Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe for Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake

> Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
>

> For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart
desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue party, or
birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is
always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make and just really
tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen
strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!

INGREDIENTS:

+ 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.

+ 2 large bananas.

+ One carton of Cool Whip.

+ A box of yellow cake mix.

+ One PKG instant vanilla pudding.

+ I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)

HOW TO MAKE IT ???

Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box, blend
the cake batter.

Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake the
cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.

Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given In the
box. And refrigerate.

Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.

Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.

Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
completely spread it to cover.

Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
Cool Whip.

Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their juices.

Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MummyChunk" > wrote in message

> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
> >

> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

> will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart

<snip>

That would not please me in any way, shape or form!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/23/2020 6:36 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "MummyChunk" > wrote in
> message ...
>>
>> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
>> >

>> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

>> will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart

> <snip>
>
> That would not please me in any way, shape or form!

Strawberries aren't in season now anyway so the Munnychunk point
directing people who the click-bait web site is moot.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 17:03:54 -0600,
lid (MummyChunk) wrote:

> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
> >

> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

>will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart
>desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue party, or
>birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is
>always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make and just really
>tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen
>strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!
> >

>INGREDIENTS:
>
> + 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.
>
> + 2 large bananas.
>
> + One carton of Cool Whip.
>
> + A box of yellow cake mix.
>
> + One PKG instant vanilla pudding.
>
> + I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)
>
>HOW TO MAKE IT ???
>
>Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
>
>Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box, blend
>the cake batter.
>
>Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake the
>cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.
>
>Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given In the
>box. And refrigerate.
>
>Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.
>
>Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
>pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.
>
>Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
>completely spread it to cover.
>
>Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
>Cool Whip.
>
>Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
>strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their juices.
>

>Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!
>
>View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
Strawberries sound nice.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 15:36:23 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"MummyChunk" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
>> >

>> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

>> will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart

><snip>
>
>That would not please me in any way, shape or form!

then there was no need for you to answer
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

lid (MummyChunk) wrote:

> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
> >

> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

>will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart
>desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue party, or
>birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is
>always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make and just really
>tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen
>strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!
> >

>INGREDIENTS:
>
> + 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.
>
> + 2 large bananas.
>
> + One carton of Cool Whip.
>
> + A box of yellow cake mix.
>
> + One PKG instant vanilla pudding.
>
> + I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)
>
>HOW TO MAKE IT ???
>
>Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
>
>Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box, blend
>the cake batter.
>
>Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake the
>cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.
>
>Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given In the
>box. And refrigerate.
>
>Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.
>
>Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
>pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.
>
>Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
>completely spread it to cover.
>
>Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
>Cool Whip.
>
>Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
>strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their juices.
>

>Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!
>
>View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
Strawberries sound nice.
Janet US

====

I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
fresh cream?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 09:53:11 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
>cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
>Strawberries sound nice.
>Janet US
>
>====
>
> I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
>fresh cream?

These are ingredients of Cool Whip:

"Water, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable
Oil (Coconut and Palm Kernel Oils), Less than Two Percent of Sodium
Caseinate (from Milk), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Modified Food
Starch, Xanthan and Guar Gums, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Monostearate,
Sodium Polyphosphates, Beta Carotene (Color)"

I'd rather have whipped fresh cream, wouldn't you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
>cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
>Strawberries sound nice.
>Janet US
>
>====
>
> I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
>fresh cream?

These are ingredients of Cool Whip:

"Water, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable
Oil (Coconut and Palm Kernel Oils), Less than Two Percent of Sodium
Caseinate (from Milk), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Modified Food
Starch, Xanthan and Guar Gums, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Monostearate,
Sodium Polyphosphates, Beta Carotene (Color)"

I'd rather have whipped fresh cream, wouldn't you?

===

Of course but I wanted to know if the results were similar) I never said
i would actually use it LOL

I have similar preferences to you)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 10:10:10 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 09:53:11 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
. ..

>>Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
>>cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
>>Strawberries sound nice.
>>Janet US
>>
>>====
>>
>> I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
>>fresh cream?

