or pie filling of your choice.

"Bunny McElwee" > wrote in message
> I would like to turn this recipe into Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcakes.

It's
> a Paula Deen recipe from one of her past shows. I have made this version

of
> the recipe, although instead of using the one vanilla wafer in the bottom

as
> she suggests, I crushed them and mixed them with a little butter and sugar
> and made a "crust" out of them in the cupcake liners because I thought it
> looked better. They turned out unbelievably awesome and there were none
> left. How would I go about making this recipe using the addition of Key

Lime
> Juice and zest? Do I just add a little and try it or is there a ratio to
> keep the balance of the pie from becoming too runny from the addition of

the
> liquid? I've looked on the internet for a Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcake

recipe
> and haven't come across any. Regular cupcakes like little cakes, yes, but

no
> cheesecake cupcakes. Can anyone help?
>

> --
> Bunny McElwee
> Event Coordinator & Membership
> Lowcountry Miata Club
> www.lowcountrymiataclub.net
>
> 1991 Mariner Blue with Red & White Stripes
> "BlueFlash"

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 12 Mar 2005 10:02:11a, Bunny McElwee wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Opps, forgot to add the recipe. See question below recipe:
>
> 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
> 2 eggs
> 12 vanilla wafers
> 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling or other pie filling
>
> Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
> Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of muffin pan. Beat cream cheese
> with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla,
> beating well. Add eggs, 1at a time, beating well after each addition.
> Lay a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream
> cheese mixture over wafers. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool
> completely. Serve with cherry filling on top, or pie filling of your
> choice.
>

> "Bunny McElwee" > wrote in message
>> I would like to turn this recipe into Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcakes.
>> It's a Paula Deen recipe from one of her past shows. I have made
>> this version of the recipe, although instead of using the one
>> vanilla wafer in the bottom as
>> she suggests, I crushed them and mixed them with a little butter and
>> sugar and made a "crust" out of them in the cupcake liners because I
>> thought it looked better. They turned out unbelievably awesome and
>> there were none left. How would I go about making this recipe using the
>> addition of Key Lime Juice and zest? Do I just add a little and try it
>> or is there a ratio to keep the balance of the pie from becoming too
>> runny from the addition of the liquid? I've looked on the internet for
>> a Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcake recipe and haven't come across any.
>> Regular cupcakes like little cakes, yes, but no cheesecake cupcakes.
>> Can anyone help?
>>

>> --
>> Bunny McElwee
>> Event Coordinator & Membership
>> Lowcountry Miata Club www.lowcountrymiataclub.net
>>
>> 1991 Mariner Blue with Red & White Stripes
>> "BlueFlash"

Try adding 3 tablespoons of lime juice, 1/2 to teaspoon grated lime zest,
and 2 teaspoons of flour to the recipe to compensate for the added liquid.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Michael

After making a key lime pie and a New York cheesecake for work
last week, I thought about the possibilities for combining the two
into a key lime cheesecake. I thought I'd probably just do a
variation on the New York recipe, perhaps replacing some of the
sour cream with my "fake" key lime juice, probably adding a little
extra sugar to prevent a permanent pucker from the lime juice.

It makes me nervous, though, experimenting with a cheesecake.
The ingredients are kind of expensive to be messing with some-
thing that might turn up inedible.

Michael

Damsel in dis Dress

"Michael" >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>After making a key lime pie and a New York cheesecake for work
>last week, I thought about the possibilities for combining the two
>into a key lime cheesecake. I thought I'd probably just do a
>variation on the New York recipe, perhaps replacing some of the
>sour cream with my "fake" key lime juice, probably adding a little
>extra sugar to prevent a permanent pucker from the lime juice.
>
>It makes me nervous, though, experimenting with a cheesecake.
>The ingredients are kind of expensive to be messing with some-
>thing that might turn up inedible.

From Google:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Key Lime Cheesecake

Recipe By : Shared by: Pulliam-Schiele on rec.food.cooking
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cheesecake

-------- ------------ ------------------------------*--
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter -- melted
1 cup lime juice
1/4 cup water
2 packets unflavored gelatin -- (1/4 oz)
1 1/2 cups sugar
5 eggs -- beaten
1 tablespoon lime peel -- grated
1/2 cup butter -- softened
2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese -- softened
1/2 cup whipping cream

In medium bowl, stir all crust ingredients. Press on bottom of 9"
springform pan. Set aside. In 2 quart saucepan, combine lime juice and
water; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 5 mins. to soften. Add sugar,
eggs and lime peel. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until
mixture nearly comes to a boil, 7 or 8 mins. DO NOT BOIL! Set aside.

