Old 01-08-2020, 06:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Onion Recall, red, yellow, white, etc

https://tinyurl.com/yxfr5w2v

I'm glad I bought a 25# bag some weeks ago and have been using them
without problem. I really would miss onions.
Janet US

Old 02-08-2020, 12:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

https://tinyurl.com/yxfr5w2v

I'm glad I bought a 25# bag some weeks ago and have been using them
without problem. I really would miss onions.
Janet US

Thanks for that, Janet. I also have an old bag that I've
been using so won't worry about what I have.

I should find a website (or get on a mailing list) about
recalled food.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 07:25:20 -0400, Gary wrote:

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

https://tinyurl.com/yxfr5w2v

I'm glad I bought a 25# bag some weeks ago and have been using them
without problem. I really would miss onions.
Janet US

Thanks for that, Janet. I also have an old bag

I know she's nasty, but mind your language, Gary.

Old 02-08-2020, 08:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Hey Hank, post a recipe or are you just an ass lover?

Old 03-08-2020, 07:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 07:25:20 -0400, Gary wrote:

I should find a website (or get on a mailing list) about
recalled food.

The FDA maintains several recall mailing lists. I used to subscribe
but it just got to be too much email.

-sw
Old 03-08-2020, 04:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 01:40:29 -0500, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 07:25:20 -0400, Gary wrote:

I should find a website (or get on a mailing list) about
recalled food.

The FDA maintains several recall mailing lists. I used to subscribe
but it just got to be too much email.

-sw

I am on one of those lists but it only shows up every week or two. I
read about the onions on CNN. I haven't followed up on it so I don't
know if it is still all onions, or just one farm or whatever.
Janet US
Old 03-08-2020, 07:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 07:25:20 -0400, Gary wrote:

I should find a website (or get on a mailing list) about
recalled food.

The FDA maintains several recall mailing lists. I used to subscribe
but it just got to be too much email.

-sw

I am on one of those lists but it only shows up every week or two. I
read about the onions on CNN. I haven't followed up on it so I don't
know if it is still all onions, or just one farm or whatever.
Janet US

There's this, too.

https://www.foodsafetynews.com/subscribe/

I think that a free trade mag so I suspect you'll get at least an
email a day regardless of anything happening.

-sw
Old 03-08-2020, 07:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 07:25:20 -0400, Gary wrote:

I should find a website (or get on a mailing list) about
recalled food.

The FDA maintains several recall mailing lists. I used to subscribe
but it just got to be too much email.

-sw

I am on one of those lists but it only shows up every week or two. I
read about the onions on CNN. I haven't followed up on it so I don't
know if it is still all onions, or just one farm or whatever.
Janet US

There's this, too.

https://www.foodsafetynews.com/subscribe/

I think that a free trade mag so I suspect you'll get at least an
email a day regardless of anything happening.

-sw

thanks but I don't need an email everyday because anyone I have ever
ordered something sends me something about a big deal almost every
day.
Janet US
Old 05-08-2020, 06:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 12:34:09 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
https://tinyurl.com/yxfr5w2v

I'm glad I bought a 25# bag some weeks ago and have been using them
without problem. I really would miss onions.

If you're cooking them, that kills salmonella.

Janet US

--Bryan

Old 06-08-2020, 05:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 07:25:20 -0400, Gary wrote:

I should find a website (or get on a mailing list) about
recalled food.

The FDA maintains several recall mailing lists. I used to subscribe
but it just got to be too much email.

-sw

I am on one of those lists but it only shows up every week or two. I
read about the onions on CNN. I haven't followed up on it so I don't
know if it is still all onions, or just one farm or whatever.
Janet US

It's several but I can't tell if mine are on there and I don't remember
where I bought them. They're Walla Walla Sweets. so I think they're fine as
those have to be grown here.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 21:31:20 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

It's several but I can't tell if mine are on there and I don't remember
where I bought them. They're Walla Walla Sweets. so I think they're fine as
those have to be grown here.

The source is a distributor of onions, not a grower. So it doesn't
matter where your onions were grown. If they were stored at the
distributor's warehouses, they are suspect.

-sw
Old 06-08-2020, 07:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 00:55:29 -0500, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 21:31:20 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

It's several but I can't tell if mine are on there and I don't remember
where I bought them. They're Walla Walla Sweets. so I think they're fine as
those have to be grown here.

The source is a distributor of onions, not a grower. So it doesn't
matter where your onions were grown. If they were stored at the
distributor's warehouses, they are suspect.

-sw

thanks. I haven't been keeping up.
Janet US
Old 06-08-2020, 12:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S Janet B wrote:

https://tinyurl.com/yxfr5w2v

I'm glad I bought a 25# bag some weeks ago and have been using them
without problem. I really would miss onions.

we had a large bag of onions, almost all of them
were rotten so they must have been stored in really
bad conditions. usually they'll last long enough
that we can eat them and not have to throw much
away. so really, it was a good deal that ended up
not being all that great of a good deal after all.

the onions here are starting to fall over so we'll
be eating them from the garden for a while.

songbird
Old 08-08-2020, 07:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 21:31:20 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

It's several but I can't tell if mine are on there and I don't remember
where I bought them. They're Walla Walla Sweets. so I think they're fine
as
those have to be grown here.

The source is a distributor of onions, not a grower. So it doesn't
matter where your onions were grown. If they were stored at the
distributor's warehouses, they are suspect.

How would I find out?