>These are ingredients of Cool Whip:
>
>"Water, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable
>Oil (Coconut and Palm Kernel Oils), Less than Two Percent of Sodium
>Caseinate (from Milk), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Modified Food
>Starch, Xanthan and Guar Gums, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Monostearate,
>Sodium Polyphosphates, Beta Carotene (Color)"
>
>I'd rather have whipped fresh cream, wouldn't you?
>
>===
>
> Of course but I wanted to know if the results were similar) I never said
>i would actually use it LOL
>
> I have similar preferences to you)

I didn't think you'd be a fan of Cool Whip
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 6:44:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On 11/23/2020 6:36 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > "MummyChunk" > wrote in
> > message ...

> >> will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart

> > <snip>
> >
> > That would not please me in any way, shape or form!

> Strawberries aren't in season now anyway so the Munnychunk point
> directing people who the click-bait web site is moot.
>
> Jill

It calls for a box of frozen strawberries. The boxes are invariably sweetened.

Every single ingredient is loaded with sugar. Ok, the canned pineapple probably
could be purchased unsweetened.

My teeth ache just reading the recipe.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 4:53:26 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 17:03:54 -0600,
> (MummyChunk) wrote:
>

> > > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
> > >

> > > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

> >will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart
> >desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue party, or
> >birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is
> >always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make and just really
> >tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen
> >strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!
> > >

> >INGREDIENTS:
> >
> > + 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.
> >
> > + 2 large bananas.
> >
> > + One carton of Cool Whip.
> >
> > + A box of yellow cake mix.
> >
> > + One PKG instant vanilla pudding.
> >
> > + I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)
> >
> >HOW TO MAKE IT ???
> >
> >Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
> >
> >Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box, blend
> >the cake batter.
> >
> >Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake the
> >cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.
> >
> >Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given In the
> >box. And refrigerate.
> >
> >Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.
> >
> >Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
> >pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.
> >
> >Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
> >completely spread it to cover.
> >
> >Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
> >Cool Whip.
> >
> >Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
> >strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their juices.
> >

> >Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!
> >
> >View the attachments for this post at:
> >http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

> Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
> cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
> Strawberries sound nice.
> Janet US
> ====
>
> I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
> fresh cream?

You'd want to stabilize the whipped cream with gelatine or cornflour or
something.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 17:03:54 -0600,
> lid (MummyChunk) wrote:
>

>> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
>> >

>> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

>>will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart
>>desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue party, or
>>birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is
>>always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make and just really
>>tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen
>>strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!
>> >

>>INGREDIENTS:
>>
>> + 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.
>>
>> + 2 large bananas.
>>
>> + One carton of Cool Whip.
>>
>> + A box of yellow cake mix.
>>
>> + One PKG instant vanilla pudding.
>>
>> + I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)
>>
>>HOW TO MAKE IT ???
>>
>>Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
>>
>>Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box, blend
>>the cake batter.
>>
>>Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake the
>>cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.
>>
>>Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given In the
>>box. And refrigerate.
>>
>>Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.
>>
>>Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
>>pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.
>>
>>Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
>>completely spread it to cover.
>>
>>Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
>>Cool Whip.
>>
>>Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
>>strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their juices.
>>

>>Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!
>>
>>View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

> Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
> cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
> Strawberries sound nice.
> Janet US
>
> ====
>
> I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
> fresh cream?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 17:03:54 -0600,
> lid (MummyChunk) wrote:
>

>> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
>> >

>> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

>>will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart
>>desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue party, or
>>birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is
>>always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make and just really
>>tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen
>>strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!
>> >

>>INGREDIENTS:
>>
>> + 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.
>>
>> + 2 large bananas.
>>
>> + One carton of Cool Whip.
>>
>> + A box of yellow cake mix.
>>
>> + One PKG instant vanilla pudding.
>>
>> + I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)
>>
>>HOW TO MAKE IT ???
>>
>>Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
>>
>>Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box, blend
>>the cake batter.
>>
>>Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake the
>>cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.
>>
>>Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given In the
>>box. And refrigerate.
>>
>>Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.
>>
>>Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
>>pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.
>>
>>Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
>>completely spread it to cover.
>>
>>Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
>>Cool Whip.
>>
>>Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
>>strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their juices.
>>

>>Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!
>>
>>View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

> Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
> cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
> Strawberries sound nice.
> Janet US
>
> ====
>
> I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
> fresh cream?