In large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed,
scraping bowl often, until well mixed, 1 - 2 mins. Gradually add hot
lime mixture, until well mixed. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally,
until cool, about 45 mins.

In chilled small bowl, beat chilled whipping cream at high speed,
scraping bowl often, until stiff peaks form, 3 - 4 mins. Fold into
lime mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Cover; refrigerate until firm,
3 to 4 hours. Loosen side of cheesecake from pan by running knife
around inside of pan. Garnish top of cheesecake with whipped cream and
lime slices.

Source: Land O Lakes
Notes: Sweetened whip cream and/or lime slices for garnish, optional
Shared by Squeaks

KEY LIME CHEESECAKE #2

Ingredients :
3 c. pecans, chopped fine
1 c. butter (melted)
1/2 c. sugar
16 oz. cream cheese
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/4 c. or slightly more key lime juice
3 eggs

TOPPING:
2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. key lime juice

Preparation :
Blend together first three ingredients and form into 10 inch
springform pan or large pie plate. Blend cream cheese and sugar
together. Add vanilla and key lime juice. Beat in eggs one at a
time. Blend well and pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40
minutes. Test for doneness. Remove from oven and let stand for 15
minutes. Blend together sour cream, sugar and key lime juice.
Spread on top of cake. Return to oven at 325 degrees and bake for
10 minutes. Remove and chill all day or night before serving.

Shared by: mcmeekin on rec.food.cooking

Michael

Thank you for the key lime cheesecake recipes, Carol. The first
one looks particularly interesting. I've only done one no-bake
cheesecake before and it was a chocolate one that substituted
whipped cream for the eggs. I notice the one you listed goes the
other route for no-bake, using gelatin. I'll give it a shot!

Thanks again, Michael

Becca

Michael wrote:
> Thank you for the key lime cheesecake recipes, Carol. The first
> one looks particularly interesting. I've only done one no-bake
> cheesecake before and it was a chocolate one that substituted
> whipped cream for the eggs. I notice the one you listed goes the
> other route for no-bake, using gelatin. I'll give it a shot!
>
> Thanks again, Michael

I have made that first Key Lime Cheesecake a few times. It is dee-lish!
Very thick and rich.

Becca
Bunny McElwee

Thank you for the information of the additions Wayne, they turned out great!

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Sat 12 Mar 2005 10:02:11a, Bunny McElwee wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > Opps, forgot to add the recipe. See question below recipe:
> >
> > 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
> > 1 cup sugar
> > 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
> > 2 eggs
> > 12 vanilla wafers
> > 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling or other pie filling
> >
> > Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
> > Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of muffin pan. Beat cream cheese
> > with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla,
> > beating well. Add eggs, 1at a time, beating well after each addition.
> > Lay a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream
> > cheese mixture over wafers. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool
> > completely. Serve with cherry filling on top, or pie filling of your
> > choice.
> >

> > "Bunny McElwee" > wrote in message
> >> I would like to turn this recipe into Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcakes.
> >> It's a Paula Deen recipe from one of her past shows. I have made
> >> this version of the recipe, although instead of using the one
> >> vanilla wafer in the bottom as
> >> she suggests, I crushed them and mixed them with a little butter and
> >> sugar and made a "crust" out of them in the cupcake liners because I
> >> thought it looked better. They turned out unbelievably awesome and
> >> there were none left. How would I go about making this recipe using the
> >> addition of Key Lime Juice and zest? Do I just add a little and try it
> >> or is there a ratio to keep the balance of the pie from becoming too
> >> runny from the addition of the liquid? I've looked on the internet for
> >> a Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcake recipe and haven't come across any.
> >> Regular cupcakes like little cakes, yes, but no cheesecake cupcakes.
> >> Can anyone help?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Bunny McElwee
> >> Event Coordinator & Membership
> >> Lowcountry Miata Club www.lowcountrymiataclub.net
> >>
> >> 1991 Mariner Blue with Red & White Stripes
> >> "BlueFlash"

> Try adding 3 tablespoons of lime juice, 1/2 to teaspoon grated lime zest,
> and 2 teaspoons of flour to the recipe to compensate for the added liquid.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
>
> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 21 Mar 2005 05:49:57p, Bunny McElwee wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>> Try adding 3 tablespoons of lime juice, 1/2 to teaspoon grated lime
>> zest, and 2 teaspoons of flour to the recipe to compensate for the
>> added liquid.

> Thank you for the information of the additions Wayne, they turned out
> great!

So glad it worked out, Bunny!

--
Wayne Boatwright