Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 10/20/20

I cut a chuck-eye steak in half, seasoned it with S&P and a little
garlic salt and pan seared it in a small cast iron skillet to
medium-rare. Nice and juicy! I'll be having that with a few small
boiled red potatoes tossed with butter, S&P and dried dill weed.
Steamed sliced yellow squash to go with it.

I'm thinking tomorrow or the next day I'll thinly slice the other half
of the steak and do a beef & broccoli stir fry. It will only be sort of
"Chinese" since I don't plan to make rice to go with it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 5:15:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> I cut a chuck-eye steak in half, seasoned it with S&P and a little
> garlic salt and pan seared it in a small cast iron skillet to
> medium-rare. Nice and juicy! I'll be having that with a few small
> boiled red potatoes tossed with butter, S&P and dried dill weed.
> Steamed sliced yellow squash to go with it.
>
> I'm thinking tomorrow or the next day I'll thinly slice the other half
> of the steak and do a beef & broccoli stir fry. It will only be sort of
> "Chinese" since I don't plan to make rice to go with it.
>
> Jill

A chip butty and some re-heated spag bol here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 5:15:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> I cut a chuck-eye steak in half, seasoned it with S&P and a little
> garlic salt and pan seared it in a small cast iron skillet to
> medium-rare. Nice and juicy! I'll be having that with a few small
> boiled red potatoes tossed with butter, S&P and dried dill weed.
> Steamed sliced yellow squash to go with it.
>
> Jill

The rest of the chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole which was a big
hit with my brother. Also, another skillet of cornbread.

Popsicle later for dessert for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:45:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> On 10/20/2020 7:36 PM, wrote:
> >
> > The rest of the chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole which was a big
> > hit with my brother. Also, another skillet of cornbread.
> >

> I like that casserole. I haven't made it in years. You know I love
> cornbread.

You shoulda been here, my brother finished it off and the last two pieces
of cornbread, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:54:25 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > Popsicle later for dessert for me.
> >

> Damn you! I've been wanting a popsicle since yesterday, and you
> just made it worse.

I had a grape one. YUM! There's also a box of creamsicles and fudgesicles
in the freezer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I'm thinking tomorrow or the next day I'll thinly slice the other half
> of the steak and do a beef & broccoli stir fry.

If you do that, please tell the seasonings you use.
I've been planning to make that for a long time but still
haven't gotten around to it.

Note: I like to look at several recipes to get ingredient
ideas. I do seem to remember that Steve said oyster sauce
is recommended.

> It will only be sort of
> "Chinese" since I don't plan to make rice to go with it.

Mine will be served over long grain rice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:15:44 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I cut a chuck-eye steak in half, seasoned it with S&P and a little
> garlic salt and pan seared it in a small cast iron skillet to
> medium-rare. Nice and juicy! I'll be having that with a few small
> boiled red potatoes tossed with butter, S&P and dried dill weed.
> Steamed sliced yellow squash to go with it.

Salad with half a can of chickpeas, dressed with red-wine vinaigrette.
Toast drizzled with EVOO and sprinkled with coarse salt.

> I'm thinking tomorrow or the next day I'll thinly slice the other half
> of the steak and do a beef & broccoli stir fry. It will only be sort of
> "Chinese" since I don't plan to make rice to go with it.

Tonight might be my last half-serving of red lentil soup, spiced
Indian style with the other half of the can of chickpeas added
to it. I've got some rice left over from Monday to go with it.
Salad dressed with a mint-chutney and lime juice vinaigrette.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 11:48:47 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:15:44 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > I cut a chuck-eye steak in half, seasoned it with S&P and a little
> > garlic salt and pan seared it in a small cast iron skillet to
> > medium-rare. Nice and juicy! I'll be having that with a few small
> > boiled red potatoes tossed with butter, S&P and dried dill weed.
> > Steamed sliced yellow squash to go with it.

> Salad with half a can of chickpeas, dressed with red-wine vinaigrette.
> Toast drizzled with EVOO and sprinkled with coarse salt.
>
> > I'm thinking tomorrow or the next day I'll thinly slice the other half
> > of the steak and do a beef & broccoli stir fry. It will only be sort of
> > "Chinese" since I don't plan to make rice to go with it.

> Tonight might be my last half-serving of red lentil soup, spiced
> Indian style with the other half of the can of chickpeas added
> to it. I've got some rice left over from Monday to go with it.
> Salad dressed with a mint-chutney and lime juice vinaigrette.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I had a plate lunch from a supermarket. It was ahi Katsu and some steak. It would have been better without the steak.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...dmh79dLFAx4tQb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 6:59:17 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 11:48:47 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:15:44 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > > I cut a chuck-eye steak in half, seasoned it with S&P and a little
> > > garlic salt and pan seared it in a small cast iron skillet to
> > > medium-rare. Nice and juicy! I'll be having that with a few small
> > > boiled red potatoes tossed with butter, S&P and dried dill weed.
> > > Steamed sliced yellow squash to go with it.

> > Salad with half a can of chickpeas, dressed with red-wine vinaigrette.
> > Toast drizzled with EVOO and sprinkled with coarse salt.
> >
> > > I'm thinking tomorrow or the next day I'll thinly slice the other half
> > > of the steak and do a beef & broccoli stir fry. It will only be sort of
> > > "Chinese" since I don't plan to make rice to go with it.

> > Tonight might be my last half-serving of red lentil soup, spiced
> > Indian style with the other half of the can of chickpeas added
> > to it. I've got some rice left over from Monday to go with it.
> > Salad dressed with a mint-chutney and lime juice vinaigrette.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I had a plate lunch from a supermarket. It was ahi Katsu and some steak. It would have been better without the steak.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...dmh79dLFAx4tQb

Without the steak and with some vegetables. It looks delicious anyway.

Cindy Hamilton