No. It's frozen chemicals.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/23/2020 6:43 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/23/2020 6:36 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "MummyChunk" > wrote in
>> message ...

>>> will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart

>> <snip>
>>
>> That would not please me in any way, shape or form!

> Strawberries aren't in season now anyway so the Munnychunk point
> directing people to the click-bait web site is moot.

Your response is moot too as the recipe calls for *frozen* strawberries.
Again, sounds good but like another old Betty Crocker recipe. I still
the old ones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 09:53:11 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
. ..

>>Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
>>cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
>>Strawberries sound nice.
>>Janet US
>>
>>====
>>
>> I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
>>fresh cream?

>These are ingredients of Cool Whip:
>
>"Water, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable
>Oil (Coconut and Palm Kernel Oils), Less than Two Percent of Sodium
>Caseinate (from Milk), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Modified Food
>Starch, Xanthan and Guar Gums, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Monostearate,
>Sodium Polyphosphates, Beta Carotene (Color)"
>
>I'd rather have whipped fresh cream, wouldn't you?
>
>===
>
> Of course but I wanted to know if the results were similar) I never
> said
>i would actually use it LOL
>
> I have similar preferences to you)

I didn't think you'd be a fan of Cool Whip

---

Well I have never tried it and that is the reason I was asking <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 17:03:54 -0600,
> lid (MummyChunk) wrote:
>

>> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
>> >

>> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

>>will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart
>>desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue party, or
>>birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is
>>always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make and just really
>>tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen
>>strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!
>> >

>>INGREDIENTS:
>>
>> + 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.
>>
>> + 2 large bananas.
>>
>> + One carton of Cool Whip.
>>
>> + A box of yellow cake mix.
>>
>> + One PKG instant vanilla pudding.
>>
>> + I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)
>>
>>HOW TO MAKE IT ???
>>
>>Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
>>
>>Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box, blend
>>the cake batter.
>>
>>Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake the
>>cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.
>>
>>Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given In the
>>box. And refrigerate.
>>
>>Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.
>>
>>Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
>>pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.
>>
>>Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
>>completely spread it to cover.
>>
>>Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
>>Cool Whip.
>>
>>Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
>>strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their juices.
>>

>>Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!
>>
>>View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

> Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
> cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
> Strawberries sound nice.
> Janet US
>
> ====
>
> I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
> fresh cream?

No. It's frozen chemicals.

-----

Akkk thanks, Julie!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 03:14:11 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 6:44:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On 11/23/2020 6:36 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> >
>> > "MummyChunk" > wrote in
>> > message ...

>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > That would not please me in any way, shape or form!

>> Strawberries aren't in season now anyway so the Munnychunk point
>> directing people who the click-bait web site is moot.
>>
>> Jill

>It calls for a box of frozen strawberries. The boxes are invariably sweetened.
>
>Every single ingredient is loaded with sugar. Ok, the canned pineapple probably
>could be purchased unsweetened.
>
>My teeth ache just reading the recipe.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

the bags of various fruit from Costco are not sugared, just frozen. I
haven't looked in any supermarket freezer cases to see what is
available there.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

lid (MummyChunk) wrote:

> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
> >

> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

>will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart
>desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue party, or
>birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is
>always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make and just really
>tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen
>strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!
> >

>INGREDIENTS:
>
> + 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.
>
> + 2 large bananas.
>
> + One carton of Cool Whip.
>
> + A box of yellow cake mix.
>
> + One PKG instant vanilla pudding.
>
> + I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)
>
>HOW TO MAKE IT ???
>
>Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
>
>Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box, blend
>the cake batter.
>
>Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake the
>cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.
>
>Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given In the
>box. And refrigerate.
>
>Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.
>
>Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
>pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.
>
>Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
>completely spread it to cover.
>
>Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
>Cool Whip.
>
>Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
>strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their juices.
>

>Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!
>
>View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

This recipe and the other are simply recipes for quick and easy
Trifle. (I understand that it is not the English dish Trifle) Trifle
is layers of cake, fruit, jelly and cream.
Cool Whip is simply a whipped cream fake that will not dissolve if
this dessert is made ahead of time.
You all should have recognized the recipe for what it is.
Don't any of you people read recipes and cookbooks for fun?

