Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Cultured" meat

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 07:23:34 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 8:55:48 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> I grind my own, beef runs around $4/lb and grinding takes less than
>> two minutes a pound, cleaning the ginder takes no more than five
>> minutes. I'll typically grind about 10 pounds and package for
>> freezing. Grinding day is usually meat loaf day, veggies get ground
>> as well, saves a lot of knife work... bread crumbs get ground last to
>> clean the machine (I often grind saltines). Half the grinding time is
>> for trimming roasts and slicing into long strips to fit the grinder
>> tube. I prefer trimm ing meat for grinding myself, I get rid of
>> gristle, silver skin, and any iffy parts. Even when cooking a whole
>> roast for pot roast/oven roast I still retrim.
>> I can't understand how people can eat mystery meat burgers.

>What YOU are grinding is the DEAD ANIMAL FLESH of living breathing ANIMALS much like yourself, asshole!

Strange, coming from a meat eater.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 2:52:15 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 7:27:09 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> >
> > Real meat producers better find a new job!!
> >
> > nb

> Here is another example of "real meat" grown from animal muscle stem cells:
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/27/s...ection=Science
>
> And another:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5EfhPGHg4
>
> I'm gonna call my investments guy Monty and ask him about my investing a small amount in stocks in these companies! Finless Foods, things like that!
>
> John Kuthe...

My guess is that I'll be eating some fake ahi sushi before I kick the bucket. That'll be quite the treat!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 2:06:56 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 07:23:34 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

> >What YOU are grinding is the DEAD ANIMAL FLESH of living breathing ANIMALS much like yourself, asshole!

> Strange, coming from a meat eater.

And THAT is why I am so interested in meat not from animals!

I LOVE eating meat, but the horror that modern meat production sickens me! I'd much rather savor the meat stem cell culture grown meat than animal killed meat. MUCH!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 13:31:08 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 2:06:56 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 07:23:34 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>> >What YOU are grinding is the DEAD ANIMAL FLESH of living breathing ANIMALS much like yourself, asshole!

>> Strange, coming from a meat eater.

>And THAT is why I am so interested in meat not from animals!
>
>I LOVE eating meat, but the horror that modern meat production sickens me! I'd much rather savor the meat stem cell culture grown meat than animal killed meat. MUCH!

Me too. I'd eat meat that way.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 13:31:08 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>> On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 07:23:34 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>> >What YOU are grinding is the DEAD ANIMAL FLESH of living breathing ANIMALS much like yourself, asshole!

>> Strange, coming from a meat eater.

>And THAT is why I am so interested in meat not from animals!
>
>I LOVE eating meat, but the horror that modern meat production sickens me! I'd much rather savor the meat stem cell culture grown meat than animal killed meat. MUCH!

Well, if you feel that way, why do you currently eat meat? Don't eat
meat, John. Why do YOU eat meat whilst abusing OTHERS, calling them
'asshole'? You really are a hypocritical piece of shit.