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 03:14:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 4:53:26 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

>> >will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart
>> >desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue party, or
>> >birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is
>> >always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make and just really
>> >tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen
>> >strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!
>> > >

>> >INGREDIENTS:
>> >
>> > + 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.
>> >
>> > + 2 large bananas.
>> >
>> > + One carton of Cool Whip.
>> >
>> > + A box of yellow cake mix.
>> >
>> > + One PKG instant vanilla pudding.
>> >
>> > + I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)
>> >
>> >HOW TO MAKE IT ???
>> >
>> >Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
>> >
>> >Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box, blend
>> >the cake batter.
>> >
>> >Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake the
>> >cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.
>> >
>> >Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given In the
>> >box. And refrigerate.
>> >
>> >Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.
>> >
>> >Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
>> >pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.
>> >
>> >Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
>> >completely spread it to cover.
>> >
>> >Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
>> >Cool Whip.
>> >
>> >Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
>> >strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their juices.
>> >

>> >Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!
>> >
>> >View the attachments for this post at:
>> >http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

>> Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
>> cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
>> Strawberries sound nice.
>> Janet US
>> ====
>>
>> I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
>> fresh cream?

>You'd want to stabilize the whipped cream with gelatine or cornflour or
>something.

Xanthan gum?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 03:14:47 -0800, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> You'd want to stabilize the whipped cream with
> gelatine or cornflour or something.

Arrowroot is supposed to be the best starch for this.

And don't forget, lots of sugar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 11:14:05 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 03:14:11 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Strawberries aren't in season now anyway so the Munnychunk point
> >> directing people who the click-bait web site is moot.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >It calls for a box of frozen strawberries. The boxes are invariably sweetened.
> >
> >Every single ingredient is loaded with sugar. Ok, the canned pineapple probably
> >could be purchased unsweetened.
> >
> >My teeth ache just reading the recipe.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> the bags of various fruit from Costco are not sugared, just frozen. I
> haven't looked in any supermarket freezer cases to see what is
> available there.
> Janet US

The recipe specified a box. You are, of course, free to
use bagged fruit, which is generally unsweetened.

The result will still be too sweet for me. Cake mix. Pudding mix.
Cool Whip.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 12:35:56 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 03:14:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 4:53:26 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> >> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

> >> Same recipe around for years using chocolate cake, chocolate pudding,
> >> cool whip. Serves a lot of people and is an attractive dessert.
> >> Strawberries sound nice.
> >> Janet US
> >> ====
> >>
> >> I don't think we have Cool whip. Is it the same or similar to whipped
> >> fresh cream?

> >You'd want to stabilize the whipped cream with gelatine or cornflour or
> >something.

> Xanthan gum?

Sure, if she has any on hand.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 10:06:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 11:14:05 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 03:14:11 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >My teeth ache just reading the recipe.
>> >

>> the bags of various fruit from Costco are not sugared, just frozen. I
>> haven't looked in any supermarket freezer cases to see what is
>> available there.
>> Janet US

>The recipe specified a box. You are, of course, free to
>use bagged fruit, which is generally unsweetened.

The "box" (PKG) is not an ingredient. It's the packaging.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 10:06:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 11:14:05 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 03:14:11 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >It calls for a box of frozen strawberries. The boxes are invariably sweetened.
>> >
>> >Every single ingredient is loaded with sugar. Ok, the canned pineapple probably
>> >could be purchased unsweetened.
>> >
>> >My teeth ache just reading the recipe.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> the bags of various fruit from Costco are not sugared, just frozen. I
>> haven't looked in any supermarket freezer cases to see what is
>> available there.
>> Janet US

>The recipe specified a box. You are, of course, free to
>use bagged fruit, which is generally unsweetened.
>
>The result will still be too sweet for me. Cake mix. Pudding mix.
>Cool Whip.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I didn't know that boxed frozen fruit was sweetened. Until Costco I
only bought fresh fruit.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 2:02:48 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 10:06:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 11:14:05 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 03:14:11 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

> >> the bags of various fruit from Costco are not sugared, just frozen. I
> >> haven't looked in any supermarket freezer cases to see what is
> >> available there.
> >> Janet US

> >The recipe specified a box. You are, of course, free to
> >use bagged fruit, which is generally unsweetened.
> >
> >The result will still be too sweet for me. Cake mix. Pudding mix.
> >Cool Whip.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> I didn't know that boxed frozen fruit was sweetened. Until Costco I
> only bought fresh fruit.
> Janet US

I'm not sure what kind of packaging is used nowadays; the recipe is surely
a few decades old. When I was young, the only frozen strawberries were
in syrup. The container was a flattened tube of cardboard with rounded
corners. The ends were steel. The whole thing was shaped roughly like
a can of Spam.

The last time I saw such a container was the 1990s. My father-in-law made
the Christmas morning fruit salad with defrosted strawberries in syrup and
bananas--nothing else. My husband and I took over the fruit-salad making
after that.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 11:43:18 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

snip

>The last time I saw such a container was the 1990s. My father-in-law made
>the Christmas morning fruit salad with defrosted strawberries in syrup and
>bananas--nothing else. My husband and I took over the fruit-salad making
>after that.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

That does sound too sweet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-11-23 6:36 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "MummyChunk" > wrote in
> message ...
>>
>> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
>> >

>> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

>> will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart

> <snip>
>
> That would not please me in any way, shape or form!

Of course not. We did not expect that it would.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 10:06:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 11:14:05 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 03:14:11 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

>>> the bags of various fruit from Costco are not sugared, just frozen. I
>>> haven't looked in any supermarket freezer cases to see what is
>>> available there.
>>> Janet US

>>The recipe specified a box. You are, of course, free to
>>use bagged fruit, which is generally unsweetened.
>>
>>The result will still be too sweet for me. Cake mix. Pudding mix.
>>Cool Whip.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

> I didn't know that boxed frozen fruit was sweetened. Until Costco I
> only bought fresh fruit.

I don't even know if it comes in boxed any more. These days most people use
frozen fruit for smoothies. They buy bags of unsweetened.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 17:03:54 -0600,
> lid (MummyChunk) wrote:
>

>> > Here is another recipe that popped up on my phone today.
>> >

>> > For a dinner party, this is a perfect strawberry cake dessert that

>>will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart
>>desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue party, or
>>birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake is
>>always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make and just really
>>tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed pineapple, frozen
>>strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!
>> >

>>INGREDIENTS:
>>
>> + 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.
>>
>> + 2 large bananas.
>>
>> + One carton of Cool Whip.
>>
>> + A box of yellow cake mix.
>>
>> + One PKG instant vanilla pudding.
>>
>> + I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)
>>
>>HOW TO MAKE IT ???
>>
>>Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
>>
>>Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box, blend
>>the cake batter.
>>
>>Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake the
>>cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.
>>
>>Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given In the
>>box. And refrigerate.
>>
>>Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.
>>
>>Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
>>pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.
>>
>>Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
>>completely spread it to cover.
>>
>>Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
>>Cool Whip.
>>
>>Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
>>strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their juices.
>>

>>Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!
>>
>>View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

> This recipe and the other are simply recipes for quick and easy
> Trifle. (I understand that it is not the English dish Trifle) Trifle
> is layers of cake, fruit, jelly and cream.
> Cool Whip is simply a whipped cream fake that will not dissolve if
> this dessert is made ahead of time.
> You all should have recognized the recipe for what it is.
> Don't any of you people read recipes and cookbooks for fun?

I haven't read a cookbook in years. Pretty much any recipe I need is online.
But I don't do click bait.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 6:44:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On 11/23/2020 6:36 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > "MummyChunk" > wrote in
> > message ...

> >> will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your heart

> > <snip>
> >
> > That would not please me in any way, shape or form!

> Strawberries aren't in season now anyway so the Munnychunk point
> directing people who the click-bait web site is moot.

Then they are in season in South Africa, Argentina and Australia.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> news

> > > will please everybody, but fast enough to enjoy any time your
> > > heart desires. For any baby shower, bachelorette party, barbecue
> > > party, or birthday celebration, the Southern Strawberry Punch
> > > Bowl Cake is always a great choice. This recipe is simple to make
> > > and just really tasty! Packed with the sweet flavors of crushed
> > > pineapple, frozen strawberries, and Cool Whip. IT'S AMAAAAZING!!!!
> > > >

> > > INGREDIENTS:
> > >
> >> + 2 PKG of frozen strawberries.
> > >
> >> + 2 large bananas.
> > >
> >> + One carton of Cool Whip.
> > >
> >> + A box of yellow cake mix.
> > >
> >> + One PKG instant vanilla pudding.
> > >
> >> + I large can crushed pineapple. (drained)
> > >
> > > HOW TO MAKE IT ???
> > >
> > > Step 1_ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
> > >
> > > Step 2_ In compliance with the instructions given in the box,
> > > blend the cake batter.
> > >
> > > Step 3_ In two round baking pans divide the cake batter. And bake
> > > the cakes for 20 to 25 minutes, and let them cool.
> > >
> > > Step 4_ Prepare the pudding according to the instructions given
> > > In the box. And refrigerate.
> > >
> > > Step 5_ In a punch bowl, cut one layer of cake into tiny chunks.
> > >
> > > Step 6_ Place on top the half of the pudding; then add half the
> > > pineapple and 1 box of frozen strawberries.
> > >
> > > Step 7_ Slice a banana finely on top, add half Cool Whip carton,
> > > completely spread it to cover.
> > >
> > > Step 8_ With the other layer, repeat the same steps finishing with
> > > Cool Whip.
> > >
> > > Step 9_ Keep the cake overnight in the refrigerator so the
> > > strawberries will thaw and the cake will be infused with their
> > > juices.
> > >

> > > Serve it chilled. ENJOY IT!!
> > >
> > > View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9485#579209485

> > This recipe and the other are simply recipes for quick and easy
> > Trifle. (I understand that it is not the English dish Trifle)
> > Trifle is layers of cake, fruit, jelly and cream.
> > Cool Whip is simply a whipped cream fake that will not dissolve if
> > this dessert is made ahead of time.
> > You all should have recognized the recipe for what it is.
> > Don't any of you people read recipes and cookbooks for fun?

> I haven't read a cookbook in years. Pretty much any recipe I need is
> online. But I don't do click bait.

I'm more apt to use books, not that I haven't googled a few recipes as
well.

Here's an interesting one from Eating Well Magazine.

Turkey Egg Rolls

2 TB shredded cooked Turkey, leftover stuffing, shredded cabbage in an
egg roll wrapper. Coat with cooking spray and bake at 350F for 15-18
minutes. Serve with cranberry sauce for dipping.

I don't think that one suits you or me, but may well suit others here
for a quick simple use for leftover Turkey. Meantime I just marked a
page on a white bean and cauliflower soup that looks very interesting
to me!

It starts with 4TB olive oil
1 Med onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 ts sage
2 ts thyme
6 cups cauliflower flourets (medium head likely)
4 cups vegetable broth
15 oz white beans, rinsed
1/2 ts black pepper
1/4 ts salt
3 oz bread cut to 1/2 inch cubes (they use whole wheat store stuff)

They reserve 1/2 the spices for the bread and some of the oil and bake
the lot in separate dishes then blend the soup and combine.

That one is closer to how you and I